1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, T_P said:

New process? Where did you see that? Majority if not all i-485 applications are processed at local offices which operates quite different from each other and workloads are also very different. 

Combo cards are now taking any much longer than it used to be, just looking at VJ Processing times, you can filter by dates and have an idea for how long it is taking people to receive theirs.....

Oh my bad. I took my information from previous aos threads of this year and it seems like most people (January/February filers) have already had or getting their greencard interviews. 

You're right though, it may vary with each office.

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone. i am new to this forum but i want to share my timeline too and maybe somehow inquire about our next steps.

oct. 2017 - married my USC fiance

04/05/18- mailed our AOS together with EAD & AP

04/06/18- received in USCIS chicago lockbox (tracked thru USPS)

04/13/18 - notification thru text & email that my case is recieved.

04/14/18 - recieved the actual letter in the mail of my receipts for AOS, EAD & AP.

04/28/18 - recieved from the mail my biometrics schedule

05/08/18- biometrics done

05/14/18- received email & text notification that my case for AOS is 'ready to be scheduled'. 

*my EAD and AP status has not yet changed. it is still 'case recieved'. 

how long does it takes to recieve my schedule for interview? how long we should wait until we can follow up our case in USCIS?

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Feb filer from California. The new process is the speed by which your case gets to “ready to schedule interview”. That means your case is done at NBC and once workload at your field office is manageable they will pick your file and transfer to your field office. They are investing a lot more time and resources to get the i485 initial checks done these days versus rushing the EADs like they used to. So its a blessing if your case gets picked, but long wait for those not picked.

if you are from a state like California much longer wait, since we have an office who has now to do employment based interview, lots of DACA and list goes on. So feel free that all your checks and info is intact, so minimal chance for an RFE but now you just wait. Even getting an infopass here is near impossible as so so many people stuck waiting for daca/etc...

EAD is totally based on workload at NBC. Seems USCIS goal now is to try to not give EADs but GCs in 4months. In reality that goal is not even near realistic for many field offices.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 6/5/2018 at 11:45 PM, kirikiristar said:

Hi Everyone! I am new to the forum, and just like everyone else, very antsy about my filing. Going from TN to AOS through marriage.

My AOS forms received  4/9

Biometrics 5/7

Current status on website - As of May 7, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you. 

It seems like a lot of people have gotten an interview already. Should I be worried? Anyone else get this message?

I am in the same situation. Ours was 5/15 and all we've heard was the same that they have completed the review of the fingerprints etc.... So frustrating.

13 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

Feb filer from California. The new process is the speed by which your case gets to “ready to schedule interview”. That means your case is done at NBC and once workload at your field office is manageable they will pick your file and transfer to your field office. They are investing a lot more time and resources to get the i485 initial checks done these days versus rushing the EADs like they used to. So its a blessing if your case gets picked, but long wait for those not picked.

if you are from a state like California much longer wait, since we have an office who has now to do employment based interview, lots of DACA and list goes on. So feel free that all your checks and info is intact, so minimal chance for an RFE but now you just wait. Even getting an infopass here is near impossible as so so many people stuck waiting for daca/etc...

EAD is totally based on workload at NBC. Seems USCIS goal now is to try to not give EADs but GCs in 4months. In reality that goal is not even near realistic for many field offices.

So at what stage does this lottery happen? Does NBC review the I-485s by a lottery and then send them to the field office or is it a lottery after NBC reviews the file and forwards it to the field office?

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, anlong said:

So at what stage does this lottery happen? Does NBC review the I-485s by a lottery and then send them to the field office or is it a lottery after NBC reviews the file and forwards it to the field office?

Wish could tell you more. But for sure there is two lotteries. My last infopass, the lady said my field office has 2 month workload, so as they work through 2months they will request more files from NBC. While sequentially NBC is rushing through initial processes to add more files for them to choose from.

Once it arrives at field office then the next lottery begins.

Timeline

hello everyone, anyone recieved their notice for interview schedule yet? i read a few who have interview schedules now.. i am in california and my AOS still on 'ready to be scheduled for interview' since may 15. no news on EAD/AP neither. how long does it usually take to get an interview schedule?

6 minutes ago, Diorella said:

hello everyone, anyone recieved their notice for interview schedule yet? i read a few who have interview schedules now.. i am in california and my AOS still on 'ready to be scheduled for interview' since may 15. no news on EAD/AP neither. how long does it usually take to get an interview schedule?

I only heard of one April filer from our group to have gotten an interview date.. Did you hear about others?
My theory is that things are moving fast for SOME filers but unfortunately not for all...It looks to me that if you get an interview letter within 2 weeks to two months after the biometrics date you are in the fast lane and if not then you wait who knows how long...could be even up to 2,5 years in some places. So it really ranges widely...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Martella&T said:

I only heard of one April filer from our group to have gotten an interview date.. Did you hear about others?
My theory is that things are moving fast for SOME filers but unfortunately not for all...It looks to me that if you get an interview letter within 2 weeks to two months after the biometrics date you are in the fast lane and if not then you wait who knows how long...could be even up to 2,5 years in some places. So it really ranges widely...

hopefully it wont be that long.. 

