Adrii

HELLPP! No phone records because we only use FaceTime!!

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
2 hours ago, Adrii said:

Thank you so much for that info?

Does the Cr1 / ir1 require you to marry first? And outside of the USA? 

We just want to be together as soon as possible.

You can marry anywhere.  We married in a third country (Iceland). 

If you've seen my posts I'm public enemy #1 of the K1.  I first consulted an attorney thinking sooner was better.  But putting aside the cost, the fact that currently K1's are no faster than CR1 's, and the fact that you have a chance for more things to go wrong during AOS, the reality of moving to the US as a second class person for six months (or longer) can take an enormous toll and is a relationship killer. Also that's a long time to not be able to travel back home under any circumstance.  Parent died?  Choose quickly between abandoning your visa and not going home. 

I personally find the terms of the K1 rather cruel. You have to look past the initial arrival and romance of it all. I speak as someone who thought it was the only option at one time. 

14 minutes ago, bakphx1@aol.com said:

Parent died?  Choose quickly between abandoning your visa and not going home. 

And that's exactly it. How do you even begin to make that decision!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
38 minutes ago, bakphx1@aol.com said:

You can marry anywhere.  We married in a third country (Iceland). 

If you've seen my posts I'm public enemy #1 of the K1.  I first consulted an attorney thinking sooner was better.  But putting aside the cost, the fact that currently K1's are no faster than CR1 's, and the fact that you have a chance for more things to go wrong during AOS, the reality of moving to the US as a second class person for six months (or longer) can take an enormous toll and is a relationship killer. Also that's a long time to not be able to travel back home under any circumstance.  Parent died?  Choose quickly between abandoning your visa and not going home. 

I personally find the terms of the K1 rather cruel. You have to look past the initial arrival and romance of it all. I speak as someone who thought it was the only option at one time. 

I just had a look at your previous posts and also at your VJ timeline. It's super frustrating that the processing times have slowed so much!

I agree when you say the terms of the K1 visa are cruel, and there are so many pros to the Cr1 but it'd also involve another trip to the USA for me to marry or for my fiancé to come back to Australia. It's not that easy for him to get leave as he is active duty military and is about move states in the next two weeks.

I've sent him the comparison table to see which he thinks is the best given our circumstances.

Again thank you so much for all your help! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 hours ago, Adrii said:

Hi VJ fam!

My boyfriend recently surprised me with a trip to visit me in Australia and while he was here he PROPOSED!! (So now he's my fiancé but still not used to saying that)

We now have the in depth task of preparing our K1 packet and we're on the task of providing proof of an ongoing relationship. I've noticed in lots of examples online people suggest providing copies of phone bills and Skype logs. However we primarily use FaceTime (iPhone to iPhone) which there is no way to print a log of or show a printed off history... 

any suggestions?

Naturally we also text all day every day but surely immigration don't want to read thousands of pages of us jabbering away 

Other than that we do have tonnes of social media posts, photos, flight itineraries, receipts of gifts and also bookings of hotels and activities that we've done or visited.

But any suggestions on what to do regarding no actual phone records and as to if you include text messages would be greatly appreciated!! :) 

Include some text messages.

7 hours ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

I also didn't add texts either 

I didn't put any of that in my initial packet.  I'm obviously hoping we don't get an RFE, but it seems to me that frontloading the petition seems to be a needless stress that people put themselves through... My understanding/impression is that the whole file goes to USCIS to ensure that the requirements are met for the Petition, and then it's up to the Embassy to determine that it's a genuine/ongoing relationship before issuing the visa. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, Adrii said:

Hi VJ fam!

My boyfriend recently surprised me with a trip to visit me in Australia and while he was here he PROPOSED!! (So now he's my fiancé but still not used to saying that)

We now have the in depth task of preparing our K1 packet and we're on the task of providing proof of an ongoing relationship. I've noticed in lots of examples online people suggest providing copies of phone bills and Skype logs. However we primarily use FaceTime (iPhone to iPhone) which there is no way to print a log of or show a printed off history... 

any suggestions?

Naturally we also text all day every day but surely immigration don't want to read thousands of pages of us jabbering away 

Other than that we do have tonnes of social media posts, photos, flight itineraries, receipts of gifts and also bookings of hotels and activities that we've done or visited.

But any suggestions on what to do regarding no actual phone records and as to if you include text messages would be greatly appreciated!! :) 

You’re right they don’t want to read thousands of pages of chat logs. I included 15 pages of our texts over a period of time to show an ongoing relationship. They were imessages and I highlighted the dates. It is secondary evidence, as is social media as is photos. The most important things you need are the flight itineraries and boarding passes, receipts from being in each other’s countries, bank statements, etc. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We only had two quick screen shots of chats: One of wedding planning and the other asking about fixing something in my house when he was visiting.

