TBoneTX

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC [Part II]

983 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Tpienkowski said:

Okay, great. We want to buy my fiancé’s plane ticket for July 12/13th and his interview is on June 29th so I’m just making sure that’s a reasonable timeline 

I don't want to sound like a negative nancy but I wouldn't buy any plane tickets just yet. Believe me I do know it's killing my fiance not to buy his but just to be on the safe side. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Brittani said:

I don't want to sound like a negative nancy but I wouldn't buy any plane tickets just yet. Believe me I do know it's killing my fiance not to buy his but just to be on the safe side. 

We haven’t bought them yet but the plan is to buy them before the interview. I know people who see and have done both sides of it, and some people see it as a big risk, but I feel like as long as we give ourselves a reasonable timeline & the insurance for the flights, the worst that will happen, is we use our insurance to change his departure date. 

Just now, Tpienkowski said:

We haven’t bought them yet but the plan is to buy them before the interview. I know people who see and have done both sides of it, and some people see it as a big risk, but I feel like as long as we give ourselves a reasonable timeline & the insurance for the flights, the worst that will happen, is we use our insurance to change his departure date. 

Yeah as long as you can change the flight if need me shouldn't be an issue :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tpienkowski said:

I bought mine with travel insurance/ refundable and changeable. Even with the changing fee it costed less than what it shows now. 

If you know what you’re doing. And know about the fees involve in the time of refund/changes. I don’t see a problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

I bought mine with travel insurance/ refundable and changeable. Even with the changing fee it costed less than what it shows now. 

If you know what you’re doing. And know about the fees involve in the time of refund/changes. I don’t see a problem.

That’s how we’re looking at it, I just want my fiancé here ASAP and last minute flights are close to 1,000 dollars so if we wanted a reasonable ticket, we either buy a month before the interview or for a month after. It’s already been close to 3 months since I’ve seen him, 4 is long enough :/ 

2 hours ago, Andreypa said:

Hello!

Can someone please explain me one thing. I'm getting a bit confused.

What is the difference paying visa fee on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/, like me and my fiancee just did and the CEAC website where you fill out DS160 and also pay visa fee. I never got to use Invoice# that NVC gave me. 

I am not real familiar with the procedures for making the payment and scheduling your interview but this is what I have learned :

As soon as you receive the MOS case number, you are able to go to the US Embassy website and schedule your interview date. You will need to pay the $325.00 to the Russian Standard Bank online and wait (3 hours to 24 hours) for this information to be obtained by the US Embassy website and then input the receipt number from your payment, this allows you to schedule the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Russia&cty=Moscow

I'm not real sure what you did but I have a feeling that it is not the proper way to schedule your interview and pay the fee. You may want to get on the phone with the Embassy.

Your beginning to ask questions of others who are trying to wrap their arms around their Embassy requirements. I recommend that you go to the sub-forum for your country. The link is here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-belarus/. This is where you can ask others who like yourself are processing through Russia and many are very knowledgeable. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow VOH for @Naes 🎉🎉🎉🍾💑🍹

Congrats!!! Its quick. The 3 day timeline in my mind is real 😂

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I am not real familiar with the procedures for making the payment and scheduling your interview but this is what I have learned :

As soon as you receive the MOS case number, you are able to go to the US Embassy website and schedule your interview date. You will need to pay the $325.00 to the Russian Standard Bank online and wait (3 hours to 24 hours) for this information to be obtained by the US Embassy website and then input the receipt number from your payment, this allows you to schedule the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Russia&cty=Moscow

I'm not real sure what you did but I have a feeling that it is not the proper way to schedule your interview and pay the fee. You may want to get on the phone with the Embassy.

Your beginning to ask questions of others who are trying to wrap their arms around their Embassy requirements. I recommend that you go to the sub-forum for your country. The link is here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-belarus/. This is where you can ask others who like yourself are processing through Russia and many are very knowledgeable. Good luck.

Thank you. I forgot that I have a russian fellow,that I can ask that question. It's all different and I'm sure we did everything correct paying through ustraveldocs website. I'll clarify that of course. Thank you for paying attention at my post and question. I appreciate your time and help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Greenbaum someone I knew had her vaccines today and told me they gave her the flu shot already. Called SLEC and was told their flu vaccines just arrived yesterday so I will just go back after my interview on wednesday. So yes, they now require the flu vaccine as early as now. :)

1 hour ago, jafll said:

@Greenbaum someone I knew had her vaccines today and told me they gave her the flu shot already. Called SLEC and was told their flu vaccines just arrived yesterday so I will just go back after my interview on wednesday. So yes, they now require the flu vaccine as early as now. :)

Vaccinations are not REQUIRED for a K1 Visa.

They ARE required when you file for AOS when you apply in the US.

The Flu vaccine is only required for AOS IF you apply during flu season.

If you get your vaccines for your K1 during non flu season because you don't want to do it when you apply for AOS it is not an issue if you cannot get one.

Edited by K1visaHopeful
Sp

7 hours ago, Brittani said:

I checked CEAC tonight just out of curiosity not expecting anything and after 15 days our status finally changed from "in transit" to "READY"! That's such a huge relief and weight off my shoulders.:D

Yay!!! :D

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

9 hours ago, satoshi said:

Actually they're saying something interesting. They said it's almost ready to be sent to the embassy and currently under additional processing for "quality control". So I asked what that is and the lady said it's just that they're making sure every information filled into the system is correctly put. (it's electronic case)

Well it's been quite time to get to this (almost) final step, so I'd hope any good news soon.

Did they tell you how long this step can take?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.