1,707 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, MarkbK1 said:

Same here in Las Vegas, NV. Still waiting.

"As of May 29, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status"

I guess it take a little bit to schedule ;)

I’m as of May 2018 too and still pending... NYC... MSC... National Benefits Center (looks like the worst). Processing time up to 30 months ? Not sure..

On 3/12/2019 at 8:04 AM, George & Roth said:

Thanks for sharing these. I'll keep an eye on them!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My interview was today. We were late to start with, and my silly self even forgot my ring at home. See, I really don't like jewelry and I often take it off. Anyway, we couldn't find a place to get a replacement ring without being terribly late to the interview. We got in 20 minutes late. Saving grace it is downtown LA, everyone is always late because of the traffic. They had barely just got started themselves. We were billed for 9:30am and we went through the check in and got to the waiting area. Luckily we were called as soon as we sat down, ahead of the crowd that was already waiting. 

The officer went through the motions with the regular I-485 questions. With that done, she went ahead to separate us and ask questions. Before that, there was some things I did not bring and she said I should have. These included my degree certificate from school since I came as an F-1 student. I told her I didn't think to come with that but I have a copy on my phone. She looked at it, but said it would've been better on paper. She actually told me to go home, put together all my school documentation, and bring them back today; and let her know when I got back in the building (she gave me a signed and stamped note to show at the reception so they would let me in). Never heard that happen before but I did as she asked. I came back 3 hours later and turned everything in. She went over it and said I'll hear from her. 30 minutes later on my way home, my status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced."

Take away from this for me is go there with everything. Regardless of how unconnected it is to what you're going there for just show up with it. You may not get the miracle of "go home and come back," and that elongates the entire process. Best of luck to those who are yet to attend their interview.

Cheers!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 3/10/2019 at 4:12 PM, krissy002 said:

Are there many people left still waiting to hear about an interview? Seems like many of you are getting your green cards already. Waiting is a b*tch......

Hi I haven't had any news about the interview yet. The local office will be San Fernando California. Uggh it has been a year. I hate waiting!

13 hours ago, QED said:

My interview was today. We were late to start with, and my silly self even forgot my ring at home. See, I really don't like jewelry and I often take it off. Anyway, we couldn't find a place to get a replacement ring without being terribly late to the interview. We got in 20 minutes late. Saving grace it is downtown LA, everyone is always late because of the traffic. They had barely just got started themselves. We were billed for 9:30am and we went through the check in and got to the waiting area. Luckily we were called as soon as we sat down, ahead of the crowd that was already waiting. 

The officer went through the motions with the regular I-485 questions. With that done, she went ahead to separate us and ask questions. Before that, there was some things I did not bring and she said I should have. These included my degree certificate from school since I came as an F-1 student. I told her I didn't think to come with that but I have a copy on my phone. She looked at it, but said it would've been better on paper. She actually told me to go home, put together all my school documentation, and bring them back today; and let her know when I got back in the building (she gave me a signed and stamped note to show at the reception so they would let me in). Never heard that happen before but I did as she asked. I came back 3 hours later and turned everything in. She went over it and said I'll hear from her. 30 minutes later on my way home, my status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced."

Take away from this for me is go there with everything. Regardless of how unconnected it is to what you're going there for just show up with it. You may not get the miracle of "go home and come back," and that elongates the entire process. Best of luck to those who are yet to attend their interview.

Cheers!

Lucky you were able to go home and it! For me it would take me more than 3 hours to drive home plus quite some time to find what was needed! Congrats!

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Exactly 1 year from the date of application, I got a status update that my interview has been scheduled. I just got a text message and online change, no notice via snail mail just yet. Is this some kinda auto thing they're doing or does this really mean something? My service center would be Minneapolis (which has notoriously long wait times).

Anyone else can chime in how long you had to wait from the time you saw the online notice till you actually received the paper notice? How far out was the interview date from receiving the paper notice?

Hard to get excited about any of this knowing how tricky the whole process is.