We used passport stamps, photos with recognized landmarks, hotel receipts.

I actually printed off both of our credit card statements from multiple visits (they have an address and time stamp from when we were purchasing things from the same towns). I used the credit card statement to coincide with pictures of us together. Examples: The two of us at a Kangaroo Sanctuary and the credit cards from the Kangaroo Sanctuary.  Another one is a famous light house on Martha's Vineyard and the Credit Card Statements from dinner and a hotel on Martha's Vineyard. It is really easy to track down and print out the past statements online. :)

Current K1 process:

We are still in the AOS process from the K1 right now. Both the K1 and CR1 seem to be taking a while these days. If you live in a city and are both financially stable the K1 is doable (from entry to marriage to approval of EAD it took my husband 5 to 6 months). He was getting tired of sitting around waiting for me to come home from work towards the end but he has lived in Baltimore (our city) for 4 years before moving back and has friends and things to do during the day. If you aren't as financially stable then CR1 is definitely something to consider because you enter with a Greencard and your husbands life isn't on hold for 4-6 months. :) Good Luck and Congratulations! 

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

We didn't send phone logs, just one screen shot of some of the icons of chats through iMessage and a few funny texts. We did send Facebook screen shots: (when we became official, engaged, traveling, wedding photos) copies from some receipts and tickets for the wedding, pictures of gifts we've sent each other (with receipt) plane tickets, and I screen shot some of our facetime interactions (I only sent the PG13 ones, hah) so I made a collage with different settings/clothes. we also sent three signed/notarized affidavits. it was overall maybe 10-15 pages of evidence. 

It wasn't necessary for the CR1 (front loading) which some people frown upon,   but I'm from a high fraud country so we didn't want to risk it, and it worked because we got approved by USCIS. 

I do suggest you don't send a ton of paper, it might be overkill. Focus on some key elements, think creative since photos and logs are secondary evidence: save all the plane tickets/boarding passes and receipts. I am using them to build a very cheesy scrapbook that I'm bringing to the interview with me, so an agent will have to endure my corny in all its glory. It's a neat way to salvage and remember the good times, in an otherwise very stressful and horrible process 

good luck!

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Adrii said:

Thanks for your input! What is the average time for AOS after marriage? 

And is there a possibility of applying for working rights on a K1, I think I saw it mentioned on here once?

I can answer this question since we are currently going through AOS. You are also the same region (I see you are in the DC area) some of the DC area depending on the location (Maryland area) are actually receiving AOS through the Baltimore office. 

We applied for K1 in 2016 and it went quicker than we planned because we had a wedding date and my husband had to finish up some work odds and ends (I know its not recommended but my husband had his heart set on having his family and friends present at our wedding) we actually had to put a little effort into slowing it down so our K1 didnt expire before he entered the country. 

Here is our Marriage/AOS process from K1:

June 5, 2017 he entered the country

June 24, 2017 we got married

July 13, 2017 AOS packet was received - ( you can't file your packet until you receive your certified marriage license)

..........lots of waiting around and not hearing anything

October 23, 2017 we received his EAD/AP card in the mail (just under 100 days since filing)

Now we are still waiting for his Green Card Interview through the Baltimore Office: There is actually a Baltimore AOS forum on here which I follow. People that filed in June are just now getting interview dates (you may not have to interview or your packet may never leave the NVC) but many do end up in the local offices for interview. 

Side Note for K1 AOS in Maryland (if you are Maryland): Not many states do but my husband was able to get a temporary license 3 weeks before his I-94 expired and without his EAD or GC. It is a 10 month license that was able to hold him over until EAD or Green Card arrived. Maryland is one of the few states that allows a license without an EAD/GC during AOS :) Per Maryland residency requirements he was only allowed to drive on his Australian license for 60 days after arriving to the US. We are happy we didn't push the boundaries with this because a week after he got his license in Maryland he was hit by another driver (We were not hurt in the accident luckily and the other driver was at fault but my first thought was thank god we followed the rules so this wont affect his immigration). 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

We didn't have call logs either because we also use Apple FaceTime and FaceTime Audio (no international charges). Examples of things we used/sent, and seemed sufficient (we got approved in December for NOA2):

- Screenshots of the FaceTime log under the FaceTime app on my iPhone

- Screenshots of FaceTime Audio calls (which shows up under my regular call log, since it works like a regular phone call)

- Screenshots of my email inbox showing email conversation history (not shots of the actual emails/content)

- Various photographs of us together and with my friends/family during his visits here

- Copies of all the passport stamps, travel itineraries, and plane tickets for every single visit

- Screenshots of related social media posts, such as when we told everyone we got engaged, the engagement celebration my coworkers did for me at work, etc.

