1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

Below is my timeline...I’m getting a little frustrated as some people seem to be getting “fingerprints received” notices and some people are not. I am one of the people who did not and have actually not got ANYTHING at all since my biometrics. Seems like it just stopped all together. :( I wonder how much longer for our. EAD cards? 

Best of luck to all of you!

April 11,2018 sent out via FEDEX 

April 13,2018 it delivered 

April 20,2018 checks were cashed

April 22, 2018 E-mail/text messages 

April 27,2018 Biometrics appt letter 

May 11,2018 Biometrics completed 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Rittaaxx said:

Hi all,

Below is my timeline...I’m getting a little frustrated as some people seem to be getting “fingerprints received” notices and some people are not. I am one of the people who did not and have actually not got ANYTHING at all since my biometrics. Seems like it just stopped all together. :( I wonder how much longer for our. EAD cards? 

I never received updates about fingerprints received. My case just went from "we mailed you a request for evidence" to  "ready to be scheduled for an interview". As long as you've completed your biometrics, you'll be fine.

I'm guessing your priority date is around April 15. My PD is April 2 and my I-485 has been showing "ready to be scheduled for an interview" since May 21st. Since I filed for EAD expedite requests on May 25th, I received my Combo card on June 30th.  Without expedition, your combo card (assuming you filed I765 and I131 concurrently) should arrive between mid August and early November if you're applying for your EAD thru adjustment of status.

The whole process is going to test your patience to the limit and beyond. I suggest you learn more about that from reading threads on the forum. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, NancyLyz said:

I never received updates about fingerprints received. My case just went from "we mailed you a request for evidence" to  "ready to be scheduled for an interview". As long as you've completed your biometrics, you'll be fine.

I'm guessing your priority date is around April 15. My PD is April 2 and my I-485 has been showing "ready to be scheduled for an interview" since May 21st. Since I filed for EAD expedite requests on May 25th, I received my Combo card on June 30th.  Without expedition, your combo card (assuming you filed I765 and I131 concurrently) should arrive between mid August and early November if you're applying for your EAD thru adjustment of status.

The whole process is going to test your patience to the limit and beyond. I suggest you learn more about that from reading threads on the forum. 

How long in between did they receive your RFE to schedule for interview? They’ve received our RFE May 30th and to this day, still no answer back :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
10 hours ago, NancyLyz said:

Hi, I have a question. How did you expedite your EAD?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, Rittaaxx said:

Hi all,

Hi, don't worry, call the USCIS office today and ask if your bio's have been received and reviewed. I didn't get a text/ e-mail and when I called they stated they did. Also others have said they've find out that an appt. letter has been sent out(maybe your lucky;)) after calling. 

♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥♫♪♫♪♫♥

K1 VISA -129F      

12/22/16 (MAILED I-129F  -   6/16/17- INTERVIEW -APPROVED!!

6/27/17- VISA IN HAND & POE

:wub:~~~~~~~~♥GOT MARRIED 07/29/2017♥~~~~~~~~:wub:

AOS

9/28/17 SENT  - 11/13/17 NOTICE OF REJECTION:(

NEW AOS

5/15/18 SENT AOS PACKET

5/18/18 PACKET ARRIVED (DAY 1)  

5/23/18 NOA FOR AOS & RECEIVED TEXT/E-MAIL FOR AOS, AP, EAD :thumbs:

5/25/18 MONEY ORDER CASHED

5/29/18 NOA LETTERS RECEIVED (AOS, AP, EAD)

6/8/18 BIO APPT LETTER RECEIVED (BIO APPT. 6/19)

6/11/18 BIO DONE (WENT IN EARLY ) :dance:

6/12/18 FINGERPRINTS RECEIVED AS PER PHONE CALL TO USCIS

9/28/18 RFE FOR AOS STATUS CHANGE - EAD/AP SAME STATUS (DAY 136):cry:

10/9/18 RECEIVED RFE LETTER 

10/19/18 SENT RFE RESPONSE :ot2:

10/23/18 USCIS UPDATE RECEIVED RFE RESPONSE (DAY 1)

11/6/18 Requested an Inquiry for I-131  (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/8/18 Requested an inquiry for I-765 (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/16/18 EAD/AP CASE APPROVED :dance:

11/19/18 APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED

11/26/18 EAD/AP CARD RECEIVED

11/27/18 USCIS UPDATE "CASE IS READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW"

12/4/18 USCIS UPDATE "INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED" 

01/10/19 AOS APPOINTMENT! :joy::dance:  APPROVED!!

