Jump to content

1,456 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

 

 I have been searching through this forum and did not find any topics that discussed EAD Expedite cases where USCIS has requested Proof. Share your experience and timeline here so we can get a better idea about how long it takes and what is the success rate. You can track mine in my signature.

 

I requested EAD expedite review under Severe Financial Loss and I provided a letter from my employer to prove it. It has been 9 days since I faxed my letter and no change so far...

Edited by kvito28

 

1/17/2018 AOS sent I-130, I-485 and I-765

1/19/2018 AOS package received Chicago USCIS [Priority Date]

1/24/2018 Email and text notification received

1/25/2018 Checks cashed

1/29/2018 NOA1

1/30/2018 Expedite Request on EAD

2/2/2018 Expedite Request cannot be completed without biometrics [ e-mail]

2/2/2018 Biometrics Appointment Letter in mail

2/2/2018 Biometrics done (early walk in)

2/8/2018 Second EAD expedite request submitted.

2/12/2018 Received E-mail notification requesting employment termination letter.

2/12/2018 Fax sent for Employment termination letter.

2/22/2018 Case is assigned to an officer. Case is currently on hold while they request case file (Only applies to expedite request).

2/28/2018 "We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly." (20 days since expeditious request was submitted...)

3/1/2018 EAD Approved! (Day 41)

3/6 "EAD Was Mailed to Me"

3/9 EAD in Hand

7/24 Interview Scheduled Notice

8/22 Green Card approved at the interview

9/24 Congressional Inquiry

9/25 Card is Being Produced 

9/25 Case Was Approved

9/27 Card Was Mailed to Me

9/29/2018 Green Card In Hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish I had an answer, but my husband is under the same circumstance. We faxed his job offer to them on 2/6  - Still no updates. We got our Congressman, Senator and the Ombudsman involved. Still no updates. We also called the USCIS to confirm if they had received the fax and they said they couldn't show this information and that we'd hear something in 60 days (so basically a standard non-response response).  It's hard to not be a bit paranoid that the fax didn't go through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, QueenoftheThrow said:

Wish I had an answer, but my husband is under the same circumstance. We faxed his job offer to them on 2/6  - Still no updates. We got our Congressman, Senator and the Ombudsman involved. Still no updates. We also called the USCIS to confirm if they had received the fax and they said they couldn't show this information and that we'd hear something in 60 days (so basically a standard non-response response).  It's hard to not be a bit paranoid that the fax didn't go through. 

I faxed them documents on Feb 12. It was showing the same message back then but said complete. Now it got re-opened and it also says:

 

As of February 22, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number OVP039*******MSC, is on hold while we request your case file

 

i have been reading a lot and people say this generally means all is good with paperwork and the officer need to take a look at the entire file before approval. People get approved in about a week or so after such action.

 

I highly recommend reaching out to all institutions... Congressman, Senator and Ombudsman. I personally called and explained my situation and they have been helpful, in fact the senator's office put it some sort of extra request and they also sent me a copy of it.

 

 

 

 

Edited by kvito28

 

1/17/2018 AOS sent I-130, I-485 and I-765

1/19/2018 AOS package received Chicago USCIS [Priority Date]

1/24/2018 Email and text notification received

1/25/2018 Checks cashed

1/29/2018 NOA1

1/30/2018 Expedite Request on EAD

2/2/2018 Expedite Request cannot be completed without biometrics [ e-mail]

2/2/2018 Biometrics Appointment Letter in mail

2/2/2018 Biometrics done (early walk in)

2/8/2018 Second EAD expedite request submitted.

2/12/2018 Received E-mail notification requesting employment termination letter.

2/12/2018 Fax sent for Employment termination letter.

2/22/2018 Case is assigned to an officer. Case is currently on hold while they request case file (Only applies to expedite request).

2/28/2018 "We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly." (20 days since expeditious request was submitted...)

3/1/2018 EAD Approved! (Day 41)

3/6 "EAD Was Mailed to Me"

3/9 EAD in Hand

7/24 Interview Scheduled Notice

8/22 Green Card approved at the interview

9/24 Congressional Inquiry

9/25 Card is Being Produced 

9/25 Case Was Approved

9/27 Card Was Mailed to Me

9/29/2018 Green Card In Hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow! That's a good sign. 

Ours still hasn't been updated since 2/6 after the initial "completed" response where we sent in the fax. So basically no new case updates since then.  We reached out to all 3 parties and explained via phone, faxed a cover letter with explanation, job offer, etc to all three.  Our Congressman replied back that they reached out to try to push along with USCIS but we haven't heard anything since. I'm not sure if it's worth opening a SR with USCIS or trying to call again. 

