1,939 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, LizM said:

It seems that some people who had done this before were able to change the code by calling the "National Customer Service Center", which, I'm assuming is the USCIS Contact Center (https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter). Infopass apparently won't help as the local office cannot request to have this information changed.

I would try this if I were you. How much did you write the check for?

Thanks! I called this morning. I have to wait to get a reference number and send a letter stating the change. Hope its an easy process. USCIS never makes anything easy though. 

Good news is our package arrived there today. No notice of receipt yet. Onwards to patiently waiting. 

@LizM I see you had your biometrics already! Awesome! How did it go? Was it easy? Dare I get excited that this side of the process is moving fairly quickly? 

:D

8 minutes ago, John and Janay said:

Thanks! I called this morning. I have to wait to get a reference number and send a letter stating the change. Hope its an easy process. USCIS never makes anything easy though. 

Good news is our package arrived there today. No notice of receipt yet. Onwards to patiently waiting. 

@LizM I see you had your biometrics already! Awesome! How did it go? Was it easy? Dare I get excited that this side of the process is moving fairly quickly? 

:D

Oh it was super easy, took only five minutes - however the waiting time was about 45 minutes, so that was a bit of a drag. They just take some bio info from you, your picture, and your fingerprints. FYI the picture they take is the one that will be used on EAD so keep that in mind :D;)

Some people get updates soon after bio, very few get the "Interview and Testing"-email and go on to have their interviews scheduled. Most of us will just have another gap with waiting, waiting, and more waiting. But yes it does feel very exciting at the beginning, since the biometrics appointment comes so quickly.

What are people on here planning to do with their free time? Is anyone trying to study over here in the US? Or what is the plan. :)

h

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
16 minutes ago, LizM said:

Oh it was super easy, took only five minutes - however the waiting time was about 45 minutes, so that was a bit of a drag. They just take some bio info from you, your picture, and your fingerprints. FYI the picture they take is the one that will be used on EAD so keep that in mind :D;)

Some people get updates soon after bio, very few get the "Interview and Testing"-email and go on to have their interviews scheduled. Most of us will just have another gap with waiting, waiting, and more waiting. But yes it does feel very exciting at the beginning, since the biometrics appointment comes so quickly.

What are people on here planning to do with their free time? Is anyone trying to study over here in the US? Or what is the plan. :)

If they use the picture you take that day, then ####### do they request two pics per application for AOS paperwork.... LMFAO  I would love to understand a method to the madness .  

3 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

If they use the picture you take that day, then ####### do they request two pics per application for AOS paperwork.... LMFAO  I would love to understand a method to the madness .  

I went to Duane Reade to have my picture taken for the AOS package. They charged me like $50 for those six pictures, and on top of that they were the ugliest photos you have ever seen. I wouldn't say I'm vain but I felt truly uncomfortable sending those in. So personally I'm just happy they will not use them for anything important :D

h

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
6 minutes ago, LizM said:

I went to Duane Reade to have my picture taken for the AOS package. They charged me like $50 for those six pictures, and on top of that they were the ugliest photos you have ever seen. I wouldn't say I'm vain but I felt truly uncomfortable sending those in. So personally I'm just happy they will not use them for anything important :D

funny you mention that.  My fiance and i went to CVS and paid approximately $40 for six pics too.  I was so angry because i had two left over from K1 (taken less than six months ago) and he had two pics too (but they were each different).  We contemplated just buying two and sending the others in and then i said NO.. they all have to be the same because i bet we would get RFEd because of different pics.  Who knows what they use those six pics for but my fiance will be happy to hear that the ones he took at CVS won't be because he wasn't very happy with them  lol  

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello fellow Julies!

My wife & 12 yr old step-daughter's I-485, I-765, & I-131's were mailed out on July 3, delivered on July 5, and today we received the six NOA1's - all dated July 11 - and when I put the receipt numbers for all six NOA1's into the https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov account we'd set up last week, the USCIS system shows the received date as July 10 for all the forms.

