1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

@Marta Proniagina

how soon after your EAD notification did you get you biometrics appointment?

was it emailed to you?

Do you have the option of walking in to a closer city to get it done?

thank you

@AZSunshine78

Normally you will get hardcopy letter NOA1 of AOSEAD, AP a week after notification on email. And then, a week after NOA1 hardcopy, you will get another letter on mailbox for biometric appointment at USCIS local office.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
24 minutes ago, JloveN said:

@AZSunshine78

Normally you will get hardcopy letter NOA1 of AOSEAD, AP a week after notification on email. And then, a week after NOA1 hardcopy, you will get another letter on mailbox for biometric appointment at USCIS local office.  

Thanks so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone, I applied for my AOS and they received the package last Tuesday. I still didn't receive any notice and the check was not cashed yet, but I'll keep you guys posted too. Good luck to us all! :) 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, CamiBrad said:

Hi everyone, I applied for my AOS and they received the package last Tuesday. I still didn't receive any notice and the check was not cashed yet, but I'll keep you guys posted too. Good luck to us all! :) 

Welcome to Aos April 2018 filers @CamiBrad,

For the moment you just can wait and expect to get NOA1 in 10 days to 3 weeks. I got 3 notification on text and email (AOS, EAD and AP) after 11 days they received my package. If in 3 weeks you don't receive any notification, i think you can try to call USCIS. Good luck!

Sent my AOS/EAD/AP on March 30th and I have just received my 3 notifications (April 17th)

Is it just me or is the wait excruciating? Haha!

Im an emergancy advanced parole applicant so fingers crossed everything from here goes smooth. 

Good luck everyone! 

Edited by Lsthorpe1

Timeline

Posted our packet yesterday. Probably missed something as I read so much conflicting information my head was spinning but it's done now! Time to wait patiently again....

Hey all :) I have a Q regarding the affidavit of support. When we filed for K1 application my fiance had a job. Now he doesn't, and so applying for AOS we are using his dad as a joint sponsor. Do they both need to fill out a separate affidavit paper or just his dad? thank you!

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Cristina24 said:

Hey all :) I have a Q regarding the affidavit of support. When we filed for K1 application my fiance had a job. Now he doesn't, and so applying for AOS we are using his dad as a joint sponsor. Do they both need to fill out a separate affidavit paper or just his dad? thank you!

They will both need to fill out. Your fiance will always be your primary sponsor regardless of however he makes or doesn't. 

Timeline

Our package was received on April 10th and still no notification on our package. I called USCIS and I was told I have to wait exactly 10 days since they've received for them to do anything. :( 

2 hours ago, britishandusa said:

Our package was received on April 10th and still no notification on our package. I called USCIS and I was told I have to wait exactly 10 days since they've received for them to do anything. :( 

Yes, it's not easy and it's nice to get it straightaway... but some people have to wait up to 3 weeks, unfortunately...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Timeline
On 4/18/2018 at 9:59 AM, ambrella said:

Posted our packet yesterday. Probably missed something as I read so much conflicting information my head was spinning but it's done now! Time to wait patiently again....

Omg I felt the same way but just sent it out 2 days ago and glad that part is over-good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everybody. I’m new here! 

I arrived on my K1 visa on 3/25, we got married 4/14 and I’m now sitting in front of my paper work trying to fill it out :) 

i have a couple of questions and would HIGHLY appreciate you guys helping me out. 

First off, it’s my understanding that the A number is being issued to people with a green card, is that correct ?

they ask for the number on every form and it makes me nervous that I don’t have it. 

What is my current immigration status? 

I wrote “K1 visa holder, AOS applicant” 

form I-864 Part 1: .............I, am the sponsor submitting this affidavit of support because 

✖️I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative .

now, is that the answer I put my little check mark on? Whose name should I put in ther? My husbands (since he is sponsoring and providing for me) or mine (since I am the petitioner) ? 

Or does the US citizen has to fill out the form by himself ? 

What is a principal applicant ?

do I put all the applications in one envelope and send it?

last question, Bear with me guys. 

The travel authorization. It looks like they require you to set a date for proposed travel in order to to be allowed to travel. 

I don’t have a date that I want to leave the states, I just want to make sure in case of an family emergency back in Germany  I’m not trapped here. 

Do I just put a random date in there? Or just skip that part? 

Or should I just not fill the travel form out and just send the AOS Affidavit and work permit out? And if I do that, do I have to pay for the work permit application? 

I know when you submit everything all together you just pay biometrics and AOS

Sorry for these LONG questions. 

Id appreciate your help! Thank you!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh I just remembered one more question. 

I did get the medical done recently. So I don’t have to do that again. 

Do I submit any proof or anything regarding the medical? 

And where do I send ALL of this to? Chicago dropbox or local uscis office?

Thank you so much guys. 

Edited by Lana&Tyler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lana&Tyler said:

Oh I just remembered one more question. 

I did get the medical done recently. So I don’t have to do that again. 

Do I submit any proof or anything regarding the medical? 

And where do I send ALL of this to? Chicago dropbox or local uscis office?

Thank you so much guys. 

A# is provided in noa2....just look in your noa2

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.