1,707 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I am in need of your opinions/experiences.

We had our interview scheduled for next week, got the letter last month. The status changed to "interview is scheduled" right around when we received the letter. 

Now we are gathering all the documents that we will bring with us to the interview...

Just out of curiosity, I just checked the status again today. It says "the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" with the date of just few days ago, so after we received the interview notice. 

Is there anybody who had the same experience? Does this mean the interview, that is currently scheduled, is cancelled? Will there be another letter explaining the cancellation? I am not sure what to expect now:( 

Marriage-based AOS from H1B

(Employer filed H1B extension before I filed AOS with spouse)

4/4/2018: AOS package (I-130, I-485, AP & EAD) sent

4/6/2018: at 5:00 arrived at Chicago office

4/15/2018: Sunday at 22:30, received email/text notification

4/19/2018: NOA (I-130, I-485, AP&EAD) arrived in mail

4/20/2018: Biometrics app letter arrived in mail

5/4/2018: Biometrics done 

5/7/2018 (p.m.): I-485 and I-765 Status changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/9/2018 (p.m.): I-485 status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

8/20/2018 (p.m.): I-765 status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" 

8/24/2018: Received combo card in mail

11/13/2018: Online status says "Interview was scheduled"

11/19/2018: Interview notice in mail

12/03/2018: Online status changed back to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" once again, I freaked out

12/18/2018: Attended the interview, approved on spot, status changed to "Card is being produced" within an hour

12/21/2018: "Card was mailed to me"

H1B extension (employer) at the same time as marriage-based AOS

3/23/2018: "Case Was Received"

10/16/2018: Approval letter arrives at the employer's office, online status still not updated 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Koni10 said:

Hi folks,

I am in need of your opinions/experiences.

We had our interview scheduled for next week, got the letter last month. The status changed to "interview is scheduled" right around when we received the letter. 

Now we are gathering all the documents that we will bring with us to the interview...

Just out of curiosity, I just checked the status again today. It says "the case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" with the date of just few days ago, so after we received the interview notice. 

Is there anybody who had the same experience? Does this mean the interview, that is currently scheduled, is cancelled? Will there be another letter explaining the cancellation? I am not sure what to expect now:( 

if you don't receive another letter or a call I wouldn't worry and just go. they're always screwing up the online status, it's barely more reliable than tarot cards (?)

for us and a lot of people here it almost never reflected the real situation.

a story that's an example of unreliability (not really of the online case tracker but it shows what they're like): as we were exiting from the USCIS building after our (successful) interview, we saw they had left a voice message that basically said "we're from USCIS, don't come today, we're rescheduling your interview because the building is closed".

we didn't do anything after that and had no problem, green card in hand a month and a half later.

Edited by Matiela

2 hours ago, Matiela said:

if you don't receive another letter or a call I wouldn't worry and just go. they're always screwing up the online status, it's barely more reliable than tarot cards (?)

a story that's an example of unreliability (not really of the online case tracker but it shows what they're like): as we were exiting from the USCIS building after our (successful) interview, we saw they had left a voice message that basically said "we're from USCIS, don't come today, we're rescheduling your interview because the building is closed".

we didn't do anything after that and had no problem, green card in hand a month and a half later.

Unbelievable...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

23 hours ago, Matiela said:

Thank you so much for sharing the story. That's an unbelievable story. Congrats on completing the process!

I freaked out yesterday, because I thought it could be he sign that an issue was found, and they are re-scheduling or denying, and we'll receive another letter. It is less than a week now until the interview, and if we didn't hear anything, we'll just show up... Scary! 

Marriage-based AOS from H1B

(Employer filed H1B extension before I filed AOS with spouse)

4/4/2018: AOS package (I-130, I-485, AP & EAD) sent

4/6/2018: at 5:00 arrived at Chicago office

4/15/2018: Sunday at 22:30, received email/text notification

4/19/2018: NOA (I-130, I-485, AP&EAD) arrived in mail

4/20/2018: Biometrics app letter arrived in mail

5/4/2018: Biometrics done 

5/7/2018 (p.m.): I-485 and I-765 Status changed to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed"

5/9/2018 (p.m.): I-485 status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

8/20/2018 (p.m.): I-765 status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced" 