Very frustrating, but I've seen some posts from people who had followed these steps several weeks prior and had just received approval last week, so I'm hopeful it'll be soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, QueenoftheThrow said:

Oh wow! That's a good sign. 

Ours still hasn't been updated since 2/6 after the initial "completed" response where we sent in the fax. So basically no new case updates since then.  We reached out to all 3 parties and explained via phone, faxed a cover letter with explanation, job offer, etc to all three.  Our Congressman replied back that they reached out to try to push along with USCIS but we haven't heard anything since. I'm not sure if it's worth opening a SR with USCIS or trying to call again. 

Very frustrating, but I've seen some posts from people who had followed these steps several weeks prior and had just received approval last week, so I'm hopeful it'll be soon!

I also sent the USCIS fax 3 times just in case. For the last one that I sent 2 days ago, I put TIME SENSITIVE in Red on the cover letter and detailed explanation of everything once again. I used colors and all application and referral numbers too. <<< Tier 2 officer suggested this. Give it a shot. Hope we all get it soon!


 

1/17/2018 AOS sent I-130, I-485 and I-765

1/19/2018 AOS package received Chicago USCIS [Priority Date]

1/24/2018 Email and text notification received

1/25/2018 Checks cashed

1/29/2018 NOA1

1/30/2018 Expedite Request on EAD

2/2/2018 Expedite Request cannot be completed without biometrics [ e-mail]

2/2/2018 Biometrics Appointment Letter in mail

2/2/2018 Biometrics done (early walk in)

2/8/2018 Second EAD expedite request submitted.

2/12/2018 Received E-mail notification requesting employment termination letter.

2/12/2018 Fax sent for Employment termination letter.

2/22/2018 Case is assigned to an officer. Case is currently on hold while they request case file (Only applies to expedite request).

2/28/2018 "We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly." (20 days since expeditious request was submitted...)

3/1/2018 EAD Approved! (Day 41)

3/6 "EAD Was Mailed to Me"

3/9 EAD in Hand

7/24 Interview Scheduled Notice

8/22 Green Card approved at the interview

9/24 Congressional Inquiry

9/25 Card is Being Produced 

9/25 Case Was Approved

9/27 Card Was Mailed to Me

9/29/2018 Green Card In Hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi im in the same boat too. i call uscis to expedite my EAD on financial loss due a pending job offer, they send me a letter requesting the job offer letter it took me like 3 days to send the information by the fax they give me because the fax number was always busy, on the 3rd day i call USCIS and explain my situation they put me on hold( in the time i was on hold i try to send the fax again and finally i could send it :) ) and send my call to a supervisor or T2, the supervisor took a time looking in my case he say that they received my fingerprints completed on January 3 ( my bio metrics appointment was on January 2 that means it just took 1 day to clear my information on the FBI) he says to that my case was assign to an officer on February 6 i ask him if there is a way to see if they received the fax i send he says no. Anyway when i finish talking whit him i call to my congressman office requesting for help they took my email and send me a release form that i have t signed and send all the information to them by fax to; i send my job offer, my bio metrics appointment letter , the letter from USCIS requesting my job offer, my last bank statement and a letter explaining my situation. sow know i will have to wait and see whats gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JJBUI3 said:

hi im in the same boat too. i call uscis to expedite my EAD on financial loss due a pending job offer, they send me a letter requesting the job offer letter it took me like 3 days to send the information by the fax they give me because the fax number was always busy, on the 3rd day i call USCIS and explain my situation they put me on hold( in the time i was on hold i try to send the fax again and finally i could send it :) ) and send my call to a supervisor or T2, the supervisor took a time looking in my case he say that they received my fingerprints completed on January 3 ( my bio metrics appointment was on January 2 that means it just took 1 day to clear my information on the FBI) he says to that my case was assign to an officer on February 6 i ask him if there is a way to see if they received the fax i send he says no. Anyway when i finish talking whit him i call to my congressman office requesting for help they took my email and send me a release form that i have t signed and send all the information to them by fax to; i send my job offer, my bio metrics appointment letter , the letter from USCIS requesting my job offer, my last bank statement and a letter explaining my situation. sow know i will have to wait and see whats gonna happen.

So your case got re-assigned to an officer on February 6 and this was after you sent them Fax? If that is the case, it means that now this final process also takes really long. From what I have read, people get approved within a week after USCIS receives FAX and your case gets re-assigned to an officer. 


