1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, krissy002 said:

Are there many people left still waiting to hear about an interview? Seems like many of you are getting your green cards already. Waiting is a b*tch......

Got my date two weeks ago for April 8, so that's that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
16 hours ago, krissy002 said:

Are there many people left still waiting to hear about an interview? Seems like many of you are getting your green cards already. Waiting is a b*tch......

Yes, still waiting over here is Seattle. Sucks, applied already to have my EAD card renewed.

6 minutes ago, Wouter Erwee said:

Yes, still waiting over here is Seattle. Sucks, applied already to have my EAD card renewed.

We're also still waiting in SF. 

Question: What date did you receive your EAD, and is there a link describing the process/timeline for when to apply? My wife got her EAD in late August, and I'm not sure when we should start applying.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Not just getting the green card, this also pushes back the removing conditions and Citizenship. The calculation for when you can file those forms (I-751 & N-400) does not begin until your green card date. 

Really not fair for those from slow centers like Houston, can’t be a citizen until almost a year after other locations. 

They should do something to balance it out.

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

11 hours ago, QN&CD said:

Update for San Francisco. My coworker just got interview date. He applied in late September 2017 and interview date is April 1, 2019. About 18 months. So I think for SF we might have interviews around September and October 2019. Sorry, not a good new then. ^_^

Well, that's at least an update...but yeah, not the best news. I'll hold off on telling my wife that it might be another 6 months! We were really hoping to get an interview date around the year mark of submitting, so fingers crossed that still happens! Thanks for sharing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Interview was on 03/13/2019 is Philadelphia, PA. Paid $20 for parking near the USCIS office, because we didn't have time to find something cheaper.

Time-saving side not: Don't bring FOOD nor DRINKS inside the building - you will have to come back to the car or find a trash can OUTSIDE the building. They won't let you throw it out inside.

We were scheduled at 11:30. At 11:45 they invited us (I was very surprised, was mentally prepared to wait at least 30 mins).

The officer was one of the nicest people I've ever met. She was cheerful and positive, was joking with us, discussing Army stuff with my husband as they both were in the armed forces.

Asked right away for all the supporting evidence we had (we had a lease agreement, a letter from a health insurance company, utility bill, cell phone bill). Asked to confirm my personal details from the form, Yes/No questions, and asked us how we've met. Picked 5 pictures. And that's it. Said that she was going to approve the case today. Indeed, an hour later I got a message that they approved the case.

She said I'll get the card in the mail in 3 weeks.

Edited by Valeriyanest

Date Filed (I-485, I-765, I-131): 2018-03-27

NOA Date: 2018-04-09

Bio. Appt.: 2018-05-02

EAD Expedite Request: 2018-07-09

Congressman Office Visit: 2018-07-12

EAD in production: 2018-07-24

EAD/AP approved: 2018-07-25

EAD/AP in hand: 2018-07-30

AOS interview date: 2019-13-03

We also had an interview at Philadelphia, PA office. It was very easy. Some waiting. I saw a few couples with their lawyers in front of us and when IO was letting us in he asked if we have one with us. From the start I had a feeling that he already made up his mind and it was just a formality.
He asked us ZERO questions about our relationship but did bring up his wife from Russia three times at least!

I was afraid they were going to ask a lot of questions about specific dates and numbers as both of us tend to not remember them. But he only asked about our date of births (and my dear husband did not remember what year I was born in 😬) and if I remember my SS number. And the way we were asked things it was more like confirming rather than answering. He basically went through some basic questions on I-485 form, some yes or no questions as well.

He barely glanced at our pictures but took them all. He also did not want a lot of new or updated stuff. He said that somebody has to scan it all and the less work they have means not having to employ more people and that equals not raising the fees. Interesting perspective 😀

After the interview we went to a cafe and I realized that when IO asked me about my last entry to the US ( he was holding my passport where the paroled- in stamp was) , I agreed that this was my last entry. I thought that we were so calm in the interview but our brains must have been frozen because neither me nor my husband remembered that we went to Canada for a few days later. It's not like we wanted to hide it, we had that trip in our pictures and I printed official records of me coming and going so I knew the trip was there... But it just shows what can happen, even with the best intentions. We decided not to go back to clarify it, thought that it may end in RFE but by the end of the day the card was in production. Now I have doubts whether we should have gone and clarified it but to my defense on I-94 it is my trip from Europe not from Canada as the date of entry.

All in all despite what happened at the end, I think it was the easiest interview I could imagine. I imagined way way more scrutiny but of course better be prepared.

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, Martella&T said:

We also had an interview at Philadelphia, PA office. It was very easy. Some waiting.

Congrats!

I already got my Green Card in the mail today 😀

Date Filed (I-485, I-765, I-131): 2018-03-27

NOA Date: 2018-04-09

Bio. Appt.: 2018-05-02

EAD Expedite Request: 2018-07-09

Congressman Office Visit: 2018-07-12

EAD in production: 2018-07-24

EAD/AP approved: 2018-07-25

EAD/AP in hand: 2018-07-30

AOS interview date: 2019-13-03

12 hours ago, Valeriyanest said:

Congrats!

I already got my Green Card in the mail today 😀

Wow, that was super fast! You must be happy!
Mine is coming on Friday according to the tracking number. But I will be away so have to wait until Sunday.

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Same here in Las Vegas, NV. Still waiting.

"As of May 29, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status"

I guess it take a little bit to schedule ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.