8/24/2018: Received combo card in mail

11/13/2018: Online status says "Interview was scheduled"

11/19/2018: Interview notice in mail

12/03/2018: Online status changed back to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" once again, I freaked out

12/18/2018: Attended the interview, approved on spot, status changed to "Card is being produced" within an hour

12/21/2018: "Card was mailed to me"

H1B extension (employer) at the same time as marriage-based AOS

3/23/2018: "Case Was Received"

10/16/2018: Approval letter arrives at the employer's office, online status still not updated 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I thought I would be waiting a bit longer here in New Jersey....today see this on the USCIS site:

Interview Was Scheduled

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline

@Sarah&Facundo (And any other NJ residents out there?)

Maybe NJ is getting faster!

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Interview was 2 weeks ago. Haven’t heard anything yet. Very nervous and scared. Officer said to expect a decision within 2 weeks. I guess not. I hate this process so much, I want to start working and driving etc. 

never got AP or work permit, even put an inquiry in which was ignored about 2 months ago. Good times. 

12 hours ago, George & Roth said:

@Sarah&Facundo (And any other NJ residents out there?)

Maybe NJ is getting faster!

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif

Mine was scheduled yesterday too but we are so nervous because we are going to Argentina for Christmas and part of January! I think the interview will fall during the time we are gone!! AHHHH!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sorry to post here but I haven't had a response on other threads and you guys look like an active bunch!! I am currently filing AOS. I need to include information about my old J1 visa from 2013 and I have the DS-2019 but no copy of the visa itself as I surrendered my old passport when I renewed it. My 12 month J1 visa began March 2013 (not subject to 2 year rule) and I received an I-94 at POE (which I can't find and there is no copy of it online). 6 months into my J1 visa, I travelled to the Bahamas and received a new I-94 when I re-entered the US on my then-current J1 visa (I still have this in my possession). Is it OK to use this one in my AOS application even though the arrival date does not match my first and original POE? 

Also, do you think I'll run into much of an issue not having a copy of my old passport with old visa since I have my DS-2019 still?

Thanks in advance!!!

17 minutes ago, NewbieFeb said:

Sorry to post here but I haven't had a response on other threads and you guys look like an active bunch!! I am currently filing AOS. I need to include information about my old J1 visa from 2013 and I have the DS-2019 but no copy of the visa itself as I surrendered my old passport when I renewed it. My 12 month J1 visa began March 2013 (not subject to 2 year rule) and I received an I-94 at POE (which I can't find and there is no copy of it online). 6 months into my J1 visa, I travelled to the Bahamas and received a new I-94 when I re-entered the US on my then-current J1 visa (I still have this in my possession). Is it OK to use this one in my AOS application even though the arrival date does not match my first and original POE? 

Also, do you think I'll run into much of an issue not having a copy of my old passport with old visa since I have my DS-2019 still?

Thanks in advance!!!

Have you actually searched online for your I-94? It should be listed if you were on the correct website. I to had a J1 visa in 2013 and just sent a photo copy of passport. I’m pretty sure this is an easy fix and not one to worry about. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Mine was scheduled yesterday too but we are so nervous because we are going to Argentina for Christmas and part of January! I think the interview will fall during the time we are gone!! AHHHH!! 

Rescheduling isn't that bad, but I know you would want to just get it over with.

1 hour ago, Rbalsara96 said:

I received notification that my interview was scheduled as well. I am from NJ; Newark.  Excited to get the notice so that I could see  the date.

I'll be waiting to see the NJ updates on schedule, and of course waiting on my mail to arrive!

jDSUBz2.gif

23 hours ago, George & Roth said:

I thought I would be waiting a bit longer here in New Jersey....today see this on the USCIS site:

Interview Was Scheduled

6 hours ago, Rbalsara96 said:

I received notification that my interview was scheduled as well. I am from NJ; Newark.  Excited to get the notice so that I could see  the date.

How weird is it that all these NJ people got their interviews scheduled on the same date? 

On 12/12/2018 at 6:54 PM, George & Roth said:

Interview Was Scheduled

OMG! This gives me so much hope!!! My field office is Newark as well, I filed I-130 petition in April, and AOS in August. My priority date for AOS stays the April date. I wonder if I would hear anything soon too...

Anyway!! Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.