TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. This forum has been so helpful. I wouldn't have called to ask or speak with  Tier 2 agent, if it weren't for the discussions on this platform

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yeah..I just received my first notification since last year Nov, and it was an RFE😥. I guess I have to wait till I get a mailed copy, to see what infor was requested...

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Also can you complete your profile. If you see others they have the Embassy in which they will process through so without it it makes it hard to respond to questions that are Embassy specific.

Go to the top right of this page select your name>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.  :thumbs:

Normally soon after business hours.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jeffreyyu said:

Oh my!! 😂😂You gotta let her down easy

She's voluntarily ignorant despite my suggestions to join VJ, do some research etc.

With my luck, she'll get approved before I do!  :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone just a word of advice. I got an RFE letter explaining I didn't include ALL of my divorce documents because there were too may as  just added a few of the first few pages and then the judges signature so hoping everyone who has divorce decrees sent them all.  Just sent all the divorce documents back today so hoping in the next few weeks we can finally get our approval.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nairus said:

Anyone with any experience with RFE????

Yep, got an RFE notice On May 23rd  and then 3 days later a letter in the mail saying I didn't have a copy of all my divorce documents. So no problem just copied all the rest and sent them back out today by priority mail. Just make sure you include a cover letter explaining the deficiency and all the document sending as requested. Very Important!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Emily & Elton said:

She's voluntarily ignorant despite my suggestions to join VJ, do some research etc.

With my luck, she'll get approved before I do!  :lol:

Lol I'm pretty sure you will hear something this r next week gods willing...but I see we have the same noa1 date. My last numbers is 43516 what's yours ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jeffreyyu said:

Lol I'm pretty sure you will hear something this r next week gods willing...but I see we have the same noa1 date. My last numbers is 43516 what's yours ?

I hope you are right... :yes: Mine ends in 6152, I've seen only a few around my date have any update... lots with nothing at all. They have plenty of work to do.

I also just received information from the rep at my congresswoman's office, and she said she was able to get through right away and that the case has been assigned to an officer, that I should expect to hear in the next few weeks, and she will continue to check the status on a weekly basis. She was very friendly, even mentioned she and my fiance share the same birthday ^_^  I was almost in tears just from hearing someone in the Govt. say "I'm sorry it's taking so long" or show any sympathy at all.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

Hey everyone just a word of advice. I got an RFE letter explaining I didn't include ALL of my divorce documents because there were too may as  just added a few of the first few pages and then the judges signature so hoping everyone who has divorce decrees sent them all.  Just sent all the divorce documents back today so hoping in the next few weeks we can finally get our approval.

This is surprising since nothing in the K-1 visa instructions indicated that ALL divorce documents be included,  If I remember correctly, proof of divorce was the only requirement, which I gave.... I could understand asking for everything when submitting the affidavit of support, but not for the initial application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, nykolos said:

This is surprising since nothing in the K-1 visa instructions indicated that ALL divorce documents be included,  If I remember correctly, proof of divorce was the only requirement, which I gave.... I could understand asking for everything when submitting the affidavit of support, but not for the initial application.

Well proof of divorce is the full document, not just the first and last pages - that basically goes for any document, you can't just sent part of it.... The divorce is needed because if you are not divorced you are not eligible for the visa, it's definitely one of the things they check up front. 

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Timeline
Just now, x_driven_x said:

Well proof of divorce is the full document, not just the first and last pages - that basically goes for any document, you can't just sent part of it.... The divorce is needed because if you are not divorced you are not eligible for the visa, it's definitely one of the things they check up front. 

I sent the final judgment of divorce from the court, with case number and the judges signature, that is proof, custody and spouse support in the filing is not proof, so I don't know why they would want these, unless proving financial liability. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Every single day i check this thread more then mine hoping that there'll be tons of happy faces with approvals.. So that our turn comes soon... Sadly disappointed with the fact that its getting slow and worst day by day😢 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, nykolos said:

I sent the final judgment of divorce from the court, with case number and the judges signature, that is proof, custody and spouse support in the filing is not proof, so I don't know why they would want these, unless proving financial liability. 

While I personally understand your point; They want the full document is all, as with any document.  I've been told even for birth certificate, you should send a copy of the back, even if it's blank - some states have info on the front and back.

Perhaps there could be something in the middle pages that for whatever reason they don't like, I have no idea...

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.