2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
32 minutes ago, gvantsa said:

Good afternoon guys.

I just checked my status on USCIS web and this is what I got as an update.

Does it mean they sent me a rfe

I have no idea what to think 😂

Screenshot_20180804-143906_Chrome.jpg

All expedition requests need evidences. So you're probably going to receive a mail telling you how and what to send as evidence.

On 8/4/2018 at 9:18 PM, TNJ17 said:

Ugh I still have no update. How is this an expedite when it’s taking so long? Expedite means faster. 

My congresswoman office got feedback from USCIS last week, paste their email as below: "Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedite queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review".

There are too many people start to expedite EAD/AP, so the approval process starts to slow down a bit, and some cases might involve humanitarian issues, so that's the top top priority.

If it could make you feel any better, there were no updates for my case for almost a month after I requested expedite, and then it showed 'new card is being produced' directly.

I-485/765/131:

06/01/2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP through UPS, received NOA1 on 6/11. Received bio appointment on 6/15 and completed on scheduled date 6/29.

07/06/2018 - Submitted EAD expedite request with job offer, reason was financial loss. Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04. AOS changed to 'Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview' on 7/24.

07/23/2019 - AOS interview was scheduled on 8/27. In the interview USCIS can't make decision because original K1 file got split up somewhere.

11/25/2019 - AOS got approved, received the actual card in mail on 12/2.

I-751:

09/05/2021 - Sent ROC through FedEx, delivered on 9/7, received message e-notification on 9/9 stated case was received, check is cashed on 9/10, NOA1 in mailbox on 9/13.

10/28/2021 - Fingerprints have been taken (Reuse).

01/17/2023 -  Case was transferred To Another Office

01/26/2023 - Case Was Approved

N-400:

08/28/2022 - Submitted N-400 online, NOA1 on 08/29/2022, with estimate time 10 months for decision. Biometrics is reused.

11/23/2022 - Interview was scheduled on 1/11/2023, it was a combo interview for I751/N400. Both cases were verbally approved. System hasn't been updated yet. 

01/26/2023 - Form N-400 recommended to be approved --> Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

02/06/2023 -  Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed, Oath on 2/22

02/22/2023 - Oath Ceremony, applied passport the same day, with estimated receiving date in middle of May. ALL DONE!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Victorolas said:

My congresswoman office got feedback from USCIS last week, paste their email as below: "Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedite queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review".

There are too many people start to expedite EAD/AP, so the approval process starts to slow down a bit, and some cases might involve humanitarian issues, so that's the top top priority.

If it could make you feel any better, there were no updates for my case for almost a month after I requested expedite, and then it showed 'new card is being produced' directly.

Yeah it’s been over a month since I put mine in. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I didn’t expect to see anything this morning. Even though it’s a pleasant surprise, I know that it’s just the computer or the officer going through their standard process. I have not received any e-mail so far but it’s been barely 1 working day. 

B81E4296-0822-423D-8E43-5E4EE3A261EC.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

EAD expires in 11 days and still nothing on my I-765. I’m getting really nervous now. 😩😩

I-751

7/14/20 - Application mailed.

7/17/20 - Application received.

7/24/20 - Text notification received with a WAC number.
7/31/20 - 797 received. Printed on 7/26/20.

1/06/21 - Case transferred.

1/13/21 - Received transfer notice in mail.

1/21/21 - Biometrics applied.

1/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

2/11/21 - Called for an update on my case and was told file is in local office.

2/26/21 - Received interview notice. Printed on 2/22/21.

N-400 - Military Service Based

1/12/21 - Application submitted online; Application received.

1/13/21 - Received IOE electronic receipt notice via email; Biometrics walk-in; Case status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS."

1/19/21 - Received paper receipt notice in the mail.

1/22/21 - Received email from USCIS that a new receipt notice will be issued due to an error on the previous one.

1/26/21 - New receipt notice posted on my online account. 
2/01/21 - New receipt notice arrived in mail. 

2/11/21 - Called for an update on my case and was told file is in local office.

2/19/21 - Case status changed to Interview scheduled.

