2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have been searching through this forum and did not find any topics that discussed EAD Expedite cases where USCIS has requested Proof. Share your experience and timeline here so we can get a better idea about how long it takes and what is the success rate. You can track mine in my signature.

I requested EAD expedite review under Severe Financial Loss and I provided a letter from my employer to prove it. It has been 9 days since I faxed my letter and no change so far...

Edited by kvito28

Wish I had an answer, but my husband is under the same circumstance. We faxed his job offer to them on 2/6  - Still no updates. We got our Congressman, Senator and the Ombudsman involved. Still no updates. We also called the USCIS to confirm if they had received the fax and they said they couldn't show this information and that we'd hear something in 60 days (so basically a standard non-response response).  It's hard to not be a bit paranoid that the fax didn't go through. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, QueenoftheThrow said:

Wish I had an answer, but my husband is under the same circumstance. We faxed his job offer to them on 2/6  - Still no updates. We got our Congressman, Senator and the Ombudsman involved. Still no updates. We also called the USCIS to confirm if they had received the fax and they said they couldn't show this information and that we'd hear something in 60 days (so basically a standard non-response response).  It's hard to not be a bit paranoid that the fax didn't go through. 

I faxed them documents on Feb 12. It was showing the same message back then but said complete. Now it got re-opened and it also says:

As of February 22, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number OVP039*******MSC, is on hold while we request your case file

i have been reading a lot and people say this generally means all is good with paperwork and the officer need to take a look at the entire file before approval. People get approved in about a week or so after such action.

I highly recommend reaching out to all institutions... Congressman, Senator and Ombudsman. I personally called and explained my situation and they have been helpful, in fact the senator's office put it some sort of extra request and they also sent me a copy of it.

Edited by kvito28

Oh wow! That's a good sign. 

Ours still hasn't been updated since 2/6 after the initial "completed" response where we sent in the fax. So basically no new case updates since then.  We reached out to all 3 parties and explained via phone, faxed a cover letter with explanation, job offer, etc to all three.  Our Congressman replied back that they reached out to try to push along with USCIS but we haven't heard anything since. I'm not sure if it's worth opening a SR with USCIS or trying to call again. 

Very frustrating, but I've seen some posts from people who had followed these steps several weeks prior and had just received approval last week, so I'm hopeful it'll be soon!

Timeline
Just now, QueenoftheThrow said:

Oh wow! That's a good sign. 

Ours still hasn't been updated since 2/6 after the initial "completed" response where we sent in the fax. So basically no new case updates since then.  We reached out to all 3 parties and explained via phone, faxed a cover letter with explanation, job offer, etc to all three.  Our Congressman replied back that they reached out to try to push along with USCIS but we haven't heard anything since. I'm not sure if it's worth opening a SR with USCIS or trying to call again. 

Very frustrating, but I've seen some posts from people who had followed these steps several weeks prior and had just received approval last week, so I'm hopeful it'll be soon!

I also sent the USCIS fax 3 times just in case. For the last one that I sent 2 days ago, I put TIME SENSITIVE in Red on the cover letter and detailed explanation of everything once again. I used colors and all application and referral numbers too. <<< Tier 2 officer suggested this. Give it a shot. Hope we all get it soon!

hi im in the same boat too. i call uscis to expedite my EAD on financial loss due a pending job offer, they send me a letter requesting the job offer letter it took me like 3 days to send the information by the fax they give me because the fax number was always busy, on the 3rd day i call USCIS and explain my situation they put me on hold( in the time i was on hold i try to send the fax again and finally i could send it :) ) and send my call to a supervisor or T2, the supervisor took a time looking in my case he say that they received my fingerprints completed on January 3 ( my bio metrics appointment was on January 2 that means it just took 1 day to clear my information on the FBI) he says to that my case was assign to an officer on February 6 i ask him if there is a way to see if they received the fax i send he says no. Anyway when i finish talking whit him i call to my congressman office requesting for help they took my email and send me a release form that i have t signed and send all the information to them by fax to; i send my job offer, my bio metrics appointment letter , the letter from USCIS requesting my job offer, my last bank statement and a letter explaining my situation. sow know i will have to wait and see whats gonna happen.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JJBUI3 said:

