APRIL 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,858 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Finally, We got Approved.

OLD Site updated Today.

NOA1=04/23/18 (OLD Site)

NOA2=10/30/2018 (OLD)

So Stoked... Good luck to all April Filers this is the week..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
1 minute ago, dhaubau86 said:

OLD Site updated Today.

NOA1=04/23/18 (OLD Site)

NOA2=10/30/2018 (OLD)

Congrats to you! 

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, Galaxia said:

You will want to get the notarized copy at your beneficiary's cartorio (city hall). It should be what they sometimes call a segunda via (copy), and should have  a seal and signature from the authority at that cartorio. Brazil will often amend the marriage certificate with any subsequent divorce(s). So, your beneficiary should ask for that document, and should have the seal/stamp and a signature placed on it. Once you've done that, the translation can be done. That's the official document they are wanting, I'd bet. This may help: 

My fiancée Is a little flustered, as they do not seem to have the final and definitive divorce documents that we have here in the states. Please review the attached documents and let me know if you think this is what they are looking for. All documents will be translated with a certificate from the company I am using for the translation. My RFE is for Proof of Legal Termination of Marriage.

1282_001.pdf

Edited by E & J 2018
accidentally posted before I was done

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Pbchief2 said:

Is it possible that the websites still showing  received has to do with why NVC hasn't received the file? Hardcopy in hand.

I don't think so. I've read that some took even past the NVC stage to update. I know for some people the website has been useful, but for me it has served no purpose. 

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
11 hours ago, yirkam said:

I sent only one letter of intent to marry and the copy of airplane tickets. 

Hi Everyone,

In the initial packet that I sent to the USCIS, I only sent one letter of intent, my fiancee's (beneficiary).

But when I got the RFE about a week and half ago, they only asked for a divorce decree.  Should I be

worried?

Thank You and Best Wishes,

Chris

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
2 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You will need to produce two letters of intent to marry, one from the petitioner and the other from the beneficiary. Then make copies of everything from your treip to meet the beneficiary to include plane tickets, hotel receipts, receipts from entertainment venues and include about 12 photos of the two of you together with her family and venues that you visited while you were there. Make copies of everything you are returning and send via USPS with tracking or one of the other carriers of your choice but with tracking. Also, sign the RFE anywhere at the bottom. That should answer the RFE. Good luck.

And to answer your question that you haven't asked yet but I know you will it will take about 2-3 weeks before they adjudicated your case BUT we have seen longer so your mileage may very. 

Hi Greenbaum thank you for your response. Will I need to send two letters of intent to marry even though they are only asking for his? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, yirkam said:

Hi Greenbaum thank you for your response. Will I need to send two letters of intent to marry even though they are only asking for his? 

Hi yirkam,

Is your fiance the beneficiary?

Thanks,

Chris

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Pbchief2 said:

Is it possible that the websites still showing  received has to do with why NVC hasn't received the file? Hardcopy in hand.

39 minutes ago, Mozam said:

I don't think so. I've read that some took even past the NVC stage to update. I know for some people the website has been useful, but for me it has served no purpose. 

New site for me still shows to this day receveid I-129 February 7th

old site shows rfe received September 5th

We were approved September 26th

medical and interview already scheduled.

once u have noa2 hard copy in hand. Uscis means nothing until u file for Aos. That's a few months down the road. Plus, u will have a brand spanking new uscis number.

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

31 minutes ago, yirkam said:

You know, it's such a little item to produce I would go with two just in case. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

You know, it's such a little item to produce I would go with two just in case. :thumbs:

You are right! Thank you once again. 

48 minutes ago, CMH678 said:

Hi Everyone,

In the initial packet that I sent to the USCIS, I only sent one letter of intent, my fiancee's (beneficiary).

But when I got the RFE about a week and half ago, they only asked for a divorce decree.  Should I be

worried?

Thank You and Best Wishes,

Chris

Best advise is do what do will do. So they didn't ask for a letter of intent, I wouldn't send one. Just send the divorce decree and sign the RFE. Keep copies and send with tracking.

If you went on the premise that you should send what they don't ask for or what others are sending then you would just be repeating the entire I-129f. Not the best use of your time. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, dhaubau86 said:

OLD Site updated Today.

NOA1=04/23/18 (OLD Site)

NOA2=10/30/2018 (OLD)

Congratulations. Here is some information I have been able to gather for Nepal. It's not much but if you get a copy of the P3 letter can you send a copy to me. Just PM me and add it to your post. PDF's work the best. Thanks

Embassy Instructions

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/KDU - Kathmandu.pdf

The US Embassy Nepal web page

https://np.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Website where instructions can be accessed

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/np/np-iv-kvisa.asp

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Still nothing from my end for 4/25 and 4/30.
A question to all those approved - did your status change only before 12:00pm on every given day or was there anyone who had a change in status update after noon time EST?

Also - when i sent in the packet - we only sent in one letter with the intent to marry with both of our signatures - i have noticed some talk about having two separate letters for intent to marry? How did you all do it? Based on the given instructions and to not have redundancy - we only made one letter and had both of us sign it. She printed it out - signed it, then scanned it into a pdf and sent it to me, and then i printed that out and signed it and put it in with the packet. Would this be an issue as to why they are taking more time I am wondering......
All other aspects were filled out. I keep wondering what the hold up is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.