2018JNJ

January 2018 Filers

3,943 posts in this topic

Just now, lilit829 said:

Yay! So this week counts for you tooo!!!

It does! WAC1890113183! So relieved to have a case number.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have updated my VisaJourney timeline and said that our I-129F should be adjudicated between July 28-July 30.  While waiting for the NOA2 is there anything I need to do as the beneficiary and what does fiance have to do as the petitioner?  To make the process faster once NOA2 received?

What have others been doing?  Any suggestions?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

I have updated my VisaJourney timeline and said that our I-129F should be adjudicated between July 28-July 30.  While waiting for the NOA2 is there anything I need to do as the beneficiary and what does fiance have to do as the petitioner?  To make the process faster once NOA2 received?

What have others been doing?  Any suggestions?

I don't know if there's anything to do this early on. I've just been reading up for the documents required at the embassy for my fiancee. We were originally thinking of getting the police reports and birth certificate when we go to Albania in March but we think it's to early to do that since some embassies require that the police certificates be less than 6 months old. We're thinking of doing them  in August instead. Other than that I'm tracking down my old w2s and helping my parents do their taxes as they're co-sponsoring us.

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
10 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Hello there every. 

Just out of curiosity, how many pages did your i-129f packet contain? Our packet contained 52 pages, including all the necessary forms, but i see that some people have 100 or more pages.

We also didn't put any Skype or email logs as proof. We put some plane tickets, my ds2019s of when I was in the us on a scholarship and pictures of us every year since 2013, which was when we started dating. 

Do you guys believe that's enough proof of our relationship or do you believe that they'll want to see emails and Skype logs between us? 

Take care everyone! 

Honestly I was freaking out when I realised how "little" my package was. But then after countless of checking I am sure I did not miss out anything. 

Don't be affect by others "huge" amount.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

@SilverMonk I think our packet had over 60 pages, but that included copies of all pages in my passport, future travel plans for meetups, screenshots from our whatsapp conversations, copies of our boarding passes from our trip to Mexico for Xmas, and additional attachments for my employment history and his address history. Brazilian addresses were tricky to fit into the form fields, so I ended up with a few "see Attachment A" type entries. 

Btw, where is your fiance from? It's nice to see someone else with a counterpart in Brazil :)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/19/2018 at 7:56 AM, lilit829 said:

Got my NOA1!!! WAC#1890113331. It says receipt date was January 12, so these days have been counting at least! First week down, (too) many to go. @RambaCat Maybe your receipt date will also be January 12! My notifications for USPS had said that no one had picked up the packet until Tuesday but the letter says January 12!

Yay!! Congrats!! We’re so ready for NOA2.. although I know it will take a while! Now that USCIS is processing July applicants. It’s moving and getting closer and closer!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Hello there every. 

Just out of curiosity, how many pages did your i-129f packet contain? Our packet contained 52 pages, including all the necessary forms, but i see that some people have 100 or more pages.

We also didn't put any Skype or email logs as proof. We put some plane tickets, my ds2019s of when I was in the us on a scholarship and pictures of us every year since 2013, which was when we started dating. 

Do you guys believe that's enough proof of our relationship or do you believe that they'll want to see emails and Skype logs between us? 

Take care everyone! 

You’re doing fine! Others got bunches of papers because maybe they took so many screenshots and pictures. But all you need is enough proof of your relationship and you’re good to go. :)  When did you file? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

@SilverMonk

about page number. As long as you have everything it really doesn't matter 

we had 93 pages but 40 of them was grave itinieries tickets etc (secondary evidence because we lost some boarding passes and we travel a lot)

if I knew what I know back then it would probably be 60 pages or less hehe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, DM2796 said:

Good luck and have patience to everyone who sent in their I-129F application this month. Today marks one year since my petition was received. Still no NOA2. 

Omg, I'm so sorry @DM2796. Do you know why it took this long??? That scares me :(:(

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

This is interesting and exciting knowing that you're talking with other petitioners who have the mutual feelings-excitement and anxiety. LOL

Anyone in Abu Dhabi here?

Timeline
9 hours ago, angelou said:

You’re doing fine! Others got bunches of papers because maybe they took so many screenshots and pictures. But all you need is enough proof of your relationship and you’re good to go. :)  When did you file? 

Well our lawyer sent the packet off on January 12th, it then arrived in Dallas on the 16th and was "available for pickup" that same day. And then the 17th it says it was "delivered". I have no clue what that means lol and on top of that our lawyer didn't do us the favor of sending in the e-notification form. So we'll only know what happens via hard copy, unfortunately. Only then I'll be able to get a case number and accompany our case properly.

