2018JNJ

January 2018 Filers

3,943 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Petitioner here! I mailed out our i129f on December 29th to the TSC. They cashed our check and sent our email notification on January 4th that it arrived and was being routed to the CSC. Then a few days later I got my paper NOA1 copy in the mail from CSC! Good to know that our petition made it safe and sound, now just have to find the patience for NOA2! 

Edited by SafeTravels

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, SafeTravels said:

Petitioner here! I mailed out our i129f on December 29th to the TSC. They cashed our check and sent our email notification on January 4th that it arrived and was being routed to the CSC. Then a few days later I got my paper NOA1 copy in the mail from CSC! Good to know that our petition made it safe and sound, now just have to find the patience for NOA2! 

Hi!

1 thing to clarify, you filed to the lockbox so it's not transferred. When you put it in your timeline don't put it as a transfer so you won't get wrong estimations.

all k1s other than some that need criminal background checks because of DV goes to  CSC.

annnd good luck :) welcome to the wait

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Hi!

1 thing to clarify, you filed to the lockbox so it's not transferred. When you put it in your timeline don't put it as a transfer so you won't get wrong estimations.

all k1s other than some that need criminal background checks because of DV goes to  CSC.

annnd good luck :) welcome to the wait

Ah! Good to know, thank you!

4 minutes ago, Jovanni said:

I have a inside source telling me that all january filers will be processed and approved in 3-4 months 

LOL look, my magic 8 ball is telling me that most of us have been waiting 6-8 months since we filed just for our second notification.

Good luck to you and your source.

Just now, Jaquelly said:

LOL look, my magic 8 ball is telling me that most of us have been waiting 6-8 months since we filed just for our second notification.

😁 thank you just for january filers 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jovanni said:

I have a inside source telling me that all january filers will be processed and approved in 3-4 months 

O..K.....

so they're going to make a huge run of 6 months worth of applications which are approximately 30000 cases in 4 months? And they took 2 months to barely finish May or any month for that matter... 

Not that I wouldn't want it, that will be interesting to watch...

I'll get my popcorn ready!

3 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I think that was the lollest thing I've heard in my visa journey life.... 

11 minutes ago, Naes said:

O..K.....

so they're going to make a huge run of 6 months worth of applications which are approximately 30000 cases in 4 months? And they took 2 months to barely finish May or any month for that matter... 

Not that I wouldn't want it, that will be interesting to watch...

I'll get my popcorn ready!

I think that was the lollest thing I've heard in my visa journey life.... 

Absolutely stay positive and humble Naes 

Edited by Jovanni

Timeline
Just now, Jovanni said:

Absolutely stay positive and humble Naes 

Probably this is a first ever on this forum that someone told me to stay positive.( I have no idea about why the humble part came with it.)

2 hours ago, Naes said:

Probably this is a first ever on this forum that someone told me to stay positive.( I have no idea about why the humble part came with it.)

I've been following the May, June and July filers threads almost since I signed up - you guys really have had it rough! Same for August and September.

It seems like the delay suddenly came out of nowhere, which likely made it a lot harder and I'm really sorry that it happened. On a slightly more selfish note it's shown me that while I can hope for an early October POE, there's a good chance it won't happen, and not to get my hopes up too much.

I think reading past threads will at least prepare us for a longer wait so it might not be quite as frustrating for us as obviously the surprise extra 80 days has been for some!

Also Naes - THANK YOU for being so positive through all those threads and so helpful! It's nice to see when others are down and depressed about the growing timelines. <3

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jovanni said:

I'm hoping?

Because my freinds, I kid you not, I had a few jerks promises me the same thing!

len sarcasim.jpg

Perpetual self deprecating sarcasm - its a way of life! 

NOA1 -  6/26/2017

NOA2 - 1/4/2018

NVC# - 1/24/2018

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Cabovercat said:

I'm hoping?

Because my freinds, I kid you not, I had a few jerks promises me the same thing!

len sarcasim.jpg

You know I love sarcasm... and I wish it is sarcasm.... if not, I hope I'll eat my words..

Because January having it in 4 months would mean they'll go around 7000 cases per month! And that would mean I will get my noa 2 next month!

cause seriously I'd rather have my noa2 than being right...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
3 hours ago, Naes said:

We will break you yet!😏

You will be helpless against the beast bureaucracy 😈😈😈 

Nobody will survive unscathed by severe manic depressive syndrome!!!! 

(Sarcasm just to be fair ✌️)

Perpetual self deprecating sarcasm - its a way of life! 

NOA1 -  6/26/2017

NOA2 - 1/4/2018

NVC# - 1/24/2018

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cabovercat said:

We will break you yet!😏

You will be helpless against the beast bureaucracy 😈😈😈 

Nobody will survive unscathed by severe manic depressive syndrome!!!! 

(Sarcasm just to be fair ✌️)

Ahahhaha

I'm doing full scans of every month for 4 months now if that can't break me! 🤣🤣

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello all! I'm in the running with all of you, to all the best of luck! I submitted my I-129F and it was delivered to the Texas Lockbox the morning of January 11, 2018. 

Two of my best friends went through this process about two years ago, both Feb 2016 filers. They both fetched their fiance's in July of 2016. I was hoping for a similar timeline, but from what I'm seeing it may be a while longer. 

Go us!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.