1,652 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, LizM said:

Yay! Have they cashed the check yet? :D We used the new credit card payment and they reserved an amount so I am hopeful it worked! I was just a bit nervous since it was relatively new. 

oh i haven't even checked that with my boo. we sent a check, didn't even see the creditcard thing :)

i hope you hear back soon also! bam bam bammmm! :D

Happy Friday everyone, hope you have great weekend plans ahead of you!

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

4 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

oh i haven't even checked that with my boo. we sent a check, didn't even see the creditcard thing :)

i hope you hear back soon also! bam bam bammmm! :D

Happy Friday everyone, hope you have great weekend plans ahead of you!

I hope so too :D

My husband just went to work but we're going to try and see if we can get out of the city and do some hiking this weekend. But before that I have another trip to the SSA planned, I want to nag them about finding me in the SAVE database... Wish me luck :P

h

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Michelle M said:

My credit card was charged today, package sent on 6/5 and received 6/7.  Guess that's a good sign that everything is in order.

Yes and no. They have accepted your application and will forward to the appropriate offices. Once these offices start going through your application only then you know whether or not everything is really fine....RFEs no RFEs etc...

Good luck

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

39 minutes ago, LizM said:

My husband just went to work but we're going to try and see if we can get out of the city and do some hiking this weekend. But before that I have another trip to the SSA planned, I want to nag them about finding me in the SAVE database... Wish me luck :P

Have you or has anyone tried searching the SAVE database yourself before making a trip to SSA office?  I found it when researching the whole Social Security card thing but as my fiancé is not set to arrive until Monday, we can’t see yet if it works. 

https://www.uscis.gov/save/casecheck

Edited by Kswtangel
Edited to add link for website

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

6 minutes ago, Kswtangel said:

Have you or has anyone tried searching the SAVE database yourself before making a trip to SSA office?  I found it when researching the whole Social Security card thing but as my fiancé is not set to arrive until Monday, we can’t see yet if it works. 

https://www.uscis.gov/save/casecheck

I have. I can't find anything on my I-94 number or my USCIS number (A-number). But I can find something when I search for my passport number. I didn't try that earlier, so I figured it's worth a trip over to see if they will take any action on it :) Even if they can't, manual verifications are not really manual anymore in the sense that they send a paper document. It's all electronic since 1st of June. But since I missed that date by two days (went to the SSA on 5/29), I will have to go and check if they can't do an electronic verification for me too... Will probably be faster!

h

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our AOS timeline so far is

• Wednesday May 30th Sent AOS again via USPS certified mail
  • Friday, June 1st - Delivered to the Chicago Lockbox
  • Wednesday, June 6th - $1,225 charged on my credit card (G-1450 form)
  • Thursday, June 7th - Received e-notifications via e-mail and texts (3 in total, one for each form)

39 minutes ago, LizM said:

I have. I can't find anything on my I-94 number or my USCIS number (A-number). But I can find something when I search for my passport number. I didn't try that earlier, so I figured it's worth a trip over to see if they will take any action on it :) Even if they can't, manual verifications are not really manual anymore in the sense that they send a paper document. It's all electronic since 1st of June. But since I missed that date by two days (went to the SSA on 5/29), I will have to go and check if they can't do an electronic verification for me too... Will probably be faster!

Gah!  This whole process is just way more complicated than it needs to be!  Lol  I can’t wait for this all to be done and done.  Good luck on your next trip.  Hopefully you’re able to settle it this time around!

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, T_P said:

Yes and no. They have accepted your application and will forward to the appropriate offices. Once these offices start going through your application only then you know whether or not everything is really fine....RFEs no RFEs etc...

Good luck

Thank you :) 

I'm prepared for a RFE because I have the feeling I missed something but am super happy they did not reject it.

Updated:

6/1/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS

6/4/2018 - Delivered to Chicago lockbox

6/7/2018 - Received emails/texts at 10pm with the receipt numbers

6/8/2018 - Check cashed in the morning

Suppose next step will be waiting for bio info

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -  Case was transferred To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

2 hours ago, LizM said:

yes he just replied, they got the money this morning :D woopwoop! (well technically i should cry cos it's so much hahaha)

oooh good luck with the SS place! i cross all fingers that it works good :D just bring the marriage licence with you and i also brought NOA2

so they see what's going on ;) but NY will be a lot easier i think than here hahahaha 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Hello, guys.

i am a bit confused here. I sent my GC/EAD/AP on May 23 and got e notice on May30.

Today I got a letter says case i485 and i765 and I have a bio appointment on June 20. But why it doesn’t say i131 on the case. I don’t understand.

Also, I never get any NOA1 notice. Since I applied for three different things, would I get three notice papers or just one? Seems I missed all those NOA1 notice. 

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Tomalley said:

Hello, guys.

i am a bit confused here. I sent my GC/EAD/AP on May 23 and got e notice on May30.

Today I got a letter says case i485 and i765 and I have a bio appointment on June 20. But why it doesn’t say i131 on the case. I don’t understand.

Also, I never get any NOA1 notice. Since I applied for three different things, would I get three notice papers or just one? Seems I missed all those NOA1 notice. 

Can anyone help? Thanks!

I've received online case status notices of receipt for all three applications (AOS, EAD, and AP) but my letter did not state I-131 either, just I-485 and I-765. I assume the AP does not require a Biometrics or maybe it does and they use it from the I-485 and/or I-765.

I got a NOA1 for each application (AOS, EAD, and AP). So three NOA1's.

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

4 hours ago, Kswtangel said:

Gah!  This whole process is just way more complicated than it needs to be!  Lol  I can’t wait for this all to be done and done.  Good luck on your next trip.  Hopefully you’re able to settle it this time around!

2 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

yes he just replied, they got the money this morning :D woopwoop! (well technically i should cry cos it's so much hahaha)

oooh good luck with the SS place! i cross all fingers that it works good :D just bring the marriage licence with you and i also brought NOA2

so they see what's going on ;) but NY will be a lot easier i think than here hahahaha 

Thank you guys!

Unfortunately, no luck at the SSA - still in manual verification jungle - however, I'm very happy to say that I was able to get a bank account today :D

I spontaneously went over to TD Bank because a Google search made it seem they accepted customers without SSNs. And it was true, they only needed two forms of identification - however, they also need proof of a US address... So I disappointedly left because I have no such thing, no state ID (because that requires proof of address too <_<), no utility bills, no bank statements addressed to my home (obviously). But as I was walking back I realized that my US address is on my marriage certificate. Which I had in my bag. So I went back and they accepted it! To everyone who feels stuck because they don't have their SSN yet, you are not screwed! And the best part is now I have additional proof of address to bring with me when I try to get a State ID at the DMV next week :) I am strong without an SSN! Hehe.

FYI, the TD checking account + debit card is free if you keep a minimum of $100 in it. They wanted me to deposit $25 while I opened it and there was a $3 fee to withdraw those $25 but I can live with that. I had wanted to become a customer in my husband's bank to open a joint account with him, but his bank will not accept no SSN or ITIN, so this is absolutely fine for now, just happy that I could do something.

Edited by LizM

h

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.