TBoneTX

April 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC [Part II]

983 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

It does and it doesn't. In the past files pretty much left NVC rather quickly say 2-3 days after the case number was assigned. Now we are seeing sometimes 2-4 weeks. You can submit your DS-160 as it has no baring on anything other than it needs to be completed before the interview which you have done. Paying the fee now is not a problem because there is no time limit to set your interview appt. I would hold off on scheduling your interview and medical till you know your file is in transit. This prevents you from causing any delay or cancellation. Gather all your documents for the interview in the meantime so you are ready when your file arrives at your Embassy.

Ok I was thinking of doing that because its still at NVC..  Even though the ladu told me to give them a few days to send it to the embassy since they do not keep em long at NVC. Well I am on my track! Thank you so much for the help. I do not understand why there are people on here that has done the process and u ask them but they do not help.. I find it selfish mean rude but hey luckily I have came across amazing people on here such as yourself.

I am pretty much prepped:

Affidavit

Police certificate

Id

Birth certificate

Passport

Ds160 conf

Evidence

2 pics

Pending:

Medical

Vaccinations

Vac appt

Embassy appt

Cha chingggg i am kool now hopefully all goes well... I had my marriage date for aug 4 but i am afraid to push it back..

2 hours ago, D & JL said:

Ok I was thinking of doing that because its still at NVC..  Even though the ladu told me to give them a few days to send it to the embassy since they do not keep em long at NVC. Well I am on my track! Thank you so much for the help. I do not understand why there are people on here that has done the process and u ask them but they do not help.. I find it selfish mean rude but hey luckily I have came across amazing people on here such as yourself.

I am pretty much prepped:

Affidavit

Police certificate

Id

Birth certificate

Passport

Ds160 conf

Evidence

2 pics

Pending:

Medical

Vaccinations

Vac appt

Embassy appt

Cha chingggg i am kool now hopefully all goes well... I had my marriage date for aug 4 but i am afraid to push it back..

I'm grateful for all the help I have received on here too. 

An opposing thought is that sometimes ppl do have many things going on with their life

Yes they have been through this process before but they have long been finished it and are on to new immigration struggles (planning an instant wedding, AOS, renewing EAD's, Greencard interviews).

I strongly believe in doing whatever you can to help yourself. 

1) Update your timeline and profile so your questions can be answered by ppl from your country. Even the "experts" may not know the answer to a question that is specific to your embassy but you could probably bet that someone from your country might be able to answer it or know where to find the info you are looking for.

2) Use the search bar above to search for things you dont know before asking. That's how many of us have learned things when we were "stuck" and no one had a valid answer for us in here.

3) Follow this thread (at the bottom of this page, click the blue banner) so you will get info on topics from ppl who are going through the same things as you up to the moment. Many questions are literally, posed, answered fully by someone who donates their time and expertise and then asked again within a few hours because the poster did not bother to look through the thread for a few pages to see what is going on with current co-filers.

Its disheartening to hear that anyone could be considered rude or selfish for offering their time, knowledge and effort. I hope you will reevaluate what the term "selfish" means.

4 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I'm grateful for all the help I have received on here too. 

An opposing thought is that sometimes ppl do have many things going on with their life

Yes they have been through this process before but they have long been finished it and are on to new immigration struggles (planning an instant wedding, AOS, renewing EAD's, Greencard interviews).

I strongly believe in doing whatever you can to help yourself. 

1) Update your timeline and profile so your questions can be answered by ppl from your country. Even the "experts" may not know the answer to a question that is specific to your embassy but you could probably bet that someone from your country might be able to answer it or know where to find the info you are looking for.

2) Use the search bar above to search for things you dont know before asking. That's how many of us have learned things when we were "stuck" and no one had a valid answer for us in here.

3) Follow this thread (at the bottom of this page, click the blue banner) so you will get info on topics from ppl who are going through the same things as you up to the moment. Many questions are literally, posed, answered fully by someone who donates their time and expertise and then asked again within a few hours because the poster did not bother to look through the thread for a few pages to see what is going on with current co-filers.

Its disheartening to hear that anyone could be considered rude or selfish for offering their time, knowledge and effort. I hope you will reevaluate what the term "selfish" means.

I do not need to reevaluate anything I write. It is my opinion and just like I respect others on here mines need to be respected. And yes I use those terms because if anyone is to message me in regards to anything with the process I would kindly respond. Not once did I mention that no one has anything to do. Clearly many of us are busy, but if you become a member to a site it is also lovely to share set backs, help, and milestones.