9 hours ago, nazgul said:

Exactly 1 year from the date of application, I got a status update that my interview has been scheduled. I just got a text message and online change, no notice via snail mail just yet. Is this some kinda auto thing they're doing or does this really mean something? My service center would be Minneapolis (which has notoriously long wait times).

Anyone else can chime in how long you had to wait from the time you saw the online notice till you actually received the paper notice? How far out was the interview date from receiving the paper notice?

Hard to get excited about any of this knowing how tricky the whole process is.

I received the letter via snail mail about a week later. My interview was scheduled for a month later. Most people in here seem to have very similar experiences. You're almost there!

Hi! We are currently filling out the renewals for the EAD/AP, and question 24 and 25 are:

24 . Immigration Status at Your Last Arrival.

25. Immigration Status at Your Last Arrival. Provide the letter and number that correlates with your status when you last entered the United States. 

If anyone has filled this out, what did you put? Since we got married, I don't think it's K1, and I don't believe AOS is an immigration status, right? My wife traveled with the AP last fall, so wondering what to put.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jake H said:

Hi! We are currently filling out the renewals for the EAD/AP, and question 24 and 25 are:

24 . Immigration Status at Your Last Arrival.

25. Immigration Status at Your Last Arrival. Provide the letter and number that correlates with your status when you last entered the United States. 

If anyone has filled this out, what did you put? Since we got married, I don't think it's K1, and I don't believe AOS is an immigration status, right? My wife traveled with the AP last fall, so wondering what to put.

Thanks in advance.

Look on your last I-94 - it will have a code; officers use several to refer to those entering on AP awaiting AOS.

51 minutes ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

Look on your last I-94 - it will have a code; officers use several to refer to those entering on AP awaiting AOS.

Thanks - looks like it's DA for her! 

Timeline
On 4/9/2019 at 1:35 AM, JloveN said:

Hi I haven't had any news about the interview yet. The local office will be San Fernando California. Uggh it has been a year. I hate waiting!

I know... Still here and waiting....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I think the slowest ones (Texas) will be expected by July to September? I believe they are approving January 2018 now.

Almost there for you that remain, hopefully no outliers that get stuck longer. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I am still waiting for AOS interview. Local office will be San Fernando Valley California. I have sent renewal EAD and AP package last week. I hope I will get the interview soon. Anybody still waiting as well?. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Update! 

Email notification. My interview has been schedule! 

How long will be to receive the letter? 

04/21/2018  - AOS Package sent thru Fedex 
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018  - Text Message & Email  Notification. 
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt  PD:  04-27-2018 (Day 1)
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice. (Day 14)
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment.(Day 26)
06/22/2018 - REF notification update.(Day 55)
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate). (Day 60)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX.
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX.

07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website). (Day 73)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website). (Day 82)

08/24/2018 - Case Update:  New Card Is Being Produced (Text, E-mail and website). ---> EAD Card  (Day 118)

08/27/2018 - Notice of action received in the mail. ---> EAD Card has been approved  (Day 121)

09/01/2018 - Social Security Card (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 126)

09/07/2018 - EAD Card  (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 132)

002/19/2019 - EAD Renewal Package Sent Thru Fedex

02/21/2019 - Delivered by USCIS

02/25/2019 - Text Notification Received by USCIS

03/04/2019 - Letter Recieved in the mail (receipt)

05/03/2019 - Notification: Interview has been scheduled

05/22/2019 - Letter Received in the mail 

INTERVIEW SCHEDULEDE FOR: 06/07/2019 (RFE was provided at the interview with a deadline to submit medicals when ready - my medicals took a little bit longer than expected, i was told will be ready next day but actually take 3 to 7 business days)

6/28/2019 - Approval Letter for Alien petition (Letter Received in the mail)

7/12/2019 - Notification Medicals received and under review

7/24/2019 - New Car is Being Produced

7/30/2019 - New Card was mailed to me

7/30/2019 - New Card was picked up by USPS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We just got a SMS that there has been a status update on our case.

Would like to check it , but the "check my case" page id down.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Way to go USCIS!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.