17 minutes ago, Diorella said:

hopefully it wont be that long.. 

Sure, I totally hope so as well. It's just because there's such a wide range you can say the average is one year but some people I saw got their interview letter like 2 weeks after biometrics and some people wait as long as 2 years so how are you supposed to know...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So USCIS made a mistake and sent us an RFE about our joint sponsor even though he makes double the require limit. A tier 2 officer confirmed it was a mistake but we replied to the RFE anyways and it was received on May 30th. Does this make us May AOS filers now? This is really upsetting because we had all the right paper works too :( 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello People! My name is Joseph, I just want to share my AOS experience in this forum since all the April Fillers are here at this thread.

About my case: B1-B2 visa Holder, Applicant for adjustment of status INSIDE THE U.S. thru Marriage with a U.S. Citizen. City: Houston.

this is my timeline so far:

04/21/2018 - AOS Package sent thru Fedex
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018 - Text Message & Email Notification.
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment done.

Nothing else at the moment. Please let me know if someone have similar experiences.

Thanks a lot!

04/21/2018  - AOS Package sent thru Fedex 
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018  - Text Message & Email  Notification. 
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt  PD:  04-27-2018 (Day 1)
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice. (Day 14)
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment.(Day 26)
06/22/2018 - REF notification update.(Day 55)
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate). (Day 60)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX.
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX.

07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website). (Day 73)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website). (Day 82)

08/24/2018 - Case Update:  New Card Is Being Produced (Text, E-mail and website). ---> EAD Card  (Day 118)

08/27/2018 - Notice of action received in the mail. ---> EAD Card has been approved  (Day 121)

09/01/2018 - Social Security Card (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 126)

09/07/2018 - EAD Card  (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 132)

002/19/2019 - EAD Renewal Package Sent Thru Fedex

02/21/2019 - Delivered by USCIS

02/25/2019 - Text Notification Received by USCIS

03/04/2019 - Letter Recieved in the mail (receipt)

05/03/2019 - Notification: Interview has been scheduled

05/22/2019 - Letter Received in the mail 

INTERVIEW SCHEDULEDE FOR: 06/07/2019 (RFE was provided at the interview with a deadline to submit medicals when ready - my medicals took a little bit longer than expected, i was told will be ready next day but actually take 3 to 7 business days)

6/28/2019 - Approval Letter for Alien petition (Letter Received in the mail)

7/12/2019 - Notification Medicals received and under review

7/24/2019 - New Car is Being Produced

7/30/2019 - New Card was mailed to me

7/30/2019 - New Card was picked up by USPS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Everyone I am a May filer but had a question: Did or has everyone got the Fingerprint Review Was Completed e-mail/text/uscis web update? I

I've been investigating here in visa journey and a lot of the Feb/Mar/ Apr/ and May filers got theirs 3 days after bio appt. , just asking for your experiences.

I've also notice not everyone updates their timelines <_< (:D)

♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥

K1 VISA -129F      

12/22/16 (MAILED I-129F  -   6/16/17- INTERVIEW -APPROVED!!

6/27/17- VISA IN HAND & POE

:wub:~~~~~~~~♥GOT MARRIED 07/29/2017♥~~~~~~~~:wub:

AOS

9/28/17 SENT  - 11/13/17 NOTICE OF REJECTION:(

NEW AOS

5/15/18 SENT AOS PACKET

5/18/18 PACKET ARRIVED (DAY 1)  

5/23/18 NOA FOR AOS & RECEIVED TEXT/E-MAIL FOR AOS, AP, EAD :thumbs:

5/25/18 MONEY ORDER CASHED

5/29/18 NOA LETTERS RECEIVED (AOS, AP, EAD)

6/8/18 BIO APPT LETTER RECEIVED (BIO APPT. 6/19)

6/11/18 BIO DONE (WENT IN EARLY ) :dance:

6/12/18 FINGERPRINTS RECEIVED AS PER PHONE CALL TO USCIS

9/28/18 RFE FOR AOS STATUS CHANGE - EAD/AP SAME STATUS (DAY 136):cry:

10/9/18 RECEIVED RFE LETTER 

10/19/18 SENT RFE RESPONSE :ot2:

10/23/18 USCIS UPDATE RECEIVED RFE RESPONSE (DAY 1)

11/6/18 Requested an Inquiry for I-131  (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/8/18 Requested an inquiry for I-765 (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/16/18 EAD/AP CASE APPROVED :dance:

11/19/18 APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED

11/26/18 EAD/AP CARD RECEIVED

11/27/18 USCIS UPDATE "CASE IS READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW"

12/4/18 USCIS UPDATE "INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED" 

01/10/19 AOS APPOINTMENT! :joy::dance:  APPROVED!!

01/13/19 AOS "APPROVED" Update Text received 

♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.