TBoneTX

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC [Part II]

983 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Andreypa said:

Look,I' not here to prove anything.i'm digging for the information sources. It is always good to have few and I already have quite a lot. Your guesses also aren't based on anything are they? They are just guesses as you are trying to play the guessing game of what if?

I'm not either but the link I provided and the other poster provided is not a guess. It's factual info. 

My problem is this: Ppl read this forum and only read one post and follow it like it's law. They don't do their own research.

I would feel horrible if I posted in here and it wasn't the correct procedure and somebody else followed my lead and got denied because of it. Would you not?

14 hours ago, Kswtangel said:

Thanks so much!  After months and months of waiting, I can’t believe it’s finally happening. :wub:

I’ll be crossing all fingers and toes for you guys but seriously, it’s the the wait that’s the worst part.  I know it’s easier said than done, especially speaking in hindsight, but don’t let yourselves stress over it too much.  Girl, my nerves were absolutely frazzled and my poor honey had to deal with my rollercoaster emotions because of it.  Lol  After the initial tears of joy at the Embassy, I was nearly reduced to tears again as I apologised and begged forgiveness from my sweet, understanding, and incredibly patient fiancé for having to put up with me during these past few weeks.  He’s the calm and sensible manly type while I’m the girly, sensitive, emotional mess that legit ugly cries everytime Bambi’s mom dies in the movie.  Yes, that’s me.  God help him.  :rofl:

I am very sensitive and emotional too. I cry all the time might as well call me cry baby lmao. I can find a stress over nothing. I hate it lol and my fiance is the same as your fiance. He's sensible and the calm in the storm.

10 hours ago, Andreypa said:

Hello, fellows!

Does anybody know or had a problem submitting DS160. Neither I,or my fiancee could do this. SIGN AND SUBMIT is just greyed out for some reason. Does it mean,we would have to start over. It was working just fine just few days ago. What happened all of the sudden?

ADDED: Nevermind I just solved it!!!

You know that the sharing of information and the gratitude that's expressed is priceless. When you take to the pages of VJ and express yourself that you need help and then solve the problem but don't share how you were able to solve it is an injustice to us members. Please share with the community. The phrase nevermind should never be uttered. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Annalica said:

Anyone with a NOA2 approval on the 30th April still waiting for their case number? Called NVC and they said they haven't received our case yet :( 

NOA2 April 30 here. I got my NVC Number on the 17 of May. 4 days later days my status was ready. Most people get their NVC number in around 20 days. But I guess every case is different. Start calling every other day and asking nicely if the have receive your case yet. Maybe call after 6 pm. It should be soon you will receive yours :D

I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you ❤️

6A198021-A7C3-405C-A1FD-28C831D642CC.png

9 hours ago, Andreypa said:

No. It's not necessary. I just read in some links,that petitioners did it and some of them are finished with whole K1 process already, so I assume there was no problem whatsoever.

Also call center for the Embassy told my fiance,that petitioner can do it on his end. Same information was confirmed from the attorneys office. 

Then....why did you ask the question if your numerous experts shared there uninformed opinion. 

Other people can assist you with your visa application. Note that under U.S. law (22 C.F.R. 41.103) you must electronically sign and submit your own application unless you qualify for an exemption. Even if someone else helped you complete the application, you (the applicant) must click the “Sign Application” button, or your application may not be accepted. 

From <https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/> 

Let's take this a step further. Looking at the regulatory language on the requirements for the new electronic forms, there is no explicit language that says applicant must hit the button. It says applicant must make an electronic application and applicant must swear to the contents of the application.  Both of these requirements are satisfied because an electronic application is made and the applicant swears to the application at the interview and as it requires.  

Therefore, it seems that there is some protection from the regulation on what some consular officers suggest you do or that lawyers can do.  However, beware of 41.103(b)(3) which states that by clicking the "sign application" button the form is signed and certified.  Therefore not everyone agrees (including the lawyers you used as an example) with this interpretation above.  

Some very well respected attorneys take the position that the attorney's act of clicking the button is essentially the attorney making the attestation on behalf of the client.  In essence, the latter position is that by clicking the button both purposes of the regulation (making the application and attesting to its truthfulness) are accomplished in the single act of clicking the submit button. 

This leads to some ethical concerns so I wouldn’t take the above analysis to the proverbial bank.  

Thinking back to the days of the paper DS-156 (before your time but I can and do recall), would it be ok for an attorney to sign the form for the client?

The answer would be no.  Since the DS-160 is essentially an electronic version of the DS-156 the same argument goes for that.  In the same fashion, if both the making of the application and its attestation are encompassed in the one act of clicking the "sign application" button as explained above, the attorney would be essentially making the attestation for the client which the regulation does not provide for. 

Let's take the case where the petionar fills out the DS-160 for the beneficiary and proceeds to electronically sign the DS-160. The beneficiary has her interview whereupon she raises her hand and swears to tell the truth. Upon review, their is a descripency with what was previously submitted and the CO ask who completed your DS-160? I think you see where I'm going with this.

