AshMarty

Immigration Negotiations Updates

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Updates on revisions on immigration discussions: 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/trump-immigration-proposal-draws-mixed-reactions-from-both-parties

It would be interesting to see more details on this negotiation, if anyone has them. 

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

3 minutes ago, AshMarty said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/trump-immigration-proposal-draws-mixed-reactions-from-both-parties

It would be interesting to see more details on this negotiation, if anyone has them. 

I would love to hear them as well because there will be a lot of negotiations back and forth on both sides. But I do think it is a fair trade though on Trump's side. It looks like he is seeing how far the Dems will go and how much they really care about the Dreamers. Because he is willing to give them what they want if they do XYZ which is understandable.

Filed: Other Timeline

though now the Dems would have to think about agreeing to spend USD25 billion for a wall (that Dems and a lot of other people think is useless) which Trump promised to be paid by Mexico (and from the beginning people have said Mexico wont pay a dime).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, abumiqdad said:

though now the Dems would have to think about agreeing to spend USD25 billion for a wall (that Dems and a lot of other people think is useless) which Trump promised to be paid by Mexico (and from the beginning people have said Mexico wont pay a dime).

Well yes, then there is the wall issue....But Republicans offering a pathway to citizenship for Dreamers might make that worth it to them. I guess we will find out.

I feel like there is a Republican negotiation and then a Democrats negotiation.... then there is Trump.

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

11 minutes ago, abumiqdad said:

Ok, Mexico may say that all they want but all they have to do is put a small tax on the remittances going to Mexico to help pay for it. It's pretty simple to think about if you look beyond the rhetoric and talking points on both sides.

Just read some of the updates. Wow. If it wasn't for Trump requesting funds for the wall that bill would be on its way to be signed. He is pretty much willing to give nearly 2mil dreamers a path to citizenship.

If the Repubs and Trump somehow decides to only ask for funding to expand ICE and remove the sibling and parent categories instead of the including the wall... I can very much see the bill being passed.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

as long as they do not ask for extra taxes from people, by all means build the wall! like others have said the US is wasting a lot of money on other things, take the money from there.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

a

7 hours ago, AshMarty said:

I doubt if I would ever in my life understand why dems are all for illegal immigration. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, mcdull said:

a

I doubt if I would ever in my life understand why dems are all for illegal immigration. 

Because they are peddling to the far left of the party . Its hip to be for "dreamers" (hate that term) and illegal immigrants. It fits into there own made up narrative that they (illegal immigrants) are somehow being taken advantage of and so poor and also because most of them are "brown". 

Lefties always love to think they are morally right or have the moral high ground. Then when they paint all the dreamers as poor brown people disadvantaged and all studying to become doctors, lawyers, nurses etc... fighting the mean republicans who want to see them deported as soon as possible (even though they are and never will be a deportation priority if they stay out of trouble according to ICE) that makes them an easy political talking point to make people think the democrats are the ones listening to the minorities and it all ties in well with there agenda of getting immigration populations on there side to vote for them soon.

Thats why they always want citizenship for them why not just give them like 5-10 year EAD/APs (which has been proposed by republicans) which serves two purposes. Keeps them safe from deportation IF THEY STAY OUT OF TROUBLE and pretty much have all the same rights and privileges of a permanent resident but with no way to sponsor all of the family members like the parents WHO BROUGHT THEM HERE AGAINST THE LAW.

Such a clean bill with maybe modest border security should pass really easily if it wasn't for those Dems looking for new voters.. Oh well

Filed: Other Timeline
13 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Ok, Mexico may say that all they want but all they have to do is put a small tax on the remittances going to Mexico to help pay for it. It's pretty simple to think about if you look beyond the rhetoric and talking points on both sides.

yeah if it is easy as you said , taxing the remittance, (which i think i have read somewhere of Trump team stating that too), why would Trump need to request to use tax payers money, instead of doing taxing the remittance to force Mexico to fund the wall? It must mean that option is way more difficult than taking the money from the US Gov. 

Edited by abumiqdad

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
16 hours ago, mcdull said:

a

Votes and power....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 1 month later...

Clearly this is an unpopular belief among the contributors to this thread, but I don't believe that anyone is "all in favor of illegal immigration." What I do believe in is not throwing people out of the country who have never really known another.

The dreamers (DACA recipients) were brought to the US as children, and in most cases, don't even remember their "home countries." Despite the fact that they are in the US illegally, this is the only home they've really ever known, and in order to maintain their DACA status, they must live up to the highest expectations. Allowing them a way to normalize their immigration status (even if they are not allowed to become voting citizens - possibly creating a new category of green card holder that never qualifies to become a citizen) is simply the most humane thing to do.

I don't think Democrats are in favor of illegal immigration any more than anyone else. But they understand that an adult knowingly crossing the border illegally should be treated differently from a person who was brought here as a child and has essentially grown up as an American. 

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

4 minutes ago, nightingalejules said:

Clearly this is an unpopular belief among the contributors to this thread, but I don't believe that anyone is "all in favor of illegal immigration." What I do believe in is not throwing people out of the country who have never really known another.

The dreamers (DACA recipients) were brought to the US as children, and in most cases, don't even remember their "home countries." Despite the fact that they are in the US illegally, this is the only home they've really ever known, and in order to maintain their DACA status, they must live up to the highest expectations. Allowing them a way to normalize their immigration status (even if they are not allowed to become voting citizens - possibly creating a new category of green card holder that never qualifies to become a citizen) is simply the most humane thing to do.

I don't think Democrats are in favor of illegal immigration any more than anyone else. But they understand that an adult knowingly crossing the border illegally should be treated differently from a person who was brought here as a child and has essentially grown up as an American. 

The Dems have had the chance on numerous occasions to do something about DACA and they have done NOTHING but hem and haw. They love not doing anything because then they can go back to their voters and go "look they don't like Immigrants or the Dreamers". The Dems also love Illegals and Illegal immigration. That is why they don't want to curtail illegal immigration but give them sanctuary.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.