2018JNJ

January 2018 Filers

3,943 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JGHH said:

Just got a text saying 

"USCIS:  Your case was received. Receipt # WACxxxxxxxx. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail. Msg & Data rates may apply. DO NOT REPLY"

Is this the NOA1?

When did you send your I-129F package? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I just got a text and an email from USCIS.  The email says "Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number... ".  The text pretty much says the same thing that JGHH's does (Receipt Notice).  I sent my fiancee's I-129F package on January 9 with FedEx, and the package arrived at USCIS two days later.

Is today our NOA1 date for the timeline?

Edited by microcebus
clarifying I-129F

June 2016: We started writing to each other

June-July 2017: Met in person in the US for our first anniversary

December 2017 - January 2018: Met again in the US and got engaged

01/09/2018: I-129F sent to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox via FedEx

01/16/2018: Received NOA1 (NOA1 notice date: 01/11/2018)

June-July 2018: Met in person in Singapore and Australia for our second anniversary

08/03/2018: Notice date on our NOA2 (updated in USCIS's new website on August 6)

08/15/2018: Our case reached NVC

08/22/2018: Received NVC case number

09/04/2018: Our package left NVC (arrived 9/11, and she sent packet 3 that day)

09/20/2018: Received packet 4; scheduled interview

10/30/2018: Interview - told that we're approved!  Now waiting to receive the visa...
11/27/2018: Port of Entry at BWI

12/1/2018: Our wedding!

12/8/2018: Filed AoS on the way to our honeymoon (12/8-15/2018)
6/~7/2019: EAD and AP approved
09/25/2019: AOS interview in Orlando -- approval and green card!

Next step, June 2019: Filing I-751

Note: My wife is a Singaporean.  She moved to Australia before we met and got permanent residency there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

When did you send your I-129F package? 

I mailed mine in the 9th, USPS said it was received on the 12th.... but when I went to the USCIS website and put in my receipt number it said it was received on the 11th.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
10 hours ago, RambaCat said:

Oh, I am the beneficiary - I'm from the UK. My fiance is very much a 'what will be, will be' kind of guy, and has a hatred for all things form related so I signed up here to keep an eye on how things work...and so I don't keep pestering him every five minutes! :jest:

My fiance is the same! I had such a difficult time to get him fill up the forms. End up we only did it when I visited him last December.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
17 hours ago, RambaCat said:

Pretty quick turnaround, considering! Our petition arrived yesterday, but probably so did many others (judging by this thread), so I'll be happy if we get a NOA1 by next Tuesday.

It took 2 business days after receipt, so hopefully your NOA1 will be in by Friday. 

9 hours ago, Ohyeahsunnyday said:

My fiance is the same! I had such a difficult time to get him fill up the forms. End up we only did it when I visited him last December.

We only did ours at the beginning of January while he was here - I found it easier to explain what he needed to put and where in person; not to mention he has a tendency to forget things. :D

Still, it's done now, and hopefully we have enough evidence that they won't want more... The next steps after this one can be done from the same home, without the awful 'goodbye' date looming over our heads, and I'm looking forward to that!

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

7 hours ago, Lasersupernova said:

It took 2 business days after receipt, so hopefully your NOA1 will be in by Friday. 

I hope so! This might sound strange, but I'm looking forward for the long wait to start....because once it has it's getting shorter every day!

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

27 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

I hope so! This might sound strange, but I'm looking forward for the long wait to start....because once it has it's getting shorter every day!

Jacksonville Florida !!!! I haven't seen anyone will be in Jax before :D:D

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

8 minutes ago, Christy&J said:

Jacksonville Florida !!!! I haven't seen anyone will be in Jax before :D:D

Ooo! Hi! Yes! I see people from/going to Florida, but never seen anyone else with a Jax stamp.

How do you like it? I'm from the middle of nowhere in the UK, so I'm still blown away by how big Jacksonville is - we hardly go into the downtown area, because it's so hectic...

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

On 2018-01-04 at 9:39 PM, Canadianmusician said:

Hi Everyone! Beneficiary here from Canada :) We mailed our i129f package on Dec. 26th and it arrived at the dropbox on Tuesday. So excited to receive the confirmation text...hopefully some time next week! :star:

Congrats!  I just had my interview (Not a January 2918 filer).  Good luck on your journey.  

2 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

Ooo! Hi! Yes! I see people from/going to Florida, but never seen anyone else with a Jax stamp.

How do you like it? I'm from the middle of nowhere in the UK, so I'm still blown away by how big Jacksonville is - we hardly go into the downtown area, because it's so hectic...

Glad I wont be the only foreigner in JAX lol...

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! January filer here; I sent out my I-129F Jan 5 2048, to Lewisville Tx Lockbox, Received per FedEx Jan 11 and I just received my NOA 1 last Tuesday. So excited! Best wishes to everyone during this process .

Stay positive and uplifted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
19 hours ago, JGHH said:

Just got a text saying 

"USCIS:  Your case was received. Receipt # WACxxxxxxxx. Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail. Msg & Data rates may apply. DO NOT REPLY"

Is this the NOA1?

Oh, congratulations!!! @RambaCat Have you gotten anything? I haven't yet, hopefully soon!

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

25 minutes ago, lilit829 said:

Oh, congratulations!!! @RambaCat Have you gotten anything? I haven't yet, hopefully soon!

Nope, nothing yet here - but going by the latest NOA1's maybe tomorrow...or even today? :D

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

Nope, nothing yet here - but going by the latest NOA1's maybe tomorrow...or even today? :D

@RambaCat was yours also delivered to the Texas lockbox on January 16? When did you send yours?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.