1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys. I'm joining this thread now. I arrived with a K1 visa on March 1, got married March 18th. I sent my AOS, EAD, and AP application April 3 and got e-notification April 12. Haven't received the notification by mail yet.

Good luck everyone! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nightshadow said:

So I see they finally deposited the check yesterday, any idea how long after that we might get a notification? 

You should get an notification within the next couple days. I dont think it will be today or tomorrow (weekend) but for sure next week. 

2 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

UPDATE!!

checks were shown cashed today!!!

Does this mean no RFE’s?!!!!!

It does not mean that. It means they have accepted your case and will start processing it. You can still get RFEs.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, T_P said:

You should get an notification within the next couple days. I dont think it will be today or tomorrow (weekend) but for sure next week. 

It does not mean that. It means they have accepted your case and will start processing it. You can still get RFEs.

Thank you!

Fantastic! I am perfectly ok with RFE's as long as they get things moving along already!!! Arggghh!  So excited and my wife is too, she's been here over a year already and we've been waiting to travel outside the country and vacation. I can't wait until she gets her advance parole. I wonder how long it might be before that piece of it is in her hands? 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Alabamak1 said:

Hi:

I am a USC filing for K-1 for my fiance. We  have our interview in a few days. She will be around end of May in the USA if all goes ok. How long does it take to get EAD/AP and GC? Anything approximately.

Thanks you for any replies.

That is the 1 million dolar question. EAD/AP are taking anywhere from 3 to 6 months, while AOS Interview really depends on your local office. Be prepared, read other AOS groups. You will exercise your ability to wait. :D 

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Nightshadow said:

Fantastic! I am perfectly ok with RFE's as long as they get things moving along already!!! Arggghh!  So excited and my wife is too, she's been here over a year already and we've been waiting to travel outside the country and vacation. I can't wait until she gets her advance parole. I wonder how long it might be before that piece of it is in her hands? 

Good luck to you guys. Like I said EAD and AP varies. 

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, T_P said:

That is the 1 million dolar question. EAD/AP are taking anywhere from 3 to 6 months, while AOS Interview really depends on your local office. Be prepared, read other AOS groups. You will exercise your ability to wait. :D 

Thanks, my fiance has not gotten her interview yet.  Hope everything goes well and she can finally come over. I was just trying to find out how long will it be for her EAD/AP and GC estimated times

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Hey all :) I arrived on a k1 visa in March and our wedding will be on the 20th this month. (if all works out well)...My question is how long did it take for you to get your marriage cert before u applied for AOS^_^

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

Hey all :) I arrived on a k1 visa in March and our wedding will be on the 20th this month. (if all works out well)...My question is how long did it take for you to get your marriage cert before u applied for AOS^_^

Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I think it depends on the county, or city you're getting married in. 

I wasn't able to obtain my marriage certificate until 2 weeks after the wedding date. And I filed two weeks later that after obtaining all the necessary documents, and forms. 

Edited by Jr, Iris & Jay

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

Like another member said below it depends on your county. Some places are faster than others.

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

12 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

Better call your local county clerk and inquire about that. We received our marriage certificate immediately after our courthouse marriage.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/14/2018 at 10:19 AM, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

I was hoping to get a notification last night, but nothing yet :(

Fingers crossed for next week. 

Surprisingly, I received 3 text messages tonights with new receipt #'s for each petition. Now, for the AOS petition, it's listed as "Fingerprint fee was recieved" vs. "Case was received".

Anyone else who has received their NOA1s see the same on the USCIS site?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.