navj1699

NVC Response To Expedicious Processing

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, saida santana said:

I am pretty sure we are not shooting anyone. Just telling the truth like everyone on here is claiming to do

Seems evident in this thread already that anyone who doesn't tell you or the OP exactly what you want to hear is "rude"...

28 minutes ago, saida santana said:

Well you guys enjoy your life on visa journey. We have better things to do

but as you just said earlier above you "have better things to do" than be on VJ so doubtful you'll be around to respond to anyone's comments anymore...or ask any further questions that come up as you and your wife venture through your immigration journey over the years....hopefully you find another forum that can help you with any future issues/questions about the immigration process since it seems you are uninterested in sticking around here.  

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

JFH's responses were not rude or disrespectful. 

We all know that pregnancy is a blessing and it should be considered a priority to have both parents present during the birth. But the harsh truth is that it is not a reason to expedite.

There are a few harsh truths when dealing with immigration. There are threads on VJ of people getting denied a tourist visa to the US to see a dying mother. Seen many threads where an immigrant wants to bring over child(ren) that they raised all their lives only to discover that they can't immigrate them because they are not their biological child(ren). We have seen spouses with children deported with no solution to being reunited with their families in the US anytime soon. The list goes on.

As for the OP. Seems the OP has a difficult time accepting that the expedite was denied. Whatever reason that she gave was determined not to be sufficient enough. This is her time to be frustrated, angry, and all other emotions she will experience. I believe her posting here was just an attempt to find just a thread of hope for a faster process. 

As time goes on she will likely accept the decision. And, although it will take longer than she would like, her husband will eventually be with her.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Unfortunately it's hard for people to digest that a pregnancy will not make any immigration process move faster. If that was the case, people would be falling pregnant or faking it just to jump to first place in the line. 

3 hours ago, navj1699 said:

Think about H1B or L1 express processing. 

Why don't govt offer express processing at a premium price for people who want to process it faster no matter if it takes money to do that!

Govt can hire more people to acomodate workload and people who wouldn't pay can still get unaffected general processing timeline and those who want to put everything on stake just to be with their better half can get it faster.

H-1B and L-1 visas are non-immigrant visas, which fall into a very different line of processing than immigrant visas (K-1 is non-immigrant but processed very similarly to an immigrant visa). I wouldn't call it fair to compare them as there are very significant differences on how they must be handled. LPRs are granted much more rights than other types of visa holders. They don't take granting LPR status as lightly like somebody only coming to the US temporarily.

There's 2 major issues I have with premium processing:

1. It puts less-well-off people in a separate queue. Do they deserve to be apart from their loved ones a minute longer than anybody else? I can't bring myself to even consider "yes" there. Rich or poor, you should be treated equally by IOs and COs. I have the means and would gladly pay more to go through immigration faster, but I don't think I should go through it any faster than somebody struggling to just meet the bare financial requirements for sponsorship.
  2. Premium processing only works if you can have some sort of control the number of people using the service. H-1Bs are capped annually. L-1s are a very small fraction of visa cases. Family-based immigration is far, far larger than either of those, and immediate relative petitions are uncapped by law.

Paper processing is one of the major reasons why it takes so much time.

Because they don't have a fully electronic or hybrid information exchange system it takes so much time to exchange paper work.

Yes, USCIS is way behind the times. I 100% get this and agree. They are in the process of digitizing many processes, but the sheer volume (combined with the pace federal agencies work at) means this is slow moving. There's also a lot of nuances that create unique challenges here, such as some documents must bne physical so they can examine seals and other marks to verify authenticity.

Unfortunately, they just aren't there yet.

Irony is when you ask uscis or nvc on what ground one can get Expedicious Processing, they mention these two as well. So I find it cruel to not let two humans to live with their chosen partners and kids be with their parent.

But I think if a human is suffering, then rule has to be improvised! 

The categories that qualify for an expedite are very broad. The specifics of a case as to how they fall into those categories is crucial. Immigration is a privilege, not a right. Nobody is saying you can't be together. You just have to wait out the process for the US, or you can choose to spend your lives together anywhere else. Nobody is keeping you apart.

