1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Aruba
Timeline
On 1/11/2019 at 11:15 PM, QN&CD said:

Thanks for your response. I saw we submitted the packet at the same day and received EAD approval at the same time as well, except for my interview date ^_^

Congrats on this new. Could you share when you submitted the i485 packet ? 

I submitted my I-485, I-130, and I-765 on the 24th of April, 2018. I waited for like 6-7 months to the point I realized that I'm outside the normal processing times for my EAD. So then it led to the point that I had to submit an Case Inquiry. After a month waiting, I said that I had enough and decided to go Congress to submit an congressional inquiry. That led to get this moving. So I instantly got approved 2 weeks later and received my EAD at the end of December. Then beginning of January I got my interview schedule. So I had to give thanks to my congresswoman and my lawyer for it.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:47 PM, Sierra_297 said:

I submitted my I-485, I-130, and I-765 on the 24th of April, 2018. I waited for like 6-7 months to the point I realized that I'm outside the normal processing times for my EAD. So then it led to the point that I had to submit an Case Inquiry. After a month waiting, I said that I had enough and decided to go Congress to submit an congressional inquiry. That led to get this moving. So I instantly got approved 2 weeks later and received my EAD at the end of December. Then beginning of January I got my interview schedule. So I had to give thanks to my congresswoman and my lawyer for it.

That is awesome. May be I should contact my congressman as well ^_^ . LOL !!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Aruba
Timeline
On 1/19/2019 at 6:23 PM, QN&CD said:

That is awesome. May be I should contact my congressman as well ^_^ . LOL !!!

Yeah...but do it when you are definitely similar to what had happened to me. Make sure you are outside the normal processing times and that it has been over a month after you sent an Case Inquiry. Also, I would go to a democrat congressman to help you with it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Woke up to a text that said our case was updated!  So I checked online that our case was scheduled for an interview! Woo-hoo! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone, after waiting since April last year... we finally received the letter for our Interview. YAY!

Buuuuuut... it's on the ONLY week I will be travelling to Brazil (where I am from) to see family and for business.

I'm devastated that I won't be here. I cannot change the trip (tickets are non-refundable and being paid by the company I work for). I called Customer Service yesterday, as soon as I got the letter. She opened a service requested to me and asked me to wait 15-30 days to hear from them. The problem is that the interview falls between this window. And she said they can still deny my request and keep the interview date to what's scheduled at the moment.

I also tried to scheduled an Infopass but the Chicago Office is not taking any appointments or walk-ins at the moment. I'm really lost to be honest! I saw another colleague here rescheduled successfully. But I'm still very concerned whether they will reply me back at all. 

Any thoughts on what I should do? Would be helpful to contact Senator/Congressman?

I appreciate any helpful insight on this!

On 1/5/2019 at 4:02 PM, QN&CD said:

Hey guys, I have some quick questions, please help.

1. I submitted my form I485 in April 2, 2018 to National Benefits Center. My local office is San Francisco, CA. I am checking the uscis processing time of form I485 now and did not see NBC in the dropdown options, thus I wonder which center is processing my case, so I can estimate the timeline better. 

2. Among applicants whose local office is San Francisco, CA here ? Did anyone get the interview date yet ? My I485 status has changed into "Interview Cancelled" since last October, 2018 without scheduling any interview date for me. I am just getting more confused over time.

Thanks for your help.

Hey,

Our local office is SF (we assume, but it doesn't state it on any paper. I know I should call to confirm this...). We have not received an interview date, but ours still says ready to be scheduled. 

5 hours ago, CamiBrad said:

Hi everyone, after waiting since April last year... we finally received the letter for our Interview. YAY!

Buuuuuut... it's on the ONLY week I will be travelling to Brazil (where I am from) to see family and for business.

I'm devastated that I won't be here. I cannot change the trip (tickets are non-refundable and being paid by the company I work for). I called Customer Service yesterday, as soon as I got the letter. She opened a service requested to me and asked me to wait 15-30 days to hear from them. The problem is that the interview falls between this window. And she said they can still deny my request and keep the interview date to what's scheduled at the moment.

I also tried to scheduled an Infopass but the Chicago Office is not taking any appointments or walk-ins at the moment. I'm really lost to be honest! I saw another colleague here rescheduled successfully. But I'm still very concerned whether they will reply me back at all. 

Any thoughts on what I should do? Would be helpful to contact Senator/Congressman?

I appreciate any helpful insight on this!

Same thing happened to us. Our interview is supposed to be today, but we are in Argentina. The day we got the letter, we called. We received a confirmation email about 2-3 weeks later (even with christmas and new year in between). Then we got a second email saying we would get rescheduled and receive a new date in the mail. My mom checked our mail and about a week or two ago, our new date of February 14th arrived. 

I’m not expecting this. My PD is April 18, 2019 and I filed in Los Angeles. I just got an email saying that they scheduled my green card interview. I thought LA takes a year to get an interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Same thing happened to us. Our interview is supposed to be today, but we are in Argentina. The day we got the letter, we called. We received a confirmation email about 2-3 weeks later (even with christmas and new year in between). Then we got a second email saying we would get rescheduled and receive a new date in the mail. My mom checked our mail and about a week or two ago, our new date of February 14th arrived. 

Thank you so much for this! We hear all the bad and scary stories so it's good to have someone with a good experience.

My boss was also super understanding and said he is willing to cancel the trip even if there are fees for cancelling. So now I'm going to wait for the service request to go through but knowing the trip can be cancelled and the company is ok with that is sort of relieving.

By the way, good luck in your interview! :)

16 minutes ago, CamiBrad said:

Thank you so much for this! We hear all the bad and scary stories so it's good to have someone with a good experience.

My boss was also super understanding and said he is willing to cancel the trip even if there are fees for cancelling. So now I'm going to wait for the service request to go through but knowing the trip can be cancelled and the company is ok with that is sort of relieving.

By the way, good luck in your interview! :)

To update again, we missed our appointment yesterday because we were in Argentina. We just landed in the US. My husband showed his card, they brought him to the room to process the AP, and he was done in 5 minutes. They did not ask a single question. 

We had our interview today...had a very nice officer ..she just asked us our story ..how we met....asked my husband and how much sibligings i got...we spent most of the time chatting casually...case just updated on uscics as new card is being produced.....yay!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just a USPS update that our NOA 2 is coming in the post! I'm so impatient to find out when our interview date is!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.