Why not complete the document together. Once completed save the doc and let her open it and review the document for errors. Once you both are convinced that is complete let her electronically sign and submit.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

8 hours ago, Andreypa said:

I am very nervous too, as I have very mixed thoughts and my fiancee was by the computer today,but stupid mistake such as missing information in DS160 (state and zip code) as I found out later turned to delay our process of submitting the form. Later when I told her,that I went individually through all steps in application and corrected the issue - she stepped out of the place where she was able to submit and print it. Right away she phoned Moscow Embassy,and they confirmed that a fiance (petitioner) can submit the form. So that is what we finally did. Than I told my fiancee that I am still nervous, I called lawyers office - let them know (they confirmed it's fine) and fiancee once again called Embassy and they confirmed it one more time. And like I mentioned earlier all calls are recorded and staff at Embassy should be knowledgeable about it.

I'm confused to the point having a strong headache :(

I have concerns that the lawyer would advise their client to do something that is unethical. A CO at the Embassy should understand the law as written and adhered to it. They can't make law nor should the be advising someone to basically disobey a law/regulation. That's like police officer telling that's ok to drive 100 mph through a school zone. That's ludicrous.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, ChuAni said:

Ooh! You should try to submit an Inquiry to them.

7 hours ago, Sunrise3 said:

Oh ok. Because now I am reading everything I can about NVC process as it has been already 3 weeks from the day I received # from them but the status still tells "at NVC"

Hey guys. She is still within the normal window of processing. Her timeline is no different then anyone else that's been in this thread. More patience is needed. What another couples timeline is does not qualify you to have the same. Each of our backgrounds and our country's reputation are different for each of us.

Trust the process.:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I have concerns that the lawyer would advise their client to do something that is unethical. A CO at the Embassy should understand the law as written and adhered to it. They can't make law nor should the be advising someone to basically disobey a law/regulation. That's like police officer telling that's ok to drive 100 mph through a school zone. That's ludicrous.

Greenbaum,thank you for all your answers and for the help to community! I won't make any arguments or continue debates. This would lead to more stress and really unneeded emotions. I totally understand your point and respect it. I will weight it all on the scales and make a right decision for me. At the end, I still have an option to submit new form? Our interview is not scheduled yet and we just made a fee payment yesterday,so waiting for Embassy to approve request for the interview. Are we still good at this stage to make any corrections,such as new form and submit it once again the right way?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Kswtangel said:

Thanks so much!  After months and months of waiting, I can’t believe it’s finally happening. :wub:

I’ll be crossing all fingers and toes for you guys but seriously, it’s the the wait that’s the worst part.  I know it’s easier said than done, especially speaking in hindsight, but don’t let yourselves stress over it too much.  Girl, my nerves were absolutely frazzled and my poor honey had to deal with my rollercoaster emotions because of it.  Lol  After the initial tears of joy at the Embassy, I was nearly reduced to tears again as I apologised and begged forgiveness from my sweet, understanding, and incredibly patient fiancé for having to put up with me during these past few weeks.  He’s the calm and sensible manly type while I’m the girly, sensitive, emotional mess that legit ugly cries everytime Bambi’s mom dies in the movie.  Yes, that’s me.  God help him.  :rofl:

oohhh gosh!! you got me in that Bambi movie ... lol

Congratulations!!!

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

27 minutes ago, Andreypa said:

Greenbaum,thank you for all your answers and for the help to community! I won't make any arguments or continue debates. This would lead to more stress and really unneeded emotions. I totally understand your point and respect it. I will weight it all on the scales and make a right decision for me. At the end, I still have an option to submit new form? Our interview is not scheduled yet and we just made a fee payment yesterday,so waiting for Embassy to approve request for the interview. Are we still good at this stage to make any corrections,such as new form and submit it once again the right way?

Yes you can create a new DS-160 and submit, print your confirmation and present it at your interview. No harm done. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, BnK said:

oohhh gosh!! you got me in that Bambi movie ... lol

Congratulations!!!

Haha, thanks! :)

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Question !

on CEAC- when I check my status it said READY

underneath it there will be Nr. FRN 2018 xxxxxxx 01 FRN. does this 01 mean anything ? My friend has 01 02 03

another question, why did the date update ?

Case created 10 May

Case Last updated 24 May 2018. but my case status changed as READY back in 22 May ?

so does case READY mean not 100 % Ready as it still updating ?

anyone ? I am so confused

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Just now, Christy&J said:

Question !

underneath it there will be Nr. FRN 2018 xxxxxxx 01 FRN. does this 01 mean anything ? My friend has 01 02 03

Case created 10 May

Case Last updated 24 May 2018. but my case status changed as READY back in 22 May ?

I can’t speak for the date change but the number at the end represents the number of applicants.  The beneficiary is 01 and any dependents (children spouse, etc) will be listed as 02, 03 etc. 

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

Question !

Case created 10 May

the 02 to nn is for the derivatives or K2

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.