1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lana&Tyler said:

Hello everybody. I’m new here! 

I arrived on my K1 visa on 3/25, we got married 4/14 and I’m now sitting in front of my paper work trying to fill it out :) 

i have a couple of questions and would HIGHLY appreciate you guys helping me out. 

First off, it’s my understanding that the A number is being issued to people with a green card, is that correct ?

they ask for the number on every form and it makes me nervous that I don’t have it. 

What is my current immigration status? 

I wrote “K1 visa holder, AOS applicant” 

form I-864 Part 1: .............I, am the sponsor submitting this affidavit of support because 

✖️I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of my relative .

now, is that the answer I put my little check mark on? Whose name should I put in ther? My husbands (since he is sponsoring and providing for me) or mine (since I am the petitioner) ? 

Or does the US citizen has to fill out the form by himself ? 

What is a principal applicant ?

do I put all the applications in one envelope and send it?

last question, Bear with me guys. 

The travel authorization. It looks like they require you to set a date for proposed travel in order to to be allowed to travel. 

I don’t have a date that I want to leave the states, I just want to make sure in case of an family emergency back in Germany  I’m not trapped here. 

Do I just put a random date in there? Or just skip that part? 

Or should I just not fill the travel form out and just send the AOS Affidavit and work permit out? And if I do that, do I have to pay for the work permit application? 

I know when you submit everything all together you just pay biometrics and AOS

Sorry for these LONG questions. 

Id appreciate your help! Thank you!! 

Does this help you for the 864 question?

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-864.pdf

For the date on the I-131 read this

"s a K1 entry you do not have to give a reason and date in the form, see the example form in the guides.
You either leave it blank where it is asked for travel date / reason or you write unknown. Travel date was filled in the

example form but it is totally acceptable to leave it blank."

Edited by George & Roth

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Received hard copy notices today, with my biometrics appointment set for May 4th.

Waiting for these bad boys....are torture! 

2 hours ago, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

Received hard copy notices today, with my biometrics appointment set for May 4th.

Same, May 4th - here in Illinois. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hiya, K1 May filer here. Been married for a week and ready to submit our AOS. Just gotta print everything out, so most likely will have it prepared and sent out on the upcoming Monday. :)

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our checks were cashed ($85 biometrics and $1,140 for AOS) and then today we got rejection notices stating we sent incorrect fees.

The I 131 rejection for travel document says on the USCIS website we must pay $135 form fee because he is classified as a “c” (K3 spouse, I’m assuming k3 because we are now married but we started with a k1 and got married than filed AOS, EAD. AP

The other rejection letter is the I 765 (ead) says we have no proof of I 485,  which we were notified was approved April 15th.

What?!

we submitted the correct fees, we do have an approved I 485 and now they want us to resubmit all entire applications and fees again?

Timeline

Form I -765

number 18 “status of last entry” is K1 Visa, correct?

number 19 “current immigration status” is supposed to be RK1, correct?

number 20 “eligibility category “ should be C9, correct?

where is this additional $135 fee coming from? I thought we only paid biometrics of $85

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

April 11,2018 sent out via FEDEX 

April 13,2018 it delivered 

April 20,2018 checks were cashed 

We haven’t got notification via email or text message yet, assuming that’s next. Long process that just started but I’m already losing my patience. Hope everyone’s process goes through nice and smooth! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

Same as me. Received the hardcopies today (April 20) and biometrics on May 4th which is our 6th year anniversary as a couple. Haha May the fourth be with us!

Timeline
5 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Form I -765

number 18 “status of last entry” is K1 Visa, correct?

number 19 “current immigration status” is supposed to be RK1, correct?

number 20 “eligibility category “ should be C9, correct?

where is this additional $135 fee coming from? I thought we only paid biometrics of $85

18 - K1

19 - K1

20 - C9

Those are the answers we used. 

Edited by George & Roth

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
5 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Our checks were cashed ($85 biometrics and $1,140 for AOS) and then today we got rejection notices stating we sent incorrect fees.

The I 131 rejection for travel document says on the USCIS website we must pay $135 form fee because he is classified as a “c” (K3 spouse, I’m assuming k3 because we are now married but we started with a k1 and got married than filed AOS, EAD. AP

The other rejection letter is the I 765 (ead) says we have no proof of I 485,  which we were notified was approved April 15th.

What?!

we submitted the correct fees, we do have an approved I 485 and now they want us to resubmit all entire applications and fees again?

According to the fee section you are an 80 year old refugee 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

Congrats on your long life. 80 is not bad!

You sent them all in the same envelope? 

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
15 hours ago, Nightshadow said:

Finally! We received our NOAs for the EAD, AP & AOS on Wednesday and Biometrics appt scheduled for 2 weeks from now. Fingers crossed the AP doesn't take as long as the timeline estimates. Would be great if she's got it before end of July.  :) Anyway, just excited to share. 

What fees did you pay?

only two correct, AOS and 85 for biometrics?

we were deniedon EAD because of incorrect fee that we still owe 135?

could you please pm me and help me with the specific questions I asked in my recent posts.

Thank you if you can.

Timeline
2 hours ago, George & Roth said:

According to the fee section you are an 80 year old refugee 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

Congrats on your long life. 80 is not bad!

You sent them all in the same envelope? 

There are two sections exactly the same but different age groups. 

We are 16-79, lol

the one above it says 14 to 15

my pictures won’t load:(

they always say too big big even though I crop them☹️😞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.