- Screenshots of various conversations (email, text, etc.) between myself and his family (mom and sister), and between him and my family (parents and sister)

Not sure if every bit of it was necessarily important, or required, but we didn't get a RFE or anything with what we sent. I think the main evidence to focus on is that showing you have spent time together, or that each or either of you have spent time with family/friends, etc. As long as you have valid, sufficient evidence of a legitimate relationship, you will be fine, call logs or not. :)

Best of luck to you, and congratulations!!

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

16 hours ago, Adrii said:

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

So you think it doesn't matter if there's no call log or text messages? All of the other evidence should be enough? 

How do we print messages from Imessage?

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

We had the same issue, so I just printed out screenshots of the FaceTime call history of three or four recent calls, which shows the date and how long the call lasted. I doubt this was important as we had plenty of other evidence, but it should be a sufficient replacement for phone records.

Hi welcome! 

If your fiance is on active duty and may be called away, then depending on the support structure you will have in place in the state he is moving to, having a K1 may really limit your ability to do things. In addition to not being able to work, in some states, you may not be able to get a license right away either, and it may not be possible to use your Australian license. For example, I live in California, and the rule here is that if you become a "resident" of the state ("resident" is not clearly defined), you have two weeks to get a California license. I believe people have been stopped by the police and tried to explain that they were not a legal resident for immigration purposes, I don't think that worked. You should also look into health insurance, as a K-1 person, I'm not sure if your fiance is able to add you to his insurance plan prior to you getting married, and whether you can purchase short-term travel health insurance to cover you until you are married in the 90 day window. I'm not sure what your plans are for work, while you definitely not work until your status is adjusted, even looking for work may be tough. Employers will typically ask if you are legally able to work in the US, if the answer is "not yet", it's difficult to get to the next round, unless you have highly sought after skills, employers would not hold a position open and wait. 

Best of luck!

Timeline
6 hours ago, AshMarty said:

We only had two quick screen shots of chats: One of wedding planning and the other asking about fixing something in my house when he was visiting.

We used passport stamps, photos with recognized landmarks, hotel receipts.

I actually printed off both of our credit card statements from multiple visits (they have an address and time stamp from when we were purchasing things from the same towns). I used the credit card statement to coincide with pictures of us together. Examples: The two of us at a Kangaroo Sanctuary and the credit cards from the Kangaroo Sanctuary.  Another one is a famous light house on Martha's Vineyard and the Credit Card Statements from dinner and a hotel on Martha's Vineyard. It is really easy to track down and print out the past statements online. :)

Current K1 process:

We are still in the AOS process from the K1 right now. Both the K1 and CR1 seem to be taking a while these days. If you live in a city and are both financially stable the K1 is doable (from entry to marriage to approval of EAD it took my husband 5 to 6 months). He was getting tired of sitting around waiting for me to come home from work towards the end but he has lived in Baltimore (our city) for 4 years before moving back and has friends and things to do during the day. If you aren't as financially stable then CR1 is definitely something to consider because you enter with a Greencard and your husbands life isn't on hold for 4-6 months. :) Good Luck and Congratulations! 

Thank you so much for all that info!

Great idea to pair the credit card statements to the activities in each country! Would never of thought of that!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, jjbandero said:

Hi welcome! 

If your fiance is on active duty and may be called away, then depending on the support structure you will have in place in the state he is moving to, having a K1 may really limit your ability to do things. In addition to not being able to work, in some states, you may not be able to get a license right away either, and it may not be possible to use your Australian license. For example, I live in California, and the rule here is that if you become a "resident" of the state ("resident" is not clearly defined), you have two weeks to get a California license. I believe people have been stopped by the police and tried to explain that they were not a legal resident for immigration purposes, I don't think that worked. You should also look into health insurance, as a K-1 person, I'm not sure if your fiance is able to add you to his insurance plan prior to you getting married, and whether you can purchase short-term travel health insurance to cover you until you are married in the 90 day window. I'm not sure what your plans are for work, while you definitely not work until your status is adjusted, even looking for work may be tough. Employers will typically ask if you are legally able to work in the US, if the answer is "not yet", it's difficult to get to the next round, unless you have highly sought after skills, employers would not hold a position open and wait. 

Best of luck!

Thank you so much!

You have some really good points! My fiancé is going to see if there's a legal person through the military he can get some advice from because we were curious that once married and waiting for the AOS am I covered under his insurance? 

The chance of him being sent away is highly unlikely however I guess anything could happen so it's best to look further into it :)

4 hