1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Martella&T said:

I was impatient back in February when we filed, only to find out after almost a month that we got rejected...

This time round it happened fast.
April 2, Monday noon USCIS received the petition
April 5, Thursday just before midnight, e-mail notifications, following day texts
April 10, Tuesday, hard copies in hand, NOA1 April 5
I even did not check the mail box on Monday...

Out of curiosity, did they cash your check prior to rejecting your petition?

was it a simple fix, one that could’ve been corrected with an RFE?

thank you

Timeline

March 28th filer but they still haven’t taken our payment?...

Has anyone had a payment taken and then gotten a rejection letter?

☹️

8 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hii. :)

Our payment got taken today. So that's a good sign! Just waiting on notification texts and emails. 

Glad your process so far has been fast. ☺☺ I think everyones case is different so it depends on who processes it and how slow or fast they work maybe? 

Great that they are already processing your payment! Only that little part of the process was fast ;-)  and only from the point of view of the second petition ;-) 

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

8 hours ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Out of curiosity, did they cash your check prior to rejecting your petition?

was it a simple fix, one that could’ve been corrected with an RFE?

thank you

They never cashed our check...
It took me a while to figure out what happened because the rejection was for AP and EAD - incorrect fees. But it turned out we never attached I-485!! We were in such a hurry and did not do the final check ;-). Don't think it happens very often!

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021

8 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

March 28th filer but they still haven’t taken our payment?...

Has anyone had a payment taken and then gotten a rejection letter?

☹️

It's been 2 weeks. I would be getting worried after 3 if nothing happens. It really is not predictable how it happens. USCIS gives itself 30 days to respond.

Timeline
On 4/9/2018 at 9:54 PM, ChristaandJosh said:

Hey. Thankful for this thread! 

Came on a k1 visa. We mailed ours 29th March  and it arrived 30th March to Chicago. We used usps tracking. So We saw it got there. Taking into account it arrived on good Friday. Not sure if they are open then the USCIS. Anyway. No updates as of yet. So impatient already 😔

Gonna follow you as our timelines are nearly spot on!!!

Good Luck to you and @ me on all your posts please 🙏

Timeline
1 hour ago, Martella&T said:

Great that they are already processing your payment! Only that little part of the process was fast ;-)  and only from the point of view of the second petition ;-) 

Petition?

We didn't file the petition form? I cake on a k1 so I didn't need to do that i130 form. :) if that's what you meant 

1 hour ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Gonna follow you as our timelines are nearly spot on!!!

Good Luck to you and @ me on all your posts please 🙏

Thanks!! You too!

Did they cash your money too? Yesterday? Where are your from?

Timeline
1 minute ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Petition?

We didn't file the petition form? I cake on a k1 so I didn't need to do that i130 form. :) if that's what you meant 

Thanks!! You too!

Did they cash your money too? Yesterday? Where are your from?

No check cashed yet. I’m American, he’s British but clearly I do all the research stuff, lol!!

5 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Petition?

Hmm, maybe I should not call the forms petitions...
I meant that we had already applied for I-485, AP and EAD in February but our 'petition' then got rejected - so from that perspective it's been slow. But the second time round when we applied in April they were responding promptly. That's what I meant.

I just checked what I-130 is and it's called 'petition for...', I see. English as a second language will always present some difficulties. ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all,

Simple question regarding the type of notifications you are referring to? App, or through the method of communication from the G-1145?

I remember using the app for the K-1 petition, but just wondering what the majority of you are using to monitor.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

No check cashed yet. I’m American, he’s British but clearly I do all the research stuff, lol!!

I believe they won't cash your check if they reject the petition. If they reject, they will return your document and need you to correct or complete it. 

In my experience, once they cash your check. They will send the notification NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP on the next few hours (mostly in the evening) or on the next day. 

Recently the expectation time for NOA1 is around 7 to 21 days. If in 21 days you don't receive any notification yet, then you can try to call USCIS. 

Good luck!. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

Hey all,

Simple question regarding the type of notifications you are referring to? App, or through the method of communication from the G-1145?

I remember using the app for the K-1 petition, but just wondering what the majority of you are using to monitor.

When we sent AOS, EAD, AP we attached G-1145. And then we received 3 notification NOA1 on the text and email.

5 days later we received Hard copy of all of them on the mailbox.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JloveN said:

I believe they won't cash your check if they reject the petition. If they reject, they will return your document and need you to correct or complete it. 

In my experience, once they cash your check. They will send the notification NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP on the next few hours (mostly in the evening) or on the next day. 

Recently the expectation time for NOA1 is around 7 to 21 days. If in 21 days you don't receive any notification yet, then you can try to call USCIS. 

Good luck!. 

Thank you for the kind words and reassurance 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, JloveN said:

When we sent AOS, EAD, AP we attached G-1145. And then we received 3 notification NOA1 on the text and email.

5 days later we received Hard copy of all of them on the mailbox.  

OK! I'll keep an eye out for the notifications! I am checking both app and site, but I wasn't sure of the WAC# we were assigned still applied.

Thanks!

There is a new website where one can sign up and add cases. But USCIS advises to add cases after one gets hard copies.
https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.