Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

For those who have gone to the interview already,  did/does the Rio embassy specifically ask for a new intent to marry letter?

Im asking because I read over the instructions on the embassy site and nowhere did it ask for that. It asks for proof of relationship and that the relationship has been ongoing after filing the petition and also before.

P.s. My fiancee will be going to the interview with me, I hope that goes a long lol I've heard that it does.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

For those who have gone to the interview already,  did/does the Rio embassy specifically ask for a new intent to marry letter?

Im asking because I read over the instructions on the embassy site and nowhere did it ask for that. It asks for proof of relationship and that the relationship has been ongoing after filing the petition and also before.

P.s. My fiancee will be going to the interview with me, I hope that goes a long lol I've heard that it does.

Hello!

They did not ask for a letter of intent to marry. In fact, they did not ask to see proof of relationship either - they go by what you sent in the petition.

You will hand in the documents they ask for - birth and marriage certificates, photos, the signed paper available in the website showing you are able to get married, police certificates, affidavit of support and copy of document showing sponsor is USC.

To be honest, when I had my interview most people I talked to had not gone in with their fiancé and all of them got approved within 5 mins or so. The people at the Consulate are pretty chill if your petition was solid.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/28/2018 at 9:03 AM, Nat&Amy said:

Hi there!

I just got out of the Consulate one hour ago. Interview went well, they are really organized and polite. Both the officer that helps you organize all the paperwork and the one taking your fingerprints were extremely friendly and made me feel very much at ease.

Then the consul started calling people for the interview, and there was another officer interviewing as well - she was also very friendly and it all went very fast.

Curious fact, though, is that when you give them the documents they do not ask for evidence of relationship. They do refer to the original petition - in my case, even though I volunteered to show more pictures of trips taken together, she only looked at the ones I had sent with the petition.

Now the wait for the visa begins! :)

Keep those photos and proofs handy....you will need everything for your adjustment of status. With that AOS going and for your GC interview you will need way more evidence. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

9 minutes ago, T_P said:

Keep those photos and proofs handy....you will need everything for your adjustment of status. With that AOS going and for your GC interview you will need way more evidence. 

Not needed for aos, there’s no requirement for those. It can be sent, yes, but for aos they want proof after marriage.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
26 minutes ago, p-ana said:

Not needed for aos, there’s no requirement for those. It can be sent, yes, but for aos they want proof after marriage.

You are 110% right .... I guess I just didn't say that then.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
On 9/4/2018 at 8:44 AM, angelo_brianna said:

We got approved this morning. The interview was very easy and lasted less than 5 minutes.

Just a heads up for those who are going to the interview, they were asking for documents that were not listed in their website or Package 3, like a copy of the US Citizen's passport or birth certificate. Luckily I had that with me from the i129f. 

Good luck to those still waiting.

Congrats! How many days before the interview did you get your medical?

Timeline
On 9/7/2018 at 7:06 PM, dcgood70462 said:

Congrats! How many days before the interview did you get your medical?

Thank you!

I had my medical on a wednesday, and my interview was tuesday, but i believe you can get your medical done 2 business days before the interview.

Timeline

For those of you who have gone to the interview or have already prepared the documents. What did you guys use as proof of ongoing relationship was filed. The last time we were together was in January which is when we filed the petition. So from January until now we dont have anymore pictures together. We only have Whatsapp logs and skype logs. So what do you guys think we can use as proof?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

For those of you who have gone to the interview or have already prepared the documents. What did you guys use as proof of ongoing relationship was filed. The last time we were together was in January which is when we filed the petition. So from January until now we dont have anymore pictures together. We only have Whatsapp logs and skype logs. So what do you guys think we can use as proof?

Hi there.

When you get to the Consulate, they will ask you to show a list of documents. Evidence of relationship is not listed - they refer to what you sent in the petition.

That being said, you might as well take your Skype/whatsapp logs just to be safe, as well as the originals of what you sent in the petition. Be aware, though, that they might not even look at them.

23 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

Hi there.

When you get to the Consulate, they will ask you to show a list of documents. Evidence of relationship is not listed - they refer to what you sent in the petition.

That being said, you might as well take your Skype/whatsapp logs just to be safe, as well as the originals of what you sent in the petition. Be aware, though, that they might not even look at them.