2/22/21 - Interview notice posted on my online account.

2/26/21 - Received paper interview notice in mail.

3/16/21 - Biometrics Reuse notice posted online.

3/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

3/30/21 - N-400 approved; Same-day oath ceremony. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, thepanda said:

I didn’t expect to see anything this morning. Even though it’s a pleasant surprise, I know that it’s just the computer or the officer going through their standard process. I have not received any e-mail so far but it’s been barely 1 working day. 

B81E4296-0822-423D-8E43-5E4EE3A261EC.jpeg

Yeah mine has been like that for almost a month now. Everyone was getting updates within two weeks. I hope this goes faster at some point. The company that offered me a job isn’t gonna wait very long. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
52 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Yeah mine has been like that for almost a month now. Everyone was getting updates within two weeks. I hope this goes faster at some point. The company that offered me a job isn’t gonna wait very long. 

Ok this is good to know even though it is not the best news. But since most people are apparently getting updates within two weeks, I hope that it is till the case like that. Crossing my fingers for you! 

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, thepanda said:

Ok this is good to know even though it is not the best news. But since most people are apparently getting updates within two weeks, I hope that it is till the case like that. Crossing my fingers for you! 

70% of the time the NBC officers will mail you just to delay the process. Wait 3 days and call to see if they can read the mail out to you its just the generic fax.

after a week approach your congressman.

12 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

70% of the time the NBC officers will mail you just to delay the process. Wait 3 days and call to see if they can read the mail out to you its just the generic fax.

after a week approach your congressman.

Tried this and they wouldn't. Even said L2 couldn't read these letters would have to wait.

Filed: Timeline

I dont know who posted the screenshots or where everyone is in the expediting process- but from my observations/experiences if you got updates that show the following:

1.assigned to an officer 2. response 3 completed

That usually means it was denied. first its assigned to an officer. Then they sent a response (a no), then they close the request (completed).

If you apply for an expedite over the phone its a risk you take. Basically the phone rep takes a min amount of info and submits a request. The Officer then looks at it and sends a 'response'. If they feel your situation (from the limited info they have) qualifies they will send you info on how to submit proof. So number 3 wont say complete. It only shows complete when its done. If its shows complete and you didnt send proof then you were denied before they even saw it.

If you apply through infopass you can give them all your documents when you apply.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Damara said:

I dont know who posted the screenshots or where everyone is in the expediting process- but from my observations/experiences if you got updates that show the following:

1.assigned to an officer 2. response 3 completed

That usually means it was denied. first its assigned to an officer. Then they sent a response (a no), then they close the request (completed).

If you apply for an expedite over the phone its a risk you take. Basically the phone rep takes a min amount of info and submits a request. The Officer then looks at it and sends a 'response'. If they feel your situation (from the limited info they have) qualifies they will send you info on how to submit proof. So number 3 wont say complete. It only shows complete when its done. If its shows complete and you didnt send proof then you were denied before they even saw it.

If you apply through infopass you can give them all your documents when you apply.

That's probably not true. I've received twice the "assigned to an officer/response/completed" messages and I got approved. A lot of people who filed for expedition requests here on the forum also have filed for and gotten approved for expedition requests have also received the messages.

Depending on your local field offices, some offices take forever to get an appointment at infopass and chances are they won't assist with your expedition.

Filed: Timeline

Well if you are approved you also get the same 1-2-3 descriptions.

What Im saying is if you have the message "completed" and you didnt send proof you may have gotten denied. Ive never heard of an infopass refusing to assist in filing an expedite. Its one of the things they offer at infopass.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Damara said:

Well if you are approved you also get the same 1-2-3 descriptions.

What Im saying is if you have the message "completed" and you didnt send proof you may have gotten denied. Ive never heard of an infopass refusing to assist in filing an expedite. Its one of the things they offer at infopass.

I've received the messages "completed" since they sent me a mail requesting evidence. 

And I went for an infopass before I called to expedite. The lady there told me she couldn't file an expedition for me and I didn't have a choice but to call.

I'm not discouraging people from going. It's just in my case, the infopass didn't work at all. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.