1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Got the "We canceled your interview" update on the my.uscis.gov/account site although I never got the update that interview was scheduled.. My previous update before was the "Ready to Schedule Interview" on 5/14. However from reading the January 2018 filers thread, looks like other people at the Raleigh office is experiencing similar, so will just have to wait and see.. not too concerned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, donsun said:

Got the "We canceled your interview" update on the my.uscis.gov/account site although I never got the update that interview was scheduled.. My previous update before was the "Ready to Schedule Interview" on 5/14. However from reading the January 2018 filers thread, looks like other people at the Raleigh office is experiencing similar, so will just have to wait and see.. not too concerned.

Hey when was your biometrics? How long until some sort of case change?

Timeline
54 minutes ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hey when was your biometrics? How long until some sort of case change?

5/4 Biometrics appt

5/14 Ready to schedule interview

5/15 Interview Canceled

Timeline

Hey people. I had my biometrics last week on Tuesday and today my case now says ready to he scheduled for interview. What does this mean? It's only the i485 that's says this. The other 2 case numbers are biometrics recieved and case recieved. Did anyone get any mail from this to confirm it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Hey people. I had my biometrics last week on Tuesday and today my case now says ready to he scheduled for interview. What does this mean? It's only the i485 that's says this. The other 2 case numbers are biometrics recieved and case recieved. Did anyone get any mail from this to confirm it?

I had my biometrics on May 4, and I haven't received any mail from USCIS regarding updates. 

I haven't seen anyone on this thread mention mail updates for their EAD/AP. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

The only mail update you'll get at this point will be either an RFE or once your interview actually gets scheduled. Don't think EAD/AP status gets updated until it actually gets approved which is roughly 5-6 months right now per reports on other threads. Seems like a lot of the recent reports show people getting their GC before their EAD/AP approval unless you have a reason to expedite your EAD.

9 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

That is fast! Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones to get the interview scheduled quickly. What state are you in?
Nothing changed for me since 'biometrics completed'...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Martella&T said:

That is fast! Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones to get the interview scheduled quickly. What state are you in?
Nothing changed for me since 'biometrics completed'...

Louisiana. My uscis office is in New Orleans. Someone else had theirs within 5 months of filing from new orleans apparently. I'm confused as I really thought rfe would be next because I'm not that lucky. 🤣

3 hours ago, ChristaandJosh said:

Louisiana. My uscis office is in New Orleans. Someone else had theirs within 5 months of filing from new orleans apparently. I'm confused as I really thought rfe would be next because I'm not that lucky. 🤣

Maybe it will turn out that  in the US you are lucky :-)))!

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

did the biometrics appointment this Wednesday, everything OK :D my.uscis.gov now says:

May 17, 2018

We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case

driver's license stuff:

On 5/7/2018 at 9:04 AM, Martella&T said:

Can you please let me know how it ended when you get the letter from them that everything is ok? I'm also from PA. Thank you for sharing, it was very helpful for me.

just got the damn letter today! I was about to call the DMV and ask what's up with that, and decided to check the mail before calling LOL. it says I'm eligible, the license will expire (probably) on May 12, 2019 (1 year anniversary of my K1 expiry date - meaning 3 months after POE, NOT the expiry date ON the visa itself). I have to go there again with all the stuff I brought the first time, the couple papers they produced there for me, and this letter. they didn't charge me last time so I'm also bringing the check too. it was 13 days total from the DMV visit to getting their letter.

I'm attaching a photo of it.

penndot-visajourney.jpg

Timeline

Hi - I am a May filer so I thought I would reach out to you fine people - since you are a little a head. Does anyone know or can give an estimate of how long it would take to receive EAD and AP after you submit the applications?

Been looking at other forums but haven't seen anything consistent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Just got our biometrics appointment today. It’s on 5/30. I got my NOA1 last week and it’s great to see things moving pretty quickly. 

Altgough our local uscis office is the one that has the longest processing times..... Baltimore. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JayeBird said:

Hi - I am a May filer so I thought I would reach out to you fine people - since you are a little a head. Does anyone know or can give an estimate of how long it would take to receive EAD and AP after you submit the applications?

Been looking at other forums but haven't seen anything consistent.

Everyone's been saying expect ~5-7 months, faster if you expedite and have a legitimate reason to do so. Some people in Jan2018 filers thread have been posting that they're getting theirs approved recently so ~4 months for them.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lana&Tyler said:

Just got our biometrics appointment today. It’s on 5/30. I got my NOA1 last week and it’s great to see things moving pretty quickly. 

Altgough our local uscis office is the one that has the longest processing times..... Baltimore. 

HI there, how are you checking your local office's processing times? Was your biometrics appointment held at your local office, or elsewhere? 

6 hours ago, Matiela said:

did the biometrics appointment this Wednesday, everything OK :D my.uscis.gov now says:

driver's license stuff:

just got the damn letter today! I was about to call the DMV and ask what's up with that, and decided to check the mail before calling LOL. it says I'm eligible, the license will expire (probably) on May 12, 2019 (1 year anniversary of my K1 expiry date - meaning 3 months after POE, NOT the expiry date ON the visa itself). I have to go there again with all the stuff I brought the first time, the couple papers they produced there for me, and this letter. they didn't charge me last time so I'm also bringing the check too. it was 13 days total from the DMV visit to getting their letter.

I'm attaching a photo of it.

penndot-visajourney.jpg

Thank you so much for that! Hope it goes smoothly!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.