Life is suffering. There is no painless way to do immigration properly. I'm not saying the process can't be improved (it 125% can), but it will never be both secure (to the US as well as to abuse from the petitioner or beneficiary) and painless.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, saida santana said:

And what you should do is strive to help people. Use this website for what it was designed for. There should be able to come together and provide support becuase we all have experienced what its like during the process. You are being rude. Both of your replies were rude. And thats an obvious truth that anyone with an unbiased point of view would agree on. But maybe the one who cant handle the truth is you. Well you guys enjoy your life on visa journey. We have better things to do

I'm sorry you two had to hear messedup opinions. 

Here's the thing,

Chances to get Expedicious Processing maybe less but you should try and if they don't accept the request then it wouldn't affect your case in a negative way.

For all those whinning, Too bad if you can't take it hard way, swalow it or go away!!! I hope doesn't happen to someone close enough to you to affect you. This is what should be the answer.

Seeing someone in pain and thrashing them with opinion is what human has evolved to!!

Peace to the world.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
13 hours ago, navj1699 said:

Can I reach out to a senator ? 

I helped someone through campaigning, They might write a letter for us.

If they do, Is there any chance NVC might accept expedite ? 

Yes you definitely can reach out to your State Representative or Senator. If you're situation is severe enough, then you should! 

You can send another request with further evidence of your need for expedite. Include anything you find necessary and related to your hardship. 

Good luck dear! 

Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Lebanon
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-06-27
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-05
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16

I-130 Approved : 2018-02-20
NVC Received : 2018-03-12

Send AOS Package : 2018-05-25
Submit DS-261 : 2018-05-24

Case Completed at NVC : 2018-06-25

Interview Date : 2018-08-07

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Eternity1516 said:

Yes you definitely can reach out to your State Representative or Senator. If you're situation is severe enough, then you should! 

You can send another request with further evidence of your need for expedite. Include anything you find necessary and related to your hardship. 

Good luck dear! 

Thank you so much,

I appreciate your response.

4 minutes ago, Mansini77 said:

So the NVC received your case one month ago, and the US Consulate in India has denied your request to expedite.  While I sympathize with you of being sick, tired and depressed, this is not enough evidence to expedite your case.  You are in the same boat with 99% of all other NVC cases from India.  

It seems to me that you're not here for answers, but to complain about a long an complicated process that can take up to not months, but years.  My wife and I are still in the immigration process, and it's been nearly two years now.  

"We're so screwed by the unnecessary delay by govt rules".  It's not your call to say what is unnecessary and what isn't to the USCIS.  These layers : Medical exams, biometrics, AOS, and waivers are all in place for a reason, not to screw you over.

I'm sure you and your husband are real good people, but there are hundreds, possibly thousands of people from all over the world in your same position waiting their turn.  

Wait, don't tell me....you thought this was going to be easy??  No, navj, this isn't easy, cheap, simple and worry free.  It's difficult, expensive, complicated and stressful.  Welcome to the club.

^^^THIS.

Too many people think immigration and anything immigration related is easy. It most certainly is not.

Folks need to understand that bringing immigrant spouses/relatives will take time, effort, money and patience. Most of the time, people think it's a walk in the park. It's not. No one is being unfair, no one is being rude, no one is sugar-coating the truth. 

Expedites are extremely hard to obtain, they aren't given out like candy. They are reserved for people whose reasons are usually tantamount to life or death situation to the USC. Since the embassy denied this already, they deemed it not significant enough for expedite. Besides OP, you are close to the end of the line anyway, why not just bear it a little while longer? 

Members of this forum are well aware of how difficult it is to be apart from loved ones, because we have ALL been there. We know what it's like. Save your energy OP. Pick yourself up, wait out like the rest and focus on your next steps.

1 hour ago, navj1699 said:

For all those whinning, Too bad if you can't take it hard way, swalow it or go away!!! I hope doesn't happen to someone close enough to you to affect you. This is what should be the answer.

