1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, DPP123 said:

Received two email/texts (unsolicited) saying my case is still under review.  Again, not that anyone cares but just figured i would share.  This is the second time this happens to me. 

I always found it intriguing on these apps that they NOTIFY someone that NOTHING has happened
I mean this is a heart attack waiting to happen! Good riddance

Timeline
13 hours ago, naija_glam said:

Hello all!!! Just got an appointment with our interview date. The interview will be on October 11th at our local office here in KC!!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Of course we will prepare as much as we can. With the way things are going, he should have his green card...dare I say...before the holidays!? 😊

9 hours ago, Mark_712 said:

Just got our appointment letter!! October 10th so hopefully we can get the GC before the holidays! All in all it took about eight weeks to get here from AOS submission to appointment  🙂

Congratulations to you both!!

Timeline
20 minutes ago, lorie L. said:

😳😳 still waiting here.. 

7 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

You should have your appointment for interview date any day now.  SC seems to be moving quickly. 

ditto what my girl DPP123 said
Did you have any app notifications yet? Perhaps a "Ready to be scheduled" or "fingerprint review complete?"
You're definitely next. 
I think I saw a May 2018 AOS Greer, SC folk get an interview for mid Sept
So yours is right around the corner! 

Edited by emekus94

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

ditto what my girl DPP123 said
Did you have any app notifications yet? Perhaps a "Ready to be scheduled" or "fingerprint review complete?"
You're definitely next. 
I think I saw a May 2018 AOS Greer, SC folk get an interview for mid Sept
So yours is right around the corner! 

still "fingerprint review was complete " hopefully.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, ineedadisplayname said:

That is so cool! Just relax, everything will be fine!

Good to see at least somebody from the same state, even with different local offices. I think I saw one other couple from Missouri or Illinois but with an office in MO

Thanks ineedadisplayname! I was told KC's office moves fairly quickly. STL's population is a little less than KC's so hopefully you'll be hearing back soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
8 minutes ago, naija_glam said:

Thanks ineedadisplayname! I was told KC's office moves fairly quickly. STL's population is a little less than KC's so hopefully you'll be hearing back soon.

That is good. I couldn't find anything about office speed in this area.... I saw some report about case received/processed etc linked by emekus94 where KC and STL had similar numbers. So I am hoping to see some movement soon. Filed on July 19, but got a RFE which might delayed the case, even so I replied to it in 2 days....

Anyway i was happy to see your post this morning  because it means probably in MO we don't need to wait like 8-9 months or more to get an interview...

Timeline
1 minute ago, ineedadisplayname said:

That is good. I couldn't find anything about office speed in this area.... I saw some report about case received/processed etc linked by emekus94 where KC and STL had similar numbers. So I am hoping to see some movement soon. Filed on July 19, but got a RFE which might delayed the case, even so I replied to it in 2 days....

Anyway i was happy to see your post this morning  because it means probably in MO we don't need to wait like 8-9 months or more to get an interview...

You're right that an RFE can delay things, but you responded quickly. There always the possibility that you may be waived for an interview as well. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

7 minutes ago, naija_glam said:

You're right that an RFE can delay things, but you responded quickly. There always the possibility that you may be waived for an interview as well. 

Ineedadisplayname - I don't think ur RFE will delay you much. U have confirmation they already got it right?
I personally think you're gonna hear something by end of month or first week of October at worst! That part of the country is breezing by. It's coming dude! 😄

Naija_glam- part of the new administration changes and why getting a GC is a hot mess is that apparently no one is waived for an interview for GC anymore. It's basically mandatory now. It's why offices like Houston and Philly are swamped!
We had a few people go to Infopasses and the IO told them that so many cases that they thought could be waived for interviews cannot anymore and now they gotta find a way to catch up with the work load

Edited by emekus94

Timeline
30 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Ineedadisplayname - I don't think ur RFE will delay you much. U have confirmation they already got it right?
I personally think you're gonna hear something by end of month or first week of October at worst! That part of the country is breezing by. It's coming dude! 😄

Naija_glam- part of the new administration changes and why getting a GC is a hot mess is that apparently no one is waived for an interview for GC anymore. It's basically mandatory now. It's why offices like Houston and Philly are swamped!
We had a few people go to Infopasses and the IO told them that so many cases that they thought could be waived for interviews cannot anymore and now they gotta find a way to catch up with the work load

Oh snap, I didn't know they weren't waiving anyone anymore! Now I get why offices with higher populations are running so slow.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, naija_glam said:

Oh snap, I didn't know they weren't waiving anyone anymore! Now I get why offices with higher populations are running so slow.

Well we all know who we could thank :)  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, naija_glam said:

4 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

Well we all know who we could thank :)  

It's literally a mess
Just 2016 was a different story than this year. 
I bet you most of us would have sailed through without interviews.

Tis what it is
We are all delayed, but not denied. So let's all just keep chugging along
This too shall pass

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hey everyone! I try to read this thread every day! I wish my office was fast like Indiana and South Carolina. My office is New Orleans and it's pretty slow. =/

My case is ready to be scheduled for an interview for a month now, but still waiting!

Glad to see people are following this thread. I also felt like k1 threads were more active, haha! Good luck to everyone, hope you have an amazing afternoon! If there's any new orleans applicants let me know! 

Sooo we just got a case status update.  It says our interview was scheduled.  Considering we sent the packet at the end of July and did fingerprints 3 weeks ago, this seems way too fast doesn't it?  It just changed 2 days ago from 'interview ready to be scheduled'.  Could this be a red flag since it is so much faster than normal?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.