01/13/19 AOS "APPROVED" Update Text received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, NancyLyz said:

can you share your timeline? :) if that's ok with you of course.

K1 VISA -129F      

12/22/16 (MAILED I-129F  -   6/16/17- INTERVIEW -APPROVED!!

6/27/17- VISA IN HAND & POE

:wub:~~~~~~~~♥GOT MARRIED 07/29/2017♥~~~~~~~~:wub:

AOS

9/28/17 SENT  - 11/13/17 NOTICE OF REJECTION:(

NEW AOS

5/15/18 SENT AOS PACKET

5/18/18 PACKET ARRIVED (DAY 1)  

5/23/18 NOA FOR AOS & RECEIVED TEXT/E-MAIL FOR AOS, AP, EAD :thumbs:

5/25/18 MONEY ORDER CASHED

5/29/18 NOA LETTERS RECEIVED (AOS, AP, EAD)

6/8/18 BIO APPT LETTER RECEIVED (BIO APPT. 6/19)

6/11/18 BIO DONE (WENT IN EARLY ) :dance:

6/12/18 FINGERPRINTS RECEIVED AS PER PHONE CALL TO USCIS

9/28/18 RFE FOR AOS STATUS CHANGE - EAD/AP SAME STATUS (DAY 136):cry:

10/9/18 RECEIVED RFE LETTER 

10/19/18 SENT RFE RESPONSE :ot2:

10/23/18 USCIS UPDATE RECEIVED RFE RESPONSE (DAY 1)

11/6/18 Requested an Inquiry for I-131  (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/8/18 Requested an inquiry for I-765 (DAY 174) (DAY 16)

11/16/18 EAD/AP CASE APPROVED :dance:

11/19/18 APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED

11/26/18 EAD/AP CARD RECEIVED

11/27/18 USCIS UPDATE "CASE IS READY TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW"

12/4/18 USCIS UPDATE "INTERVIEW WAS SCHEDULED" 

01/10/19 AOS APPOINTMENT! :joy::dance:  APPROVED!!

01/13/19 AOS "APPROVED" Update Text received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, Rittaaxx said:

Hi all,

Same as us. May 10th biometrics completes. 

Not it sure what’s happened.

USCIS also opened a duplicate 765 for us and now my husband (according to the Tier 2 I just spoke with) will have a denial on one of the cases even though USCISis the one who made the error and opened another case!!

im so stressed out with this entire process. 

Best wishes to you and yours.

Timeline
3 hours ago, britishandusa said:

How long in between did they receive your RFE to schedule for interview? They’ve received our RFE May 30th and to this day, still no answer back :( 

I'm waiting for my interview to be scheduled. I think it took about a month for the case status to change from RFE to ready to schedule.

Timeline
3 hours ago, SonaMartirosyan said:

Hi, I have a question. How did you expedite your EAD?

You can find pretty much anything you need for EAD expedite in the "EAD Expedite Timeline After Fax Request" post.

But in general, you make a call to USCIS, get a customer service representative, ask to file an expedition request and then pick a reason why you need it to be expedited. Once they review and accept the request, then USCIS either emails or mails you a notice asking for evidence (including evidence requested, the fax number, and fax details). Send in your evidence, wait for USCIS response (approved/denied/requested for more evidence). Once it's approved, you should receive your EAD/Combo card in a week or two.

Note that you can't make an expedition request before you complete your biometrics.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/expedite-criteria

Timeline
2 hours ago, Anatti87 said:

can you share your timeline? :) if that's ok with you of course.

You can see that in my own post. I've have pretty much all details of my timeline so far.

I don't know how similar it is for San Diego office to process cases compared to Los Angeles. But feel free to take a look of my post. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi... I filed in May but I'm hoping y'all can help me out. Has anyone here had to:

• Respond to an RFE?
  • or request a new biometrics appointment?

If so, how long did it take to hear back from USCIS after you sent in your response? Please reference my signature for the background on my timeline. Thanks in advance :wub:

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone.is it possible for us to get a state ID or any photo ID? my only valid ID is my passport which has my maiden name and i am now using the last name of my husband. we are going to an event in aug. and they need a photo ID. i registered in that event using my new last name. im thinking of just using my passport and just bring my marriage certificate in case i wont have a valid ID with my new last name.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Diorella said:

hello everyone.is it possible for us to get a state ID or any photo ID? my only valid ID is my passport which has my maiden name and i am now using the last name of my husband. we are going to an event in aug. and they need a photo ID. i registered in that event using my new last name. im thinking of just using my passport and just bring my marriage certificate in case i wont have a valid ID with my new last name.

You will most definitely need to receive your EAD card first before you can apply for a state ID. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone! I had an update on my case!

Finally receive my letter of a request for initial evidence, it was my birth certificate as I expect. today I just send it back as the request: with copy of the notice, the foreign Language Birth certificate and the Translated and certificated one.

So at this point is more than 1 month since Bio-metrics where done and haven't receive any other updates more than the Request for Initial Evidence. 

This is my timeline so far:

04/21/2018 - AOS Package sent thru Fedex
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018 - Text Message & Email Notification.
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment
06/22/2018 - REF notification update
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX

04/21/2018  - AOS Package sent thru Fedex 
05/01/2018  - Text Message & Email  Notification. 
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt  PD:  04-27-2018 (Day 1)
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice. (Day 14)
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment.(Day 26)
06/22/2018 - REF notification update.(Day 55)
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate). (Day 60)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX.
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX.

07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website). (Day 73)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website). (Day 82)

08/24/2018 - Case Update:  New Card Is Being Produced (Text, E-mail and website). ---> EAD Card  (Day 118)

08/27/2018 - Notice of action received in the mail. ---> EAD Card has been approved  (Day 121)

09/01/2018 - Social Security Card (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 126)

09/07/2018 - EAD Card  (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 132)

002/19/2019 - EAD Renewal Package Sent Thru Fedex

02/21/2019 - Delivered by USCIS

02/25/2019 - Text Notification Received by USCIS

03/04/2019 - Letter Recieved in the mail (receipt)

05/03/2019 - Notification: Interview has been scheduled

05/22/2019 - Letter Received in the mail 

INTERVIEW SCHEDULEDE FOR: 06/07/2019 (RFE was provided at the interview with a deadline to submit medicals when ready - my medicals took a little bit longer than expected, i was told will be ready next day but actually take 3 to 7 business days)

6/28/2019 - Approval Letter for Alien petition (Letter Received in the mail)

7/12/2019 - Notification Medicals received and under review

7/24/2019 - New Car is Being Produced

7/30/2019 - New Card was mailed to me

7/30/2019 - New Card was picked up by USPS

12 hours ago, JoAndLo said:

Hello everyone! I had an update on my case!

Finally receive my letter of a request for initial evidence, it was my birth certificate as I expect. today I just send it back as the request: with copy of the notice, the foreign Language Birth certificate and the Translated and certificated one.

So at this point is more than 1 month since Bio-metrics where done and haven't receive any other updates more than the Request for Initial Evidence. 

This is my timeline so far:

04/21/2018 - AOS Package sent thru Fedex
05/01/2018 - Text Message & Email Notification.
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment
06/22/2018 - REF notification update
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX

Your timeline is about the same as ours, except we never had an RFE. We had biometrics on the 17th and moved to "ready to be scheduled" on May 21st. Haven't heard anything since... :( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.