So, thank you for your opinion but I never said of someone that helps is being selfish .. before you go writing your opinion read carefully the post. 

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning!

FYI:

Since my case took so long, vj timeline will not let me update my personal timeline. It says that from Noa1-Noa2 max 6-8months. I have been a year on all the process.

Noa1- 06/14/2017

RFE 01/11/2018

RFE Received 01/25/2018

Noa2 04/19/2018

NVC received 06/22/2018

NVC Case # 06/25/2018

It took USCIS 10 wks to send my petition to NVC. And it was beacuse I kept on top of it. Usually its a 6 wks timeframe but every case is diff. Good luck to everyone on their process! 😘

54 minutes ago, jean baptiste said:

let's be happy because i made it through Newark on the 26. was sweet and fast there and yesterday i made it home sweet home and with love sweet love

I am beyond happy! Congratulations.. 🤗🎉 I am just responding to a post someone made in regards to something I posted. I guess they did not take the time to read carefully. But life goes on so glad you made your POE successfully good luck on the rest enjoy wish you nothing but the best on your journey. Be blessed 😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 hours ago, D & JL said:

I am beyond happy! Congratulations.. 🤗🎉 I am just responding to a post someone made in regards to something I posted. I guess they did not take the time to read carefully. But life goes on so glad you made your POE successfully good luck on the rest enjoy wish you nothing but the best on your journey. Be blessed 😊

If you look through the history of this thread, "that person" always has an opinion even if not asked. 

12 minutes ago, DPP123 said:

If you look through the history of this thread, "that person" always has an opinion even if not asked. 

And you are always the only one to call me out on it everytime. If you read his post he called Naes rude and selfish for not answering his questions. Leave it alone. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Glad to see we can still muster up the emotional energy for a good internet argument even this far along in the process. Takes me back to the good old 6 month wait for NOA2 days.

On 6/28/2018 at 5:08 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

And you are always the only one to call me out on it everytime. If you read his post he called Naes rude and selfish for not answering his questions. Leave it alone. 

LET ME MAKE MYSELF CLEAR.. I NVR MENTIONED NAMES BECAUSE THE PERSON IS NOT ACTIVE ON THE FORUMS. I EMAILED THE MEMBER BCUZ THEY ALREADY DID THEIR PROCESS FOR THE COUNTRY I AM ALSO DOING AND I AM A FEMALE TY ..

SO BEFORE U GO TYPING NAMES MAKE SURE THAT ON MY POST I REFERENCED MYSELF TO THEM WHICH I DO NOT.. MIND UR BUSINESS TY

DO NOT ASSUME BCUZ U WILL MAKE AN ### OUT OF YOURSELF...  

READ AGAIN GRAB SOME EYEGLASSES IF YOU WILL!

Screenshot_20180701-011118_Chrome.jpg

Is there another thread where we can continue seeking advise from one another after port of entry? The support from everyone has been irreplaceable!

My current concern lies with the timeframe of Adjustment of Status. The K-1 visa is approved for 6 months, after POE and marriage then applying for Adjustment of status — if getting approved for AOS takes more than 6 months would we be considered out of status as we are waiting?

Edited by tampa83

4 hours ago, tampa83 said:

Is there another thread where we can continue seeking advise from one another after port of entry? The support from everyone has been irreplaceable!

My current concern lies with the timeframe of Adjustment of Status. The K-1 visa is approved for 6 months, after POE and marriage then applying for Adjustment of status — if getting approved for AOS takes more than 6 months would we be considered out of status as we are waiting?

Every step of the way there is a procedure that when put in place you'll not be out of status. Once you land on US soil at your POE, your visa is now canceled as it is only good for a single entry. Immigration will stamp your passport with what is referred to as the I-551 stamp allowing you to remain in the US while your AOS petition is being adjudicated but you are STILL obligated to file your AOS package within the 90 day landing period. If you feel you will surpass that anniversary date then create an Infopass appointment and have it extended. As long as you have submitted your AOS package, there is no need to be concerned with out of status.

Did you happen to use the VJ blue ribbon with tabs at the top of the page to see if there is such a thread to answer your question? I did and this is what I found http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/131-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/  If you are looking for information, just look around and see if you can answer your own question(s). It will educate you on the offerings/tools to which you can use.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.