1,626 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Long winded but I cut and pasted from something I posted elsewhere:

You call them.
It can take 2-8 weeks to get from CSC to the NVC but you can start calling at Day 14. Either the petitioner or beneficiary can call. Doesn't matter who.
603-334-0700. 1 for English and then choose 2.
They will ask for your WAC# and the petitioner's name and date of birth and the beneficiary's name and date of birth. Once they have your file it may take many more weeks to get the NVC# (They will tell you up to 8 weeks). 
You can then give NVC the beneficiary's email address as now all important instructions will be sent to them. They may still snail mail your beneficiary rather than email so be patient.
Once you have the NVC# you can track your petition on the CEAC website from the NVC to your embassy. It will say "At NVC" when they are still processing it there, "In Transit" when it's on its way to the embassy and "Ready" when it has arrived at the embassy. Depending on your embassy, once it reaches "Ready" status you may be able to send them Packet 3 or you may be required to wait until they send you P3 instructions.

PS you will use your new NVC number (it starts with the 3 letters of your embassy) on the CEAC website. Don't forget to select "immigrant" from the drop down menu as, at this stage, that's what it is (immigrant).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi ,we got approved at 06/01/2018 and we are waiting for NVC .We want to know if I benefacery can I prepare the document for embassy before receiving letter from embassy ?? 

3 hours ago, Bela said:

Hi ,we got approved at 06/01/2018 and we are waiting for NVC .We want to know if I benefacery can I prepare the document for embassy before receiving letter from embassy ?? 

Depends on your Embassy. Your Embassy has strict instructions in the P3 letter which I have given the link to here:  http://photos.state.gov/libraries/albania/388734/documents/instr-k1-alb.pdf and for the English version here http://photos.state.gov/libraries/albania/388734/documents/instr-k1-eng.pdf

You can prepare all your document pre P3 instructions for Embassy but can't submit until you've been informed to do so. Has you fiancé(e) lived in another country since the age of 16 for more than 6 months at a time. If yes then you will need Police Certificates from those country's. They can take upwards of 1-2 months to get so starting on them now will save you time.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hey @Greenbaum, do you have any information regarding the Athens embassy? My fiance is Albanian also, but has been a permanent resident in Greece since he was 14. 

I've tried snooping around VJ for information, but it seems pretty slim pickings... especially for anything remotely recent. 

Thank you in advance! And thank you @K1visaHopeful for consolidating all that info for us. :D 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
40 minutes ago, DeepakChani said:

Any June 1 NOA2s get their NVC # yet?

I think it's taking an average of 20 days at the moment. But who knows, you guys might be lucky and get your case numbers earlier. 

I got my NOA2  May 18th and still haven't received my case number. (I was told that they received my case today though!!) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi!! Got out NOA2 on June 8th. I have just started following this thread. Does anyone know and have experience on what comes next if going through the embassy in Mexico d. F.? I would love to get things going before they send us the list of things through the mail. I already know to wait 2 weeks before calling for nvc#.. But what should I be g doing after that? 

10 hours ago, Emily & Elton said:

Hey @Greenbaum, do you have any information regarding the Athens embassy? My fiance is Albanian also, but has been a permanent resident in Greece since he was 14. 

I've tried snooping around VJ for information, but it seems pretty slim pickings... especially for anything remotely recent. 

Thank you in advance! And thank you @K1visaHopeful for consolidating all that info for us. :D 

I don't have anything on Greece as there are not many who what to leave such a beautiful place :jest:

Here is what I did find. http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=Greece&page=1&dfilter=5&topic

You might want to send off an email to AthensConsul@state.gov to see if you can get a check list or Packet 3 for your interview and what are the procedures. Their website is worthless to process.

If you get a copy of the P3 can you make a scanned pdf file and email it to me? I'd like to have it for the next person. Just PM when you get a copy and I'll share my email address with you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, Elorod18 said:

Hi!! Got out NOA2 on June 8th. I have just started following this thread. Does anyone know and have experience on what comes next if going through the embassy in Mexico d. F.? I would love to get things going before they send us the list of things through the mail. I already know to wait 2 weeks before calling for nvc#.. But what should I be g doing after that? 

I am having problems finding a current copy of the Embassy instructions. This one is from 2014. https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ - Ciudad Juarez.pdf I'd say to review it and check the links to see if they are still current. Just investigate and see where the roads lead you till you get something from the Embassy. This has information also https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-MX/iv/information/contact_us. Also information is here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez Also go to the sub-forum for others who are in the same situation here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/ That is the place you should be as there are experts there that can help you while those who are here are trying to put their arms around the process for their country. Each Embassy has different process and different requirements so it's best to go to the sub-forum and ask your questions. Hope this has helped.

If you get a copy of the P3 can you send me a copy? I use them to answer the same question you asked for others who will come after you. PM me for my email address once you get the P3. Thanks.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I am having problems finding a current copy of the Embassy instructions. This one is from 2014. https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ - Ciudad Juarez.pdf I'd say to review it and check the links to see if they are still current. Just investigate and see where the roads lead you till you get something from the Embassy. This has information also https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-MX/iv/information/contact_us. Also information is here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez Also go to the sub-forum for others who are in the same situation here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/ That is the place you should be as there are experts there that can help you while those who are here are trying to put their arms around the process for their country. Each Embassy has different process and different requirements so it's best to go to the sub-forum and ask your questions. Hope this has helped.

If you get a copy of the P3 can you send me a copy? I use them to answer the same question you asked for others who will come after you. PM me for my email address once you get the P3. Thanks. 

Thank you so much. Yes I had found the Juarez document from 2014 also. I will be in contact with you as soon as I get my P3! 

Edited by Elorod18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, x_driven_x said:

Hello all! Just want to join the ranks of the rest of you wonderful people in the June NOA2 thread! We got NOA2 last week, so I'll be waiting a bit for NVC to get our case... Looking forward to these next steps in the process!

Welcome @x_driven_x to the June NOA2 thread. From everything I am seeing right now most people are getting their NVC number around 21 days. Tomorrow that could change.

Edited by BluesDancer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, BluesDancer said:

Welcome @x_driven_x to the June NOA2 thread. From everything I am seeing right now most people are getting their NVC number around 21 days. Tomorrow that could change.

Thank you! I'm going to call on day 15 and just ask, but it's good to know a benchmark to shoot for! 

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.