1,707 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

Surprisingly, I received 3 text messages tonights with new receipt #'s for each petition. Now, for the AOS petition, it's listed as "Fingerprint fee was recieved" vs. "Case was received".

Anyone else who has received their NOA1s see the same on the USCIS site?

Yes, mine says the same. I believe it's because the send the biometrics letter straight after. My NOA1 is the 5th of April and NOA for biometrics the 6th.

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Martella&T said:

Yes, mine says the same. I believe it's because the send the biometrics letter straight after. My NOA1 is the 5th of April and NOA for biometrics the 6th.

I guess you're right. I have the same dates and my biometrics are on April,26th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I am trying to find a I-765 form (employment authorization) that doesn't expire on 2-28-18 I've checked the USCIS website and VIsajourney. Any concerns I should have with just turning this one in?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
18 minutes ago, krissy002 said:

I am trying to find a I-765 form (employment authorization) that doesn't expire on 2-28-18 I've checked the USCIS website and VIsajourney. Any concerns I should have with just turning this one in?

I don't think there's anything you can do but use their latest official one. that's what we did. this is from the official i-765 website:

Edition Date 

07/17/17. A new edition of this form is coming soon. In the meantime, you may file using the 07/17/17 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions

anyway WE SENT IT TODAY. such a huge weight off our shoulders! organized as neatly as a japanese lunch box and re-checked everything a thousand times. not looking forward to the huge wait that comes now, but very looking forward to not needing to fill any more forms for some time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yay!  Today we got an email for the March 13th for 485 and April 30th for the 765.

not sure why two case numbers but meh..

just so very glad they’ve been transferred to the appropriate departments 

Timeline
On 4/15/2018 at 9:44 PM, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

Surprisingly, I received 3 text messages tonights with new receipt #'s for each petition. Now, for the AOS petition, it's listed as "Fingerprint fee was recieved" vs. "Case was received".

Anyone else who has received their NOA1s see the same on the USCIS site?

Us too, tonight but only for 485 and 765

aos and ead, I think

Timeline

We need to update our phone number to get text messages. 

We we were able to do this on USCIS during the K1 under the “typographical error” section but I do not know how to do it on the website for our AOS and EAD

Hi everyone  -  My hubby filing AOS this month to adjust from K1. :D  Happy to find this forum so I can see everyone’s progress.  I have looked through the prior month threads to get an idea of whether all K1s are getting interviewed given the new policy from Sept. that

employment-based AOS were to be interviewed. My impression from older timelines was that not all but most K1s were interviewed. Seems like Interviewing all employment plus K1s and others might slow down the process if before some were not getting interviews. Looked at Oct. filers (month after policy change) but are not necessarily at that point yet, so it is hard to tell if there is any change for K1, except of course that adding employment may slow the process. Looked also at timelines but not sure if some people simply didn’t put interview date on it.  Curious if anyone has any insight on that.  Hoping it doesn’t slow the process if they are adding all these interviews to queue!!!!!

Timeline
10 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Us too, tonight but only for 485 and 765

aos and ead, I think

Congratulations!. Now just waiting for the hardcopy and also biometric appointment letter next!. 

On 4/16/2018 at 7:11 AM, Marta Proniagina said:

I guess you're right. I have the same dates and my biometrics are on April,26th

@Marta Proniagina. I have the same date too. My biometric is on April 26th at 9 am. 

12 hours ago, Matiela said:

I don't think there's anything you can do but use their latest official one. that's what we did. this is from the official i-765 website:

anyway WE SENT IT TODAY. such a huge weight off our shoulders! organized as neatly as a japanese lunch box and re-checked everything a thousand times. not looking forward to the huge wait that comes now, but very looking forward to not needing to fill any more forms for some time.

Yeay!. Finally you sent it @Matiela. Expect the notification within 10 days to 3 weeks but hopefully you will get NOA1 soon!.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Lg2018 said:

Hi everyone  -  My hubby filing AOS this month to adjust from K1. :D  Happy to find this forum so I can see everyone’s progress.  I have looked through the prior month threads to get an idea of whether all K1s are getting interviewed given the new policy from Sept. that

employment-based AOS were to be interviewed. My impression from older timelines was that not all but most K1s were interviewed. Seems like Interviewing all employment plus K1s and others might slow down the process if before some were not getting interviews. Looked at Oct. filers (month after policy change) but are not necessarily at that point yet, so it is hard to tell if there is any change for K1, except of course that adding employment may slow the process. Looked also at timelines but not sure if some people simply didn’t put interview date on it.  Curious if anyone has any insight on that.  Hoping it doesn’t slow the process if they are adding all these interviews to queue!!!!!

Hello @Lg2018

Welcome to the AOS April filer!. I look at another filers too. But i don't want to compare it. I think everything is slowdown process at USCIS since few months ago and I don't know why?. Each case is different, some might get interviewed for AOS, some might not get interviewed but I believe even if we get it, it's just a simple interview like K1 interview to proof our relationship etc.

We have no choice but just deal with this process and be patient on waiting. I wish you luck!. 

14 minutes ago, JloveN said:

Hello @Lg2018

Welcome to the AOS April filer!. I look at another filers too. But i don't want to compare it. I think everything is slowdown process at USCIS since few months ago and I don't know why?. Each case is different, some might get interviewed for AOS, some might not get interviewed but I believe even if we get it, it's just a simple interview like K1 interview to proof our relationship etc.

We have no choice but just deal with this process and be patient on waiting. I wish you luck!. 

Thank you for the respose. If you think it has been slow for the past few months it could very well be due to the policy change that employment-based AOS now require interview. Suppose adding them to the interview queue could slow it down.  Like you say, not worried about interview.  Just would prefer if the process was not conjested with all employment-based people now requiring interviews. 🙂🙂🙂 good luck to you as well.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, JloveN said:

Congratulations!. Now just waiting for the hardcopy and also biometric appointment letter next!. 

@Marta Proniagina. I have the same date too. My biometric is on April 26th at 9 am. 

Yeay!. Finally you sent it @Matiela. Expect the notification within 10 days to 3 weeks but hopefully you will get NOA1 soon!.

@Marta Proniagina

how soon after your EAD notification did you get you biometrics appointment?

was it emailed to you?

Do you have the option of walking in to a closer city to get it done?

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Has anyone here had a very short timeline between POE, a legal marriage, and filing for AOS? Because the wait is quite long my fiance and I are planning on marrying a couple days after he arrives, and filing our AOS in the last week of April. I'm wondering if there are any challenges that wouldn't make that possible.

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, turkishdelight said:

Has anyone here had a very short timeline between POE, a legal marriage, and filing for AOS? Because the wait is quite long my fiance and I are planning on marrying a couple days after he arrives, and filing our AOS in the last week of April. I'm wondering if there are any challenges that wouldn't make that possible.

I consider my timeline fairly short. Landed in US August 4, marriage August 10 how does that sound? Everything in my timeline.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

1 hour ago, turkishdelight said:

Fiance and I married around 1 month after arrival, filing AOS a week after marriage.  That amount of time gave us chance to gather proof of relationship stuff eg, add to bank account, lease, change beneficiary to various things, etc. You need ssn to do some of that and that took 2 weeks to receive in mail. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.