Timeline
10 hours ago, tehfinch said:

@SilverMonk I think our packet had over 60 pages, but that included copies of all pages in my passport, future travel plans for meetups, screenshots from our whatsapp conversations, copies of our boarding passes from our trip to Mexico for Xmas, and additional attachments for my employment history and his address history. Brazilian addresses were tricky to fit into the form fields, so I ended up with a few "see Attachment A" type entries. 

Btw, where is your fiance from? It's nice to see someone else with a counterpart in Brazil :)

Hello there @tehfinch

Are all pages of the passport required or did you choose to attach all of them?

But actually , I'm the beneficiary and I'm from Minas Gerais, and my fiancée is from Massachusetts. We've been together for 4.5 years now. Let's hope for a speedy process because I had hoped of being there for the summer. But a lot of people are saying that it's taking 10 months or so. I hope that's not the case because it would be hard on us to go a year without seeing each other again.

How about your fiancé ? Where is he from?

Good luck to us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Time for me to get in line...

Thanks for the help of this community in getting my petition done. 

Package went out by Fedex today and will be there Monday morning. 

I’ll post any updates...good luck and Godspeed to all January filers! :)

Duane

01/20/2018 – DAY 000 – I-129F packet sent via FedEx

01/22/2018 – DAY 002 – I-129F packet delivered to Lewisville, TX in AM

01/26/2018 – DAY 005 – I-129F text & e-mail confirmation received, check cashed

02/01/2018 – DAY 011 – I-129F NOA1 hard copy received (postmark 1/29 CA to MI)

09/14/2018 – DAY 237 – "official" I-129F NOA2 approval date per paper NOA2

09/17/2018 – DAY 240 – approval date I-129F NOA2 per phone app and "old" USCIS website

09/18/2018 – DAY 241 – call automated USCIS 1-800 number, approval I-129F confirmed

09/19/2018 – DAY 242 – consult new USCIS website. Updated two days late, but approved!

09/21/2018 – DAY 245 – received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10/01/2018 – DAY 255 – NVC received petition from USCIS and case number assigned

10/16/2018 – DAY 270 – NVC sends case file via DHL to Singapore embassy – CEAC status "In Transit"

10/19/2018 – DAY 273 – per DHL tracking case file received by Singapore embassy (Friday)

10/22/2018 – DAY 276 – status per CEAC website tracker now officially "READY" (Monday)

10/23/2018 – DAY 277 – packet 3 sent out by embassy via registered mail

10/25/2018 – DAY 279 – packet 3 delivered to incorrect address, SingPost mail redirect did not work!

10/29/2018 – DAY 283 – contacted embassy and received tracking information for packet 3

10/30/2018 – DAY 284 – retrieved packet 3 directly from SingPost, returned packet 3 via speedpost

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 3 received by embassy

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 4 e-mail received from embassy – interview date November 20th

11/01/2018 – DAY 286 – medical exam at Fullerton Clinic completed successfully

11/15/2018 – DAY 300 – medical exam report sent by clinic to embassy

11/20/2018 – DAY 305 – interview in embassy PASSED! review here

11/27/2018 – DAY 312 – K-1 visa picked up at Aramex

01/16/2019 – DAY 362 – POE Detroit Metro Airport review here

05/04/2019 – DAY 470 – send AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131)

05/09/2019 – DAY 475 – NOA date I-485 / I-765 / I-131

07/11/2019 – DAY 538 – NOA interview – scheduled for 8/22 Detroit Field Office

Timeline
2 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Hello there @tehfinch

Are all pages of the passport required or did you choose to attach all of them?

But actually , I'm the beneficiary and I'm from Minas Gerais, and my fiancée is from Massachusetts. We've been together for 4.5 years now. Let's hope for a speedy process because I had hoped of being there for the summer. But a lot of people are saying that it's taking 10 months or so. I hope that's not the case because it would be hard on us to go a year without seeing each other again.

How about your fiancé ? Where is he from?

Good luck to us!

I pretty much followed all the instructions on this site - they recommended sending all pages of the petitioner's passport, so that's what I did. I also included the terms of service for the app through which we met. Actually, now that I think about it, with the TOS and a couple of other things our packet was probably ~75 pages. I felt like I wasted so much paper!

My fiancé is currently in MG visiting relatives - he's moved quite a bit, pretty much within the state of Sao Paulo. Right now, he lives in Sorocaba. I don't think I could survive a year without seeing him. We're seeing each other again in about 3 weeks, and that still feels like an eternity. How did you two meet?

Also, I'm wondering if anyone here had a similar issue - my name was legally changed when I was 10. (Side note: don't let your 7 y/o son name your newborn daughter). I sent in a copy of my legally amended birth certificate, passport, driver's license, and social security card. Felt weird to have fill out the "other names used" section even though I've never used my original name as an adult. That was probably fine, right? As in, I provided sufficient proof?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.