Guys ! just mailed my AOS package today ! it will arrive at USCIS wednesday :D

applying for EAD AP and GC... it's that game again WAITING :jest:

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, DPP123 said:

funny you mention that.  My fiance and i went to CVS and paid approximately $40 for six pics too.  I was so angry because i had two left over from K1 (taken less than six months ago) and he had two pics too (but they were each different).  We contemplated just buying two and sending the others in and then i said NO.. they all have to be the same because i bet we would get RFEd because of different pics.  Who knows what they use those six pics for but my fiance will be happy to hear that the ones he took at CVS won't be because he wasn't very happy with them  lol  

Y'all are funny
But @LizM this is ludacris
Why make me send hard-earned dollars worth of passport photos and THEN like a month later, retake the pics (thank God our 6 only cost us around $11)
smh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
58 minutes ago, GarryAndMarie said:

Hello fellow Julies!

My wife & 12 yr old step-daughter's I-485, I-765, & I-131's were mailed out on July 3, delivered on July 5, and today we received the six NOA1's - all dated July 11 - and when I put the receipt numbers for all six NOA1's into the https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov account we'd set up last week, the USCIS system shows the received date as July 10 for all the forms.

That's standard
Having forms a day/2 days backwards dated seems to be what's happening this day
Doesn't mean anything.
Onwards with progress!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/12/2018 at 8:51 PM, Gn&Ln said:

happy to join! mailed our aos today july 12 ☺️ 

Same here we overnighted it to Chicago office. So happy and anxious to be in this stage of the process! 

August 1, 2017 - mailed K1 Application 

August 4 - Receievd TSC - NOA1

August 8 - Transfered to CSC

February 10 - NOA 2

March 1st - MCN# In Transit

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 12 - Completed D160

March 22 - Ready CEAC

March 27 - SLEC - Medical

March 28 received medical results 

April 2 - CFO Completed 

April 5 - Embassy Interview (Results 221G 😭)

April 20 - Submitted RFE requirements (221G)

April 23 - Docs Recieved at NVC Via 2go

April 24 - email received from Embassy to complete Oath 

April 25 - Oath and Fingerprints - No appointment needed

April 25 CEAC Status update AP

May 3rd - CEAC Status Update Still AP

May 8 - CEAC Staus  Changed to Non Immigrant Status

May 9 - CEAC Status - ISSUED! ❤️👏😂😅

May 12 - VOH - Blessed be to God in the Highest!! 🙏😭

May 30 - POE ✈️

May 31st - Confirmed I94 and applied for SSN

June 4 - Married 🎉🙏🎂💑🍾👰🏻🤵🏻

June 5 - Received SSN! - Took only three business days 👏

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

Aug 14 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview 

Sept 4 - Interview Was Scheduled 

39 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Y'all are funny
But @LizM this is ludacris
Why make me send hard-earned dollars worth of passport photos and THEN like a month later, retake the pics (thank God our 6 only cost us around $11)
smh

I think it's for safety reasons. Once you've entered the country they want you to show up in person, show your photo ID, and give your fingerprints. It's likely, in our cases, to verify that the person who is now AOSing is the same person that applied for the K1. Also, let's not forget that AOSing based on marriage gives us a legal status in the country - authorized stay - it would be strange if they did not verify our identities early on in the process. 

I honestly don't think AOS is too bad so far. I have a lot of energy but I use it by doing a lot of research. Back in Sweden I had a fairly good idea of what types of companies and opportunities I would like to pursue. But coming here is sort of like starting from scratch. Lots of research needed. It's quite enjoyable :D

h

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/14/2018 at 5:12 PM, RobDean said:

Hello everyone, we submitted Aos on the 30th of june, got to chicago on the 2nd july and still no NoA1. I called them and they said they have nothing no information, so im a little worried! Any other july 2 fieler? 

Hello! My aos package was delivered via UPS to the Chicago lockbox on July 2 as well. Still no email/text notification. I am hoping we get it this week!

My AOS/EAD/AP timeline:
7/25/18: PD
8/24/18: Biometrics walk-in (successful)
8/24/18: Request to expedite EAD
8/27/18: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

10/12/18: EAD Card status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

10/13/18: EAD Card Approval Notice dated 10/10/18 received in mail

10/13/18: AP Approval Notice dated 10/10/18 received in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, lesliem said:

Hello! My aos package was delivered via UPS to the Chicago lockbox on July 2 as well. Still no email/text notification. I am hoping we get it this week!

Did you send it through UPS using priority mail 3 days?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.