Agreed.

better to have something with you just in case but probably won’t even be looked at

On 8/28/2018 at 10:03 AM, Nat&Amy said:

Hi there!

I just got out of the Consulate one hour ago. Interview went well, they are really organized and polite. Both the officer that helps you organize all the paperwork and the one taking your fingerprints were extremely friendly and made me feel very much at ease.

Then the consul started calling people for the interview, and there was another officer interviewing as well - she was also very friendly and it all went very fast.

Curious fact, though, is that when you give them the documents they do not ask for evidence of relationship. They do refer to the original petition - in my case, even though I volunteered to show more pictures of trips taken together, she only looked at the ones I had sent with the petition.

Now the wait for the visa begins! :)

Congratulations! How long did it take to receive your passport with visa back? 

Timeline
16 hours ago, RickE said:

Congratulations! How long did it take to receive your passport with visa back? 

Thanks! :)

I chose to pick up the visa at the CASV so I went there last Monday (Sep 10).

I only got the email saying I should schedule an appointment to collect it on Sep 5 - that is, 6 business days after the interview, but there were applicants who got the email within 2-3 days. Pretty fast considering all the other stages of this process! XD 

Timeline
On 9/13/2018 at 2:33 PM, Nat&Amy said:

Hi there.

On 9/13/2018 at 2:58 PM, p-ana said:

Agreed.

better to have something with you just in case but probably won’t even be looked at

Thanks guys. I put together a little collage thingy of our skype logs, Whatsapp call (including the duration of some) and a few screenshots of what we talk about normally.

And already following up with more questions lol 

1 -  For those of you who know or who have scheduled the interview after august 28th, Do I use this (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/pt-br/iv) site to schedule the interview AND the biometrics?

2 - And regarding the biometrics. I live close to Belo Horizonte and that is where I will get my medical done. So I want to know if I can get the biometrics done in Belo and then the interview in Rio. Or must I get both the biometrics and interview all done in Rio.

P.S. Im trying to create an account already on the AIS website. Which of the following options should we choose?

image.png.6e1f6233723fe60d8dafc9a0a69e2b60.png

Edited by SilverMonk

2 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Thanks guys. I put together a little collage thingy of our skype logs, Whatsapp call (including the duration of some) and a few screenshots of what we talk about normally.

And already following up with more questions lol 

1 -  For those of you who know or who have scheduled the interview after august 28th, Do I use this (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/pt-br/iv) site to schedule the interview AND the biometrics?

2 - And regarding the biometrics. I live close to Belo Horizonte and that is where I will get my medical done. So I want to know if I can get the biometrics done in Belo and then the interview in Rio. Or must I get both the biometrics and interview all done in Rio.

P.S. Im trying to create an account already on the AIS website. Which of the following options should we choose?

image.png.6e1f6233723fe60d8dafc9a0a69e2b60.png

1- I’m not sure how it’s been done recently but I would say it should be scheduled at the same website.

2- same, not sure but it should be available to have the Biometrics at another asc 

you’re going for a k1, right? So I think you should check the second option

I had my medical with dr Juliana in Belo Horizonte and they were very nice and helpful.

good luck

Timeline
3 hours ago, p-ana said:

1- I’m not sure how it’s been done recently but I would say it should be scheduled at the same website.

2- same, not sure but it should be available to have the Biometrics at another asc

you’re going for a k1, right? So I think you should check the second option

I had my medical with dr Juliana in Belo Horizonte and they were very nice and helpful.

good luck

1 - It seems like the process changed after August 28th. So people who scheduled the interview that day now have to do the casv which wasn't required. I think someone is bound to know this lol

2 - I emailed the them but just wanted to do my due diligence before they answer. But I would think that it would not be a problem. Logistically it's better for people that live close to Belo. That way you only have to stay a day in Rio.

And yes I'm going for a k-1. I know it's not the first option or the fourth option. So I'm doubt about the second and third. Because I know the consulate will email me the instructions on what to do but I know it's nothing specific and doesn't inform how to proceed with that part.

Yeah that's who I'm going to get it done with. I heard that she wasn't too friendly lol guess that person didn't have a good experience. How long ago was your medical with her.

Thank you!

Edited by SilverMonk

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.