2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, QN&CD said:

Oh I see, Feinstein is the CA senator while Eric is the local congressman. Thanks. Should I just directly call them or email them? 

First goto their site and look at the forms you going to fill out. Then call them and say hey where can i email all the signed/scanned forms.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

First goto their site and look at the forms you going to fill out. Then call them and say hey where can i email all the signed/scanned forms.

The form tells you where to fax or email it. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, gvantsa said:

I got email this morning to fax my documents. Does anyone have the same update? Is fax working for them business hours? I am planning to fax everything tmrw morning at 8am. Any suggestions for fax? Better use online right?

Thanks people

You already got an email? 😞 I’m still waiting. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, gvantsa said:

I got email this morning to fax my documents. Does anyone have the same update? Is fax working for them business hours? I am planning to fax everything tmrw morning at 8am. Any suggestions for fax? Better use online right?

Thanks people

goodluck trying to fax. I've faxed my wife's documents at least 200 times within 5 days and all came back as unsuccessful because it was always busy. Tried morning, noon, afternoon, evening, and it was all the same. I sent a copy of the documents to the return address of the letter they sent me on 07/27/18 though and I continued to fax them until it was successful on Aug 1st 8am PST.

K-1 Visa Timeline @ California Service Center  

03/19/17: Proposed @ Philippines  

03/28/17: Mailed I-129F Application via USPS Priority Mail to Texas Lockbox

04/03/17: Application was received

04/06/17: NOA1 Issued | Check cashed date

04/14/17: NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/04/17: NOA2 (126 days from NOA1)

08/10/17: NOA2 Hardcopy Received

08/17/17: NVC Received Case

08/18/17: MNL Case # Assigned

09/05-06/17: St Lukes Medical

09/12/17: US Embassy Interview

09/18/17: Received Passport with Visa

XX/XX/17: CFO Seminar

11/26/17: POE

12/16/17: Married in Los Angeles

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

05/12/18: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago PO Box  

05/20/18: NOA1 Text Message

05/25/18: Received NOA1 Letters

06/02/18: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

06/02/18: Received RFE #1

06/13/18: Biometrics Appointment @ Los Angeles 

07/11/18: Called to Expedite EAD due to financial loss

07/24/18: Received EAD Expedite Letter with it dated on 07/14/18

08/01/18: Successfully faxed EAD Expedite Documents to Fax # (Tried faxing for 5 days)

08/10/18: Replied and mailed RFE #1

08/14/18: Mailed letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein regarding Expedited EAD

10/22/18: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

07/17/19: Received Text Message that case was scheduled for interview

07/21/19: Received Letter for Appointment Date/Time

08/21/19: Interview @ SLC USCIS and approved. Later that night, received notification that card is being produced.

08/22/19: Received email that card is being mailed.

Timeline

The BEST  thing just happened.... I checked  this morning and still NO updates since 7/26. Just randomly checked again and this:

my_logo.png

New Card Is Being Produced

On August 9, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AmbMar18 said:

The BEST  thing just happened.... I checked  this morning and still NO updates since 7/26. Just randomly checked again and this:

my_logo.png

New Card Is Being Produced

On August 9, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCXXXXXX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Thats so awesome! congrats!

What day did you send your paperwork?

AOS Timeline

08/01/18: Successfully faxed EAD Expedite Documents to Fax # (Tried faxing for 5 days)

08/21/19: Interview @ SLC USCIS and approved. Later that night, received notification that card is being produced.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, asaeljethro said:

Thats so awesome! congrats!

What day did you send your paperwork?

Sorry here is our timeline for all of those interested. Our NOA1 date was June 4th 

he did his biometrics on June 29th

on July 24th we switched over to ready for interview

For EAD we reached out to our congressman's office on July 19th. They called us a few days later saying, sorry nothing we can do they aren't accepting expedite request right now. Which I knew was a lie. So I reached out to USCIS directly on July 25th. Spoke to a very nice guy there who I feel like probably played a huge part in this because it sounded like he was actually listening and cared. He said he will forward the request and hopefully someone will reach out within 5 days. The next day we got an email asking to submit evidence. I typed up a letter explaining the situation and supplied financial proof. I faxed it that night, went through first try (got lucky here). On Tuesday I reached out to my Senators office by sending them an email asking them to inquire for us. NOW I would say this is what helped. But I actually called there this morning after checking my status online a few hours ago with still no change, and because I hadn't heard back from my email to the senator and they said sorry, we don't see it, please resend and also fax. So I refax to Senators office. Message my husband about how this whole process really has me down but at the end of the day we have eachother and our health and lets focus on that for now. 

Then I don't know what made me want to check again, but I did and the status had changed to this!! :)

Timeline
5 hours ago, gvantsa said:

Yes dear. I submitted new expedite on 7th and woke up to an email

I wonder if I should call them tomorrow or if I should call them on Monday. Tomorrow will be the 5th business day. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, thepanda said:

I wonder if I should call them tomorrow or if I should call them on Monday. Tomorrow will be the 5th business day. 

I sent u message check it out :)

Timeline

So, I called USCIS today to figure out what is going out. Turns out that they mailed my letter to me first thing on Monday and that it is coming all the way from Missouri. So I have to wait for it to arrive. The customer rep was very nice and read the letter out to me, so I know where it has to go to. I am relieved to know that they are asking for additional information and that it is not a denial. 

I was also connected to a tier 2 officer who told me that she is not able to e-mail that letter and that I should wait a couple of days for the letter to arrive. Good enough for me. I'll finish my paperwork today and as soon as I have the letter I can start faxing right away. It took another user about 10 days so I assume that mine will either arrive end of next week or the Monday after. A little frustrating because I am losing 2 weeks but nothing I can do about it. 

This also proves that those status updates do not mean that it is a denial as a previous user has mentioned. 

@A&H2018 You mentioned that we should our W2 if we have them. Can you explain to me again why it could help? Thanks!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, thepanda said:

So, I called USCIS today to figure out what is going out. Turns out that they mailed my letter to me first thing on Monday and that it is coming all the way from Missouri. So I have to wait for it to arrive. The customer rep was very nice and read the letter out to me, so I know where it has to go to. I am relieved to know that they are asking for additional information and that it is not a denial. 

I was also connected to a tier 2 officer who told me that she is not able to e-mail that letter and that I should wait a couple of days for the letter to arrive. Good enough for me. I'll finish my paperwork today and as soon as I have the letter I can start faxing right away. It took another user about 10 days so I assume that mine will either arrive end of next week or the Monday after. A little frustrating because I am losing 2 weeks but nothing I can do about it. 

This also proves that those status updates do not mean that it is a denial as a previous user has mentioned. 

@A&H2018 You mentioned that we should our W2 if we have them. Can you explain to me again why it could help? Thanks!

do you know what additional information they need since she read the letter to you?

AOS Timeline

Timeline
2 minutes ago, asaeljethro said:

do you know what additional information they need since she read the letter to you?

No, he skipped over that part. It is a generic mail I assume, so it most likely will say the exact same thing as in your letter. Unless your letter is asking for anything specific. 

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, thepanda said:

No, he skipped over that part. It is a generic mail I assume, so it most likely will say the exact same thing as in your letter. Unless your letter is asking for anything specific. 

Yes its generic, just the Team and Officer # is unique and needed for your fax. 90% of NBC officers refuse to use email, lord knows why.

Congressman rep said currently "job offers" alone are not taken seriously. Adding W2/Taxes/budgets show you have a history of working and paying taxes and you would like to do it again. Just depends how your cover letter is written and how you want to use your supporting evidence.

Again the #1 evidence is a letter of how crucial you are from the employer with the job offer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.