SAT

A Rant Thread named Desire

2,987 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I love military presses, you get a 45lb bar with 45lbs on each side and I am good to go.

That's heavy. 

Even in the Marines, I did 50lb military presses...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SAT said:

Dye hair white to camouflage flakes, duh!

LOL that is why I used to have blond hair.

It is the reason that my hair is lighter than my natural super dark brown too.  

It doesn't help that my hair is super duper thick.

18 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

My gym rant is that I have to wake up at 4:15 to get to the gym at 5am, so I can work out for 75 minutes, and then drive 10-15 minutes to get on base to work. Yes, they have gyms closer to where I live but those are foo foo gyms and not hardcore gyms.

BTW that is just for my muscles and then I use the gym on base at lunch for Cardio.

That is commitment right there.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

38 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

My gym rant is that I have to wake up at 4:15 to get to the gym at 5am, so I can work out for 75 minutes, and then drive 10-15 minutes to get on base to work. Yes, they have gyms closer to where I live but those are foo foo gyms and not hardcore gyms.

BTW that is just for my muscles and then I use the gym on base at lunch for Cardio.

Why you work out so long? I'm there an hour.  4 things, times rests, one day and, next day calves.  But I don't cardio... I find cardio pointless unless its fasted and HIIT. But I hate cardio.  

Just realized on mon and Tues I'm there for 90 mins... because I cut out an arm day. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

16 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Why you work out so long? I'm there an hour.  4 things, times rests, one day and, next day calves.  But I don't cardio... I find cardio pointless unless its fasted and HIIT. But I hate cardio.  

Just realized on mon and Tues I'm there for 90 mins... because I cut out an arm day. 

Well it all depends on how I feel that day and what workout I am doing that day. Yesterday was primarily arm day so I did about an hour in there for good measure. I superset exercises, so basically I would do a set of 14 of curls and then 14 dips for example, I do 3-4 sets of 14. But it all depends on how I feel.
That is why I go to that gym because it is a lifting gym and not a foo foo Mommy gym. I tried to go to the gym on base and it was really hit or miss depending on the time. It also affected how good a workout I would get due to the crowding issue and having to wait for things to do, so I just choose to pay for gym to get a good pump. So that's why I just go there for a cardio workout during the day and my job allows us to take 1 hour paid for "Commander's Fitness" if our supervisor approves which mine allows us to do it everyday.

Edit. Note I am not Active Duty but I work on a base a Civilian.

Edited by cyberfx1024

34 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

That is commitment right there.

I used to go 6 days a week when I lived in California and my gym was literally 2 miles away.

53 minutes ago, SAT said:

That's heavy. 

Even in the Marines, I did 50lb military presses...

Marine here as well. When did you serve and with what unit?

I use to go heavier but I messed up my shoulder last year trying to workout with my buddy. So now I am comfortable with that weight.

Timeline

It went from like 50 to 90 in 2 days. 

And I don't mean acceleration. 

I mean temperature. 

The bass are in, the boat hasn't been started since last year. 

I have guests from out of town coming in. 

Remember when I went to Malaysia? 

And I said that my wife's immediate family ignored my kid? For fear of pissing off little Gump?

And so it was my wife's cousins and uncles that spoiled my kid instead? 

One of those uncles and his family are visiting. Repaying the favor...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The "kindness of strangers" line in Street Car is definitely a hit and miss thing. No doubt there have been times that strangers have totally saved my a$$. Other times they give you a look like if you say one more word to them then they're going to get out a tire iron.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Went to see the Avengers last night.

The little ones gave me heck for not taking them haha. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

I had 4 big fat greasy cheeseburgers I was so hungry for months...

47 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

Went to see the Avengers last night.

The little ones gave me heck for not taking them haha. 

Poor little hills gettin' treated like a stepchild...