1,607 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, LukeU said:

Running the risk of asking a stupidly stupid question but:

Receiving the NOA2 doesn't effect any admissibility on a ESTA tourist visa does it? 

I always take a letterheaded letter stating my return to employment date etc to show my intent to return and ties back to my (current) home country.

That's all you will need (employer letter) to use, and your ESTA visa. Many have done it before you and had no problems.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

9 hours ago, Mousey said:

woke up to this. 

positive: they worked on our case

negative: i don’t know what would been missing cause we added everything 

fiance will call monday and see if tier 2 can tell us what’s missing before we get the mail cause he is deployed and mail takes long time to get there and we still need to try to get the missing papers. 

it sucks

Here is what you can do. Call to USCIS and ask to speak to a tier 2. When they are on the line explain that you would like a fax copy of the RFE as your fiance is in the military and is deployed and can't be contacted for a few months. A "white lie" in this case must be used to get the document so you can respond within their timeline. Stress the urgency to them of your plight. Good luck.

I've listed the phone numbers at the top of this page for someone else.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Soooo...I received an alert this morning on one of the apps that said there was a “change in status”.   Nothing on the website or even on the app that “alerted” me. 

Could it be a “touch”?  Or?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
21 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Create new Letters of Intent separately. She can sign and scan hers and send to you to print and include in the return envelope (because USCIS will take scanned copies of documents containing signatures). I've see both ways work where both sign the same letter (my wife and I did it that way with no problems) and I have seen others who have received an RFE much like you have.

No RFE for separate letters yet but my fiancee and I signed 1 letter. I don't know if the wording on it makes a difference or not but this is what I put and we both signed and dated it

image.thumb.png.bad53f9bb2002958e65c7dac23ed1ad6.png

1 hour ago, Mekulisch said:

Soooo...I received an alert this morning on one of the apps that said there was a “change in status”.   Nothing on the website or even on the app that “alerted” me. 

Yes it could only be a "touch" or something else that will update later.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

9 hours ago, Mekulisch said:

I received a similar one last Tuesday I think it was and the wording on the NOA1 had slightly changed I believe them removed a telephone number. 

The old site and apps are still just showing "Case was received" 

However the new site is showing that we were approved and that updated on the 30th Nov showing 29th as our approval date 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
19 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Let me know what you decide to do, what use to "educate" USCIS and what the outcome is from USCIS. Good luck. We're in your corner cheering you on.

@Greenbaum @HP+IC

I promise I will keep you guys and the forum in the loop about how I response to the REF and what the outcome is :)

So far:

I went through all my divorce paperwork again and and found the following... Right after the divorce I received a letter from my attorney which had the first version of divorce decree and a protocol from the actual divorce hearing attached. This first version of the divorce decree looks very much the same as the final one but it has an additional section where it talks about instructions of the right to appeal. But at the same time it already has the stamp which clearly says in words the divorce is already effective .... because in the protocol its written that both parties agreed during the hearing to NOT appeal.

However, 1.5 month later I did get a mail from the court directly which was a cover letter and the "final divorce decree" which does not show the appeal section anymore and has now also 2 stamps on it ... one for "divorce is effective" with a date and one for "pension rights adjustment is effective" with a date as well.

-> This was the divorce decree I did provide to USCIS with the I-129F    

BUT I did not attach the cover letter from the court which I thought is not needed. This cover letter als says I one sentence (again whats already shown with the stamps) that the divorce is final and effective.

So what I plan do in our reply to the REF:

- I will attach the first version of the divorce decree with the protocol and I will call the the Nisi

- Then I will attach the final version again (which they already have) but this time including the cover letter from the court

- And I will try to get any written confirmation from the court or my attorney about this papers

And then lets pray thats enough...

Thank you guys so much for your responses! It does help to talk about is and get opinions :)

32 minutes ago, Susi&Vinnie said:

@Greenbaum @HP+IC

I promise I will keep you guys and the forum in the loop about how I response to the REF and what the outcome is :) ...

You have very solid evidence now and your approach is magnificent!

Last thing you do is sign and date your RFE and make copies for yourself. Send the original RFE with the rest of the documents. Good luck. I really think this is the answer to the RFE. Normally the process will take 2- 4 weeks and can be more.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

@Susi&Vinnie glad that you figured it out. My one and only divorce decree is like your first one except that it is final now that time for appeal has elapsed and no one appealed. We do not negotiate either the award or tge wording. There is no way the court will confirm that is is final, though we have an open register of court rulings nline and it is marked there as having come into force. I just pray that people at USCIS know that for Ukraine, otherwise we might see an RFE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:53 PM, Greenbaum said:

Here is what you can do. Call to USCIS and ask to speak to a tier 2. When they are on the line explain that you would like a fax copy of the RFE as your fiance is in the military and is deployed and can't be contacted for a few months. A "white lie" in this case must be used to get the document so you can respond within their timeline. Stress the urgency to them of your plight. Good luck.

I've listed the phone numbers at the top of this page for someone else.

thanks he will call today. but they don't have a fax machine where he is at so I hope they can tell him on the phone or send an email. They just add more stress on his deployment which really sucks cause we provided all the required papers. Well hope to know more by tonight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I'm a June filler, still haven't get Noa2. Should I worry? I'have seen many other June to get approved, for example case number finishes at 73 and the case 74 is approved and I'm still pending😥

11 minutes ago, Marcela Palomino said:

Hi, I'm a June filler, still haven't get Noa2. Should I worry? I'have seen many other June to get approved, for example case number finishes at 73 and the case 74 is approved and I'm still pending😥

There are many before you and many after you. This is where patience is needed as your turn will come. No one knows with any certainty when your case will get an approval so now it's more of :clock:.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.