 

1/17/2018 AOS sent I-130, I-485 and I-765

1/19/2018 AOS package received Chicago USCIS [Priority Date]

1/24/2018 Email and text notification received

1/25/2018 Checks cashed

1/29/2018 NOA1

1/30/2018 Expedite Request on EAD

2/2/2018 Expedite Request cannot be completed without biometrics [ e-mail]

2/2/2018 Biometrics Appointment Letter in mail

2/2/2018 Biometrics done (early walk in)

2/8/2018 Second EAD expedite request submitted.

2/12/2018 Received E-mail notification requesting employment termination letter.

2/12/2018 Fax sent for Employment termination letter.

2/22/2018 Case is assigned to an officer. Case is currently on hold while they request case file (Only applies to expedite request).

2/28/2018 "We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly." (20 days since expeditious request was submitted...)

3/1/2018 EAD Approved! (Day 41)

3/6 "EAD Was Mailed to Me"

3/9 EAD in Hand

7/24 Interview Scheduled Notice

8/22 Green Card approved at the interview

9/24 Congressional Inquiry

9/25 Card is Being Produced 

9/25 Case Was Approved

9/27 Card Was Mailed to Me

9/29/2018 Green Card In Hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

So your case got re-assigned to an officer on February 6 and this was after you sent them Fax? If that is the case, it means that now this final process also takes really long. From what I have read, people get approved within a week after USCIS receives FAX and your case gets re-assigned to an officer. 

sorry i forgot to put my timeline.

 i filled on December 6 2017

Biometrics app January 2 2018

EAD expedite Request January 30 2018

Letter from USCIS asking prof of job offer February 10 2018

i call my congressman on February 13

send all the information to my congressman on February 15.2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JJBUI3 said:

sorry i forgot to put my timeline.

 i filled on December 6 2017

Biometrics app January 2 2018

EAD expedite Request January 30 2018

Letter from USCIS asking prof of job offer February 10 2018

i call my congressman on February 13

send all the information to my congressman on February 15.2018.

What have been changes in your case history? what does it show now?


 

1/17/2018 AOS sent I-130, I-485 and I-765

1/19/2018 AOS package received Chicago USCIS [Priority Date]

1/24/2018 Email and text notification received

1/25/2018 Checks cashed

1/29/2018 NOA1

1/30/2018 Expedite Request on EAD

2/2/2018 Expedite Request cannot be completed without biometrics [ e-mail]

2/2/2018 Biometrics Appointment Letter in mail

2/2/2018 Biometrics done (early walk in)

2/8/2018 Second EAD expedite request submitted.

2/12/2018 Received E-mail notification requesting employment termination letter.

2/12/2018 Fax sent for Employment termination letter.

2/22/2018 Case is assigned to an officer. Case is currently on hold while they request case file (Only applies to expedite request).

2/28/2018 "We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly." (20 days since expeditious request was submitted...)

3/1/2018 EAD Approved! (Day 41)

3/6 "EAD Was Mailed to Me"

3/9 EAD in Hand

7/24 Interview Scheduled Notice

8/22 Green Card approved at the interview

9/24 Congressional Inquiry

9/25 Card is Being Produced 

9/25 Case Was Approved

9/27 Card Was Mailed to Me

9/29/2018 Green Card In Hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

What have been changes in your case history? what does it show now?

Case History

  • 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

    On January 30, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T*****SC, was completed.

  • 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

    On January 30, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T******SC.

  • 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

    On January 30, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T******SC, was assigned to an officer for response.

     

    only when i request my expedite nothing else so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JJBUI3 said:

Case History

  • 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

    On January 30, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T*****SC, was completed.

  • 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

    On January 30, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T******SC.

  • 01/30/2018
    sign_icon.png

    On January 30, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T******SC, was assigned to an officer for response.

     

    only when i request my expedite nothing else so far

Mine showed 3 lines like that and then changed it to this today:

 

  • 02/22/2018
    sign_icon.png

    On February 22, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number OVP039*******MSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

  • 02/12/2018
    sign_icon.png

    On February 12, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number OVP039*******MSC.

     

    It also shows:

     

     

    As of February 22, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number OVP039*******MSC, is on hold while we request your case file.

     

     


 

1/17/2018 AOS sent I-130, I-485 and I-765

1/19/2018 AOS package received Chicago USCIS [Priority Date]

1/24/2018 Email and text notification received

1/25/2018 Checks cashed

1/29/2018 NOA1

1/30/2018 Expedite Request on EAD

2/2/2018 Expedite Request cannot be completed without biometrics [ e-mail]

2/2/2018 Biometrics Appointment Letter in mail

2/2/2018 Biometrics done (early walk in)

2/8/2018 Second EAD expedite request submitted.