Are you really so self-focused that you haven’t stopped to think - or properly read some of the responses - to realize that there ARE other people here going through really hard times? (Whether or not it’s harder than your secret difficulty is hard to judge and anyway subjective).  

The hard truth is that the kindest response about immigration questions is the honest response. What exactly would be the point of anyone giving you false hope, other than to make you feel even worse later when it doesn’t work out any faster but you’ve got your hopes up in the interim? 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mansini77 said:

So the NVC received your case one month ago, and the US Consulate in India has denied your request to expedite.  While I sympathize with you of being sick, tired and depressed, this is not enough evidence to expedite your case.  You are in the same boat with 99% of all other NVC cases from India.  

It seems to me that you're not here for answers, but to complain about a long an complicated process that can take up to not months, but years.  My wife and I are still in the immigration process, and it's been nearly two years now.  

"We're so screwed by the unnecessary delay by govt rules".  It's not your call to say what is unnecessary and what isn't to the USCIS.  These layers : Medical exams, biometrics, AOS, and waivers are all in place for a reason, not to screw you over.

I'm sure you and your husband are real good people, but there are hundreds, possibly thousands of people from all over the world in your same position waiting their turn.  

Wait, don't tell me....you thought this was going to be easy??  No, navj, this isn't easy, cheap, simple and worry free.  It's difficult, expensive, complicated and stressful.  Welcome to the club.

Thanks for response!

Stop making counter argument, I or anyone isn't posting question to get your personal opinion that what should one think or expect. These questions are to get general idea of how case can processed faster. Not that I'm saying anywhere that drop everyone else and process me first. 

First, Did I say that reason for expedite is depression ??? 

Why'd you have to make up stuff ??? What's wrong with y'all  ?

Second, I did share how I feel about my case and usual timeline which other people could be going through as well, is too long. And should be improvised. 

I hope you get to be with your wife soon. 

Third, That's my opinion that we're suffering due to much delays and backlogs and age old ways to verify authenticity, IT IS NOT YOUR CALL TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN THINK OR NO!! 

I don't deny the fact that every stage is for sure neccassry but the way things are being handled isn't most efficient and it's not money that is being affected but real human lives!

Fourth, Who said it I thought it was easy  ??

I just want the things to go as fast as possible.

Please read carefully and don't throw your personal opinion and frustration on someone who's asking a simple question.

There's a reason why I put information about the case and question separately!

Peace.

4 minutes ago, navj1699 said:

Thanks for response!

Stop making counter argument, I or anyone isn't posting question to get your personal opinion that what should one think or expect. These questions are to get general idea of how case can processed faster. Not that I'm saying anywhere that drop everyone else and process me first. 

First, Did I say that reason for expedite is depression ??? 

Why'd you have to make up stuff ??? What's wrong with y'all  ?

Second, I did share how I feel about my case and usual timeline which other people could be going through as well, is too long. And should be improvised. 

I hope you get to be with your wife soon. 

Third, That's my opinion that we're suffering due to much delays and backlogs and age old ways to verify authenticity, IT IS NOT YOUR CALL TO TELL ME WHAT I CAN THINK OR NO!! 

I don't deny the fact that every stage is for sure neccassry but the way things are being handled isn't most efficient and it's not money that is being affected but real human lives!

Fourth, Who said it I thought it was easy  ??

I just want the things to go as fast as possible.

Please read carefully and don't throw your personal opinion and frustration on someone who's asking a simple question.

There's a reason why I put information about the case and question separately!

Peace.

Nothing in immigration is fast.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Are you really so self-focused that you haven’t stopped to think - or properly read some of the responses - to realize that there ARE other people here going through really hard times? (Whether or not it’s harder than your secret difficulty is hard to judge and anyway subjective).  

The hard truth is that the kindest response about immigration questions is the honest response. What exactly would be the point of anyone giving you false hope, other than to make you feel even worse later when it doesn’t work out any faster but you’ve got your hopes up in the interim? 

Go read out again!!!

How'd you figure that someone's trouble is harder then my secret hardship ?????

Your argument is yet again filled with opinion out of ignorance without reading!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.