hi im in the same boat too. i call uscis to expedite my EAD on financial loss due a pending job offer, they send me a letter requesting the job offer letter it took me like 3 days to send the information by the fax they give me because the fax number was always busy, on the 3rd day i call USCIS and explain my situation they put me on hold( in the time i was on hold i try to send the fax again and finally i could send it :) ) and send my call to a supervisor or T2, the supervisor took a time looking in my case he say that they received my fingerprints completed on January 3 ( my bio metrics appointment was on January 2 that means it just took 1 day to clear my information on the FBI) he says to that my case was assign to an officer on February 6 i ask him if there is a way to see if they received the fax i send he says no. Anyway when i finish talking whit him i call to my congressman office requesting for help they took my email and send me a release form that i have t signed and send all the information to them by fax to; i send my job offer, my bio metrics appointment letter , the letter from USCIS requesting my job offer, my last bank statement and a letter explaining my situation. sow know i will have to wait and see whats gonna happen.

So your case got re-assigned to an officer on February 6 and this was after you sent them Fax? If that is the case, it means that now this final process also takes really long. From what I have read, people get approved within a week after USCIS receives FAX and your case gets re-assigned to an officer. 

17 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

So your case got re-assigned to an officer on February 6 and this was after you sent them Fax? If that is the case, it means that now this final process also takes really long. From what I have read, people get approved within a week after USCIS receives FAX and your case gets re-assigned to an officer. 

sorry i forgot to put my timeline.

i filled on December 6 2017

Biometrics app January 2 2018

EAD expedite Request January 30 2018

Letter from USCIS asking prof of job offer February 10 2018

i call my congressman on February 13

send all the information to my congressman on February 15.2018.

Timeline
Just now, JJBUI3 said:

sorry i forgot to put my timeline.

i filled on December 6 2017

Biometrics app January 2 2018

EAD expedite Request January 30 2018

Letter from USCIS asking prof of job offer February 10 2018

i call my congressman on February 13

send all the information to my congressman on February 15.2018.

What have been changes in your case history? what does it show now?

2 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

What have been changes in your case history? what does it show now?

Case History

• 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

On January 30, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T*****SC, was completed.

• 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

On January 30, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T******SC.

• 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

On January 30, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T******SC, was assigned to an officer for response.

only when i request my expedite nothing else so far

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JJBUI3 said:

Case History

• 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

On January 30, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T*****SC, was completed.

• 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

On January 30, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T******SC.

• 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

On January 30, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T******SC, was assigned to an officer for response.

only when i request my expedite nothing else so far

Mine showed 3 lines like that and then changed it to this today:

• 02/22/2018
    sign_icon.png

On February 22, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number OVP039*******MSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

• 02/12/2018
    sign_icon.png

On February 12, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number OVP039*******MSC.

It also shows:

As of February 22, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number OVP039*******MSC, is on hold while we request your case file.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JJBUI3 said:
9 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

i think that you will be aproved if not today, tomorrow or after tomorrow

I really hope so! My EAD expired yesterday!!

No major updates, but I did try to resend the fax with "URGENT/TIME SENSITIVE" written at the top in red.  I guess it can't hurt?

But I did hear back from our Congressman today, who forwarded a correspondence from USCIS which said something along the lines of:

"This case will be routed for expedited processing. Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedited queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review. The strict enforcement of the expedite criteria means that all cases sent for expeditious handling are urgent, and we assure you that this case will be adjucated as soon as possible."

Basically, what we already know...which is A LOT of people are trying to expedite.  So even the expedited process is taking longer than it used to.  Guess all we can do is continue to wait..

Timeline
4 hours ago, QueenoftheThrow said:

No major updates, but I did try to resend the fax with "URGENT/TIME SENSITIVE" written at the top in red.  I guess it can't hurt?

But I did hear back from our Congressman today, who forwarded a correspondence from USCIS which said something along the lines of:

"This case will be routed for expedited processing. Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedited queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review. The strict enforcement of the expedite criteria means that all cases sent for expeditious handling are urgent, and we assure you that this case will be adjucated as soon as possible."

Basically, what we already know...which is A LOT of people are trying to expedite.  So even the expedited process is taking longer than it used to.  Guess all we can do is continue to wait..

It certainly won't hurt!

yeah, seems like they got lots of expedite requests. Hope we get it soon! I still have not hear from senator or ombudsman...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.