1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think a lot of people now are landing in this status "ready to be scheduling for interview" and, I don't mean to demoralize you guys but I've read here and there that this could just go on for a looong time (I mean "normal" processing times like 6 months or more). I'm trying to keep in mind that that's the timeframe I expected from the beginning, to manage my expectations. telling us we're ready to be scheduled is kind of tantalizing and mean... that's my take on this. and if I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised :    )

4 hours ago, Matiela said:

I think a lot of people now are landing in this status "ready to be scheduling for interview" and, I don't mean to demoralize you guys but I've read here and there that this could just go on for a looong time (I mean "normal" processing times like 6 months or more). I'm trying to keep in mind that that's the timeframe I expected from the beginning, to manage my expectations. telling us we're ready to be scheduled is kind of tantalizing and mean... that's my take on this. and if I'm wrong, I'll be pleasantly surprised :    )

Well, i have seen many january fillers having interview on april , 4 months after file,

my cousin is a february filer and he will have interview june 6, 4 months after file,

So things look moving fast now

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, mytruelove18 said:

Well, i have seen many january fillers having interview on april , 4 months after file,

my cousin is a february filer and he will have interview june 6, 4 months after file,

I wonder how many of those who have an interview date have their applications processing through the California Service Center.

4 hours ago, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

I wonder how many of those who have an interview date have their applications processing through the California Service Center.

fo rajustment o fstatus you send the application to Chicago and they send your application to the uscis office near you, 

my office is Indianapolis, but i send my package to CHicago, so everybody go to diferent office.

my cousin is in Florida his office is Tampa for his interview on wednesday.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

🤣

Timeline
58 minutes ago, mytruelove18 said:

fo rajustment o fstatus you send the application to Chicago and they send your application to the uscis office near you, 

my office is Indianapolis, but i send my package to CHicago, so everybody go to diferent office.

my cousin is in Florida his office is Tampa for his interview on wednesday.

I should have been clearer. My local office is in California, where there is a long processing time vs the Midwest states (I know some applicants from those states already have interviews). 

I'm wondering if any applicants from the January thread, who have an interview date, have their local office in California.

3 minutes ago, Jr, Iris & Jay said:

I should have been clearer. My local office is in California, where there is a long processing time vs the Midwest states (I know some applicants from those states already have interviews). 

I'm wondering if any applicants from the January thread, who have an interview date, have their local office in California.

Well, go to january 2018 aos and ask them, maybe there are some from california.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

🤣

On 6/3/2018 at 7:28 AM, mytruelove18 said:

Things are moving fast for SOME filers but unfortunately not for all...It looks to me that if you get an interview letter within 2 weeks to two months after the biometrics date you are in the fast lane and if not then you wait who knows how long...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Timeline

Hi Everyone! I am new to the forum, and just like everyone else, very antsy about my filing. Going from TN to AOS through marriage.

My AOS forms received  4/9

Biometrics 5/7

Current status on website - As of May 7, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you. 

It seems like a lot of people have gotten an interview already. Should I be worried? Anyone else get this message?

Edited by kirikiristar

TN to GC: AOS through marriage

Paperwork received: 4/9/18

Biometrics complete: 5/7/18

Ready to be scheduled for interview: 7/16/18

EAD/AP Approved: 9/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Received: 9/10/2018

Interview Notice: ???????????

14 hours ago, kirikiristar said:

Hi Everyone! I am new to the forum, and just like everyone else, very antsy about my filing. Going from TN to AOS through marriage.

My AOS forms received  4/9

Biometrics 5/7

Current status on website - As of May 7, 2018, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, at our National Benefits Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you. 

It seems like a lot of people have gotten an interview already. Should I be worried? Anyone else get this message?

Nothing to worry just wait.

My cousin is february filer and did biometric on march 19, and on may 11 he got letter for interview today june 6.

He was approved at Tampa today.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

🤣

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cristina24 said:

my I-94 is expiring in 4 days. What happens if i dont renew it?:unsure:

It doesn't get renewed, as that is your legal presence document. The next legal presence document we would receive would be the EAD/AP, and then GC (or at this point with the new processes, just your GC)

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

Timeline

Hi all,

April 11,2018 sent out via FEDEX 

April 13,2018 it delivered 

April 20,2018 checks were cashed 

April 22,2018 emails/text messages 

April 27,2018 Bio appt Letter

May 11th,2018 Biometrics completed 

nothing after that. Still has not updated to say my biometrics were received/completed or anything. I’ve checked the app, website and every way possible. I read it’s normal to not get anything after biometrics but...I’m just not sure how much longer until we hear something ANYTHING (hopefully not a RFE). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, thirteenthday12 said:

It doesn't get renewed, as that is your legal presence document. The next legal presence document we would receive would be the EAD/AP, and then GC (or at this point with the new processes, just your GC)

I’m lost:(

what new processes?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, AZSunshine78 said:

I’m lost:(

what new processes?

Oh it just seems they're testing out new processes, where instead of getting the combo EAD/AP card in 4 months, you get interview date for GC. 

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
25 minutes ago, thirteenthday12 said:

Oh it just seems they're testing out new processes, where instead of getting the combo EAD/AP card in 4 months, you get interview date for GC. 

New process? Where did you see that? Majority if not all i-485 applications are processed at local offices which operates quite different from each other and workloads are also very different. 

Combo cards are now taking any much longer than it used to be, just looking at VJ Processing times, you can filter by dates and have an idea for how long it is taking people to receive theirs.....

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.