2/12/2018 Received E-mail notification requesting employment termination letter.

2/12/2018 Fax sent for Employment termination letter.

2/22/2018 Case is assigned to an officer. Case is currently on hold while they request case file (Only applies to expedite request).

2/28/2018 "We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly." (20 days since expeditious request was submitted...)

3/1/2018 EAD Approved! (Day 41)

3/6 "EAD Was Mailed to Me"

3/9 EAD in Hand

7/24 Interview Scheduled Notice

8/22 Green Card approved at the interview

9/24 Congressional Inquiry

9/25 Card is Being Produced 

9/25 Case Was Approved

9/27 Card Was Mailed to Me

9/29/2018 Green Card In Hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JJBUI3 said:
9 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

i think that you will be aproved if not today, tomorrow or after tomorrow

I really hope so! My EAD expired yesterday!!


 

1/17/2018 AOS sent I-130, I-485 and I-765

1/19/2018 AOS package received Chicago USCIS [Priority Date]

1/24/2018 Email and text notification received

1/25/2018 Checks cashed

1/29/2018 NOA1

1/30/2018 Expedite Request on EAD

2/2/2018 Expedite Request cannot be completed without biometrics [ e-mail]

2/2/2018 Biometrics Appointment Letter in mail

2/2/2018 Biometrics done (early walk in)

2/8/2018 Second EAD expedite request submitted.

2/12/2018 Received E-mail notification requesting employment termination letter.

2/12/2018 Fax sent for Employment termination letter.

2/22/2018 Case is assigned to an officer. Case is currently on hold while they request case file (Only applies to expedite request).

2/28/2018 "We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly." (20 days since expeditious request was submitted...)

3/1/2018 EAD Approved! (Day 41)

3/6 "EAD Was Mailed to Me"

3/9 EAD in Hand

7/24 Interview Scheduled Notice

8/22 Green Card approved at the interview

9/24 Congressional Inquiry

9/25 Card is Being Produced 

9/25 Case Was Approved

9/27 Card Was Mailed to Me

9/29/2018 Green Card In Hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No major updates, but I did try to resend the fax with "URGENT/TIME SENSITIVE" written at the top in red.  I guess it can't hurt?

 

But I did hear back from our Congressman today, who forwarded a correspondence from USCIS which said something along the lines of:

"This case will be routed for expedited processing. Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedited queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review. The strict enforcement of the expedite criteria means that all cases sent for expeditious handling are urgent, and we assure you that this case will be adjucated as soon as possible."

 

Basically, what we already know...which is A LOT of people are trying to expedite.  So even the expedited process is taking longer than it used to.  Guess all we can do is continue to wait..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, QueenoftheThrow said:

No major updates, but I did try to resend the fax with "URGENT/TIME SENSITIVE" written at the top in red.  I guess it can't hurt?

 

But I did hear back from our Congressman today, who forwarded a correspondence from USCIS which said something along the lines of:

"This case will be routed for expedited processing. Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for this case type, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedited queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review. The strict enforcement of the expedite criteria means that all cases sent for expeditious handling are urgent, and we assure you that this case will be adjucated as soon as possible."

 

Basically, what we already know...which is A LOT of people are trying to expedite.  So even the expedited process is taking longer than it used to.  Guess all we can do is continue to wait..

It certainly won't hurt!

 

yeah, seems like they got lots of expedite requests. Hope we get it soon! I still have not hear from senator or ombudsman...


 

1/17/2018 AOS sent I-130, I-485 and I-765

1/19/2018 AOS package received Chicago USCIS [Priority Date]

1/24/2018 Email and text notification received

1/25/2018 Checks cashed

1/29/2018 NOA1

1/30/2018 Expedite Request on EAD

2/2/2018 Expedite Request cannot be completed without biometrics [ e-mail]

2/2/2018 Biometrics Appointment Letter in mail

2/2/2018 Biometrics done (early walk in)

2/8/2018 Second EAD expedite request submitted.

2/12/2018 Received E-mail notification requesting employment termination letter.

2/12/2018 Fax sent for Employment termination letter.

2/22/2018 Case is assigned to an officer. Case is currently on hold while they request case file (Only applies to expedite request).

2/28/2018 "We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly." (20 days since expeditious request was submitted...)

3/1/2018 EAD Approved! (Day 41)

3/6 "EAD Was Mailed to Me"

3/9 EAD in Hand

7/24 Interview Scheduled Notice

8/22 Green Card approved at the interview

9/24 Congressional Inquiry

9/25 Card is Being Produced 

9/25 Case Was Approved

9/27 Card Was Mailed to Me

9/29/2018 Green Card In Hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...