32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 minute ago, Abdeslam said:

Where it does state that you need to specify the online website or app where you met ? , I actualy didnt specify anything and got my NOA2 without any RFE , i have no idea where you get that kind of information

Congrats to you, you were one of the luckiest. But dont you know there are a lot of people getting an RFE for not stating where he and his fiancée met? Are you aware of that? And that a ToS is needed upon answering that RFE. Your petition is like an open book about you and your beneficiary you can include there(through your written love story) of how and where you met. Better safe than delay.

So did i answer correctly your question?

2 minutes ago, ShyLucy said:

Congrats to you, you were one of the luckiest. But dont you know there are a lot of people getting an RFE for not stating where he and his fiancée met? Are you aware of that? And that a ToS is needed upon answering that RFE. Your petition is like an open book about you and your beneficiary you can include there(through your written love story) of how and where you met. Better safe than delay.

So did i answer correctly your question?

I never came across that question in the Form , and i challenge you to show me where it state that you need to specify where you met in their official form beside (where did you met in real)

Edited by Abdeslam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Abdeslam said:

I never came across that question in the Form , and i challenge you to show me where it state that you need to specify where you met in their official form beside (where did you met in real)

I didnt say that it is in the form. I said include in your petition where did you meet. You can use a separate paper for it if you want to do so. You got a lot of choices in stating how and where you met.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

We met on Okcupid. We included a copy of the TOS where they said they weren't a paid matchmaking service. 

Met on ok cupid also...Case was recently approved. ..doing cr1 Visa thou. .will print the terms n condition for the interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

My attorney advised me to include the website name (eharmony).....and I did........If you don't include the name of the website and a copy of the TOS, you are vulnerable for an RFE.  There are numerous cases here on VJ which have resulted in a delay because they didn't include the TOS.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
10 hours ago, MandW said:

I didn't submit a TOS for the site I met my fiancé on....no rfe, got noa2, now case is in transit to embassy. 

We didn't name the website where we met or provide TOS, and we got NOA2.  Our case is at the embassy now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
13 hours ago, Margeee said:

Hi guys!

who among you here met your fiance through an online application that you can download for free? I have a question though. When you filled out the I-129F form, did you just indicate that you met online and just attached a declaration about how you met in person? Have you guys received an RFE regarding this? 

And one more thing, should my passport be valid for six mos at least during the interview? 

Yes we met online too...there were emails from the online site where we met that I included in print outs. It was not a true name or email because homosexuality is illegal in my country (well whatever)....but then in the same emails once we got to know each other we used real names. 

I bet USCIS has big laughs about that

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i agree, we didn't disclose the website or TOS and we are "received at NVC" stage. We didn't get any RFE either. If someone has to disclose the website....it would be difficult to find the section that says it is not an IMBRA also in some of those apps or websites.

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Alabamak1 said:

i agree, we didn't disclose the website or TOS and we are "received at NVC" stage. We didn't get any RFE either. If someone has to disclose the website....it would be difficult to find the section that says it is not an IMBRA also in some of those apps or websites.

Actually, RFEs are issued quite often for this .....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I met my fiance online, through a dating website which included a fee to use the site. But when I submitted the application I only included how we met our first time in person. Our application ended up getting approved last week. Should I just bring the TOS for the website or a letter from the website stating it isn't an IMBRA, incase they ask questions of how we met at the interview? There really isn't much I can do now since it has been approved. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When i did the CR1 my RFE included "Explain how you met" " if online,  proof of what site and how it was paid for"

this may be another country dependent and those of us with spouses from high fraud countries go thru a bit more

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

We met on OkCupid, didn't send in any proof of TOS or anything and we did not receive REF. Might have been because I lived in the US at the time when we met both online and IRL. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
17 hours ago, ShyLucy said:

Yes, you have to state in what website you meet. And when you are making your petition do include the Website’s(where you meet) Terms of Service

The first sentence is not true; it is not a requirement. The 2nd sentence is true if you mention the website in which you met. 

IOW, you don't have to say anything in your petition about meeting online. If you do mention it, you probably should provide the TOS to avoid a RFE

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

There are so many people getting RFEs for not mentioning where they first got in contact with each other (RFEs specifically asking for the name of the website) that I personally wouldn't take the risk of not mentioning it from the very beginning if I were to do the application all over again.

Just because some of us were lucky enough to get approved without mentioning it, doesn't mean others will be. So as a recommendation - do mention the website AND add the TOS (and possibly email response from the website stating it's not an IMBRA website).

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiance and I met through Facebook, and I included a copy of Facebook's "Terms of Service".  Simple and to the point.  No RFE was issued to us.  So as long you can get the terms of service for the app you met on, that would suffice.  Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.