John951

APRIL 2018 I-129F FILERS

2,858 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Go online to Skout and look for their TOS (Terms of Service) and make a copy. Next send an email to Skout and explain to them what you are working with and that you would appreciate a letter that address this issue (see red highlights below) with USCIS:

Please be advised that section 4 (B) (ii) of IMBRA exempts dating 

companies whose principal business is not to provide dating services 

between US citizens and foreign nationals so long as it charges 

comparable rates and offers comparable services to all individuals 

regardless of gender or country of citizenship. Consequently our 

company is exempt as it falls within this exemption (as do many other 

large dating companies). 

Take the Skout letter and the Skout TOS along with a letter (see example of letter below) from you and send back with a copy of the RFE. Be sure to make a copy of everything you send back. Also, send it so you can track the package to USCIS. Both of you should sign the letter. You can send it to the other for signature as a pdf attached to an email. Print and signed and the scan and return for inclusion into your reply back to USCIS.

To whom it may concern:

I met my fiancé on Skout and to my knowledge and evidence by the enclosed letter, Skout is not an International Marriage Broker. There are no introductions or matchmaking services or social referrals between US Citizens and foreign nationals. There are no written consent forms or contracts that members are required to sign. Members search and communicate with others from their own free will.

My fiancée or I did not pay or signed a written consent authorizing the release of personal information. There were no introductions, both of us communicated with our own free will. I have enclosed a copy of the letter from Skout's stating that they are not a IMB company and they do now run their website as such.

I hope this gives you a better insight on the workings and our experience with Skout.

With best personal regards,

XXX and XXX

I hope I have been some help. Good luck as I think you will find that this will satisfy USCIS and approx. 2 weeks after receipt USCIS should approve your application.

Wow! Excellent explenation. I was doing the same so I am doing right. You gave me more clear panorama. My fiance just sent the email to Skout, the letter is done and I took some extracts the yours hehehe and I am reading now the TOS if I can find something about IMB and to send copies all that. We will send soon by express delivery. Again, thank you very much.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Is there a way to see online if the NVC has received our paperwork?  Mine just shows case approved on the web site and its been about a week.

04/17/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

04/19/18 - USCIS received package

04/24/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email)

04/24/18-   Check cashed

04/28/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

10/19/18 - NOA2

11/13/18 - Case at NVC

11/20/18   Case # Received

11/30/18 - Embassy Received Case

11/30/18 - Medical Appointment

12/10/18 - Interview Appointment

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

12/17/18 - Visa in Hand

12/19/18 - POE to USA

02/08/19- Wedding date  

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone.

We received out NOA2 on 10/16. I was wondering if I should wait for anything from the NVC, or if I should call and ask for a case number? I am struggling a little bit with what to do next. Do I just wait for my significant other to receive her packet in brazil? Or what can I do to expedite the process. I have my affidavit of support complete and all of my financial documentation from the past two-three years as well as my current paystubs. how can we speed this up?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
1 minute ago, PaulMonoque said:

Hey everyone.

We received out NOA2 on 10/16. I was wondering if I should wait for anything from the NVC, or if I should call and ask for a case number? I am struggling a little bit with what to do next. Do I just wait for my significant other to receive her packet in brazil? Or what can I do to expedite the process. I have my affidavit of support complete and all of my financial documentation from the past two-three years as well as my current paystubs. how can we speed this up?

It's a little early to call for a case number if your NOA2 date is 10/16. However, you can begin calling after 2 weeks to follow up on your case and see if it has been received at the NVC and get your case number. You can't really do much to expedite the process at this point. After you get your case number then you can begin filling out the DS160.

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Mozam said:

It's a little early to call for a case number if your NOA2 date is 10/16. However, you can begin calling after 2 weeks to follow up on your case and see if it has been received at the NVC and get your case number. You can't really do much to expedite the process at this point. After you get your case number then you can begin filling out the DS160.

Is there a way to check to see if NVC had it with out calling them?

04/17/18 - Sent I-129F Package to Texas Lockbox

04/19/18 - USCIS received package

04/24/18 - Notification of NOA1 (Text and Email)

04/24/18-   Check cashed

04/28/18 - Hard copy of NOA1

10/19/18 - NOA2

11/13/18 - Case at NVC

11/20/18   Case # Received

11/30/18 - Embassy Received Case

11/30/18 - Medical Appointment

12/10/18 - Interview Appointment

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

12/17/18 - Visa in Hand

12/19/18 - POE to USA

02/08/19- Wedding date  

event.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, scrapper026 said:

Not unless you wait for snail mail. 

Edited by Mozam

Timeline
3 minutes ago, scrapper026 said:

You can join us over at this thread to pass the time. If you haven't join already. 

Edited by Mozam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Met with my Attorney today. He was also sent my RFE as well. He wrote up an affidavit for me, notarized it, signed it and said it will be mailed off today. Of course, I did get a copy of it first before I left as well even if I did forget at first and had to drive back haha. Hopefully, that affidavit from the Attorney will suffice and appease the USCIS agent working on the case. 

29 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

Also, is RFE Reply(s) : in reference to when we mail it off or when they receive it?

When they update case as received. And they say they are working on the case again

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Great news, we received an RFE, here it is:

We received a Request for Evidence (RFE). They basically want a signed statement from your fiancé saying she will marry you within 90 days of her entry to the U.S. along with wedding preparation details. I have attached a very basic sample of it to this e-mail. Please send to Carmen so she may add all wedding details. Perhaps even discuss the recent trips you have made to see her. Also, please send us photos, trip itineraries and any wedding preparation proof. Let us know if you have any questions.

(please tell her we will need the original signature on her statement)

Please help us with a sample letter she can write and any other ideas.

Thanks April Family. 

15 minutes ago, john vaprezsan said:

Great news, we received an RFE, here it is:

We received a Request for Evidence (RFE). They basically want a signed statement from your fiancé saying she will marry you within 90 days of her entry to the U.S. along with wedding preparation details. I have attached a very basic sample of it to this e-mail. Please send to Carmen so she may add all wedding details. Perhaps even discuss the recent trips you have made to see her. Also, please send us photos, trip itineraries and any wedding preparation proof. Let us know if you have any questions.

(please tell her we will need the original signature on her statement)

Please help us with a sample letter she can write and any other ideas.

Thanks April Family. 

https://www.pdffiller.com/211609391-I-129F-Letter-of-Intent-to-Marrypdf-sample-letter-of-intent-to-marry-form-Various-Fillable-Forms

2 hours ago, scrapper026 said:

There are two ways to have your email added so you are updated when your record is "touched" which allows you to stay off the phone.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

1. The form requests a date, in the format "dd/Month/yyyy", which I assumed was "DD/MM/YYYY", eg. 28/08/1965.  What it's actually asking for is 28/August/1965, which you will see if you use the little calendar that pops up.

2. Add this information where needed

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 hours ago, PaulMonoque said:

Hey everyone.

Your asking the wrong people. Often wonder how someone from Germany, Norway or Philippines would know what to do for Brazil. So, I would like to share with you the P3 letter and suggestions of what to do next.

You should become familiar with your country's sub-forum here on VJ to get a better understanding of the process for the Embassy that you will be interviewing with. This will allow you to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to take at the US Embassy - Brazil.  Sub-forum for Brazil is located here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

This is the Packet 3 (P3) letter from your Embassy.

https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee/the-interview-2/

There is a lot of information on the Embassy for Brazil here https://br.usembassy.gov/visas/frequently-asked-questions-non-immigrant-visas/

A thread were a lot of chatter about the process for the Brazil Embassy and interview

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679652-nvc-to-interview-in-rio-brazil/?page=10

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.