TBoneTX

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC [Part II]

983 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tpienkowski said:

Has anyone from the UK had an interview yet? I’m under the impression it takes 7-10 days to get your passport back after the interview & just wanted to see if anyone had already gone through this 

I think @Thelucybelle said theirs came back in about 10 days with a holiday in between.  My fiancé just had his interview yesterday and the CEAC status is currently Administrative Processing.  After the interview, he was told he’d get his passport back in 1 to 2 weeks so we’ll see!  

(L) András & Krystal (L) 

NOA 1: 08/23/2017
RFE Sent
:bonk:: 02/28/2018
RFE response recv’d by USCIS: 03/15/2018
NOA 2
:dancing:: 04/03/2018 (223 looooooong days)
NVC Received: 04/25/2018 (Electronic case)
NVC Case # Received: 04/26/2018 
NVC left:
04/27/2018
Received at London Embassy: 05/02/2018
Medical at Knightsbridge: 05/03/2018 (Originally 5/12 but got sooner date due to a cancellation)
Interview: 05/22/2018  APPROVED!!

Visa in hand: 05/31/2018
Fiance's POE : 06/11/2018  He’s HOME!!  
:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kswtangel said:

I think @Thelucybelle said theirs came back in about 10 days with a holiday in between.  My fiancé just had his interview yesterday and the CEAC status is currently Administrative Processing.  After the interview, he was told he’d get his passport back in 1 to 2 weeks so we’ll see!  

Yup it was 10 days @Tpienkowski  Interview on 3rd, notification passed to courier on 11th and delivered on the 14th.  But that was actually the 6th working day as 2 weekends and a bank holiday!

Edited by Thelucybelle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Kswtangel said:

9 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

Yup it was 10 days @Tpienkowski  Interview on 3rd, notification passed to courier on 11th and delivered on the 14th.  But that was actually the 6th working day as 2 weekends and a bank holiday!

Okay, great. We want to buy my fiancé’s plane ticket for July 12/13th and his interview is on June 29th so I’m just making sure that’s a reasonable timeline 

58 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

Okay, great. We want to buy my fiancé’s plane ticket for July 12/13th and his interview is on June 29th so I’m just making sure that’s a reasonable timeline 

Every Embassy states the following:

Do not finalize arrangements for travel to the United States, dispose of property, or resign from your job until a visa has been issued and delivered to you. Generally, a single-entry fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa is valid for six months from the date of issuance, unless its validity is limited by medical or other restrictions.

It has been my experience that things can go wrong at the interview or after causing delays. Hence you may want to rethink your strategy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Every Embassy states the following:

Do not finalize arrangements for travel to the United States, dispose of property, or resign from your job until a visa has been issued and delivered to you. Generally, a single-entry fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa is valid for six months from the date of issuance, unless its validity is limited by medical or other restrictions.

It has been my experience that things can go wrong at the interview or after causing delays. Hence you may want to rethink your strategy.

I’m aware of this, however, we are purchasing travel insurance with our ticket Incase of mishaps, but buying a last minute ticket is not worth the money. I’ve known people who have gone this route with no issue but thanks for the concern 

4 minutes ago, Tpienkowski said:

I’m aware of this, however, we are purchasing travel insurance with our ticket Incase of mishaps, but buying a last minute ticket is not worth the money. I’ve known people who have gone this route with no issue but thanks for the concern 

That's a bit of information that I was not aware. Thank you for your enlightened response. Good luck with your interview and safe travels. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

10 hours ago, Kswtangel said:

Thanks so much.  😁 I wouldn’t worry too much about CEAC still saying in-transit, especially since London is all digital. Plus you guys still have a few more weeks for it to change. It’ll be a relief once your fiancé gets the medical done and then trust me, this process totally flies by after that!  Medical was really laid back and easy.  Everyone was really friendly and the doctor was chatty, just kept asking my fiancé questions like where he’s going, where he’ll live, what he’ll do, stuff like that. Even with that, the whole time he spent with the actual examining doctor was less than 10 minutes. The majority of time is spent in the waiting room waiting for the nurse and tech to go over immunisation records and to do the x-ray.  Honestly, we walked out of both the medical AND the interview thinking, that was easy!  Lol

I’m flying home on the 5th of June!  My fiancé is staying behind to finish up some stuff with our flat and such but we’re looking for him to fly out the following week.  So exciting!!  I keep texting him at work at random times whenever I remember, “Babe. WE’RE APPROVED!”  :lol: 

Good luck to you you guys but honestly, the hardest part of this whole process has been the waiting!  We’re almost there though girl.  Woohoo!  :dance:

Yeah, we're so excited....it's killing him to not book a flight but I told him he has to wait until he has his passport JUST IN CASE.

2 minutes ago, Kswtangel said:

We were exactly the same with the flight but my fiancé did put his notice in at work a few weeks ago because he had to give 30 days notice.  It was risky move and one we were reeeally nervous about but thankfully it worked out ok!   :rolleyes:  We just booked his flight today and he’ll be flying in on the 11th which is less than a week after me!  Eeek, I can’t wait!  :D

I'm so excited for you guys and hopefully that will be us end of June/early July...fingers crossed.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

That's a bit of information that I was not aware. Thank you for your enlightened response. Good luck with your interview and safe travels. :thumbs:

Thanks ! Yeah most airlines offer travel insurance for full cancellations up to 48 hours before the flight :) 

Timeline

Question: Alex has filled out the DS160 and submitted it, has booked his medical, and has filled out the ready form.  

In an earlier post, someone put that we then have to wait for the CEAC status to change to "in-transit" - does that mean it goes back to in-transit from ready? Because it shows as ready right now.

Timeline
1 hour ago, LydiaP said:

Question: Alex has filled out the DS160 and submitted it, has booked his medical, and has filled out the ready form.  

In an earlier post, someone put that we then have to wait for the CEAC status to change to "in-transit" - does that mean it goes back to in-transit from ready? Because it shows as ready right now.

No, once it’s easy it’ll stay like that because “In transit” is just saying it’s on the way to your embassy. Once ready, it has reached your embassy 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I feel like NVC is sending out to the embassy in some sort of bulk. When I see timelines here via search, it seems like I can see a slight bit of pattern of when the cases leave NVC.

Anywho, that's just another rambling. NVC lady today again said the same thing; it's just waiting to be sent, everything's filed into the system and it all depends on how quickly they send out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello!

Can someone please explain me one thing. I'm getting a bit confused.

What is the difference paying visa fee on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/, like me and my fiancee just did and the CEAC website where you fill out DS160 and also pay visa fee. I never got to use Invoice# that NVC gave me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Actually they're saying something interesting. They said it's almost ready to be sent to the embassy and currently under additional processing for "quality control". So I asked what that is and the lady said it's just that they're making sure every information filled into the system is correctly put. (it's electronic case)

Well it's been quite time to get to this (almost) final step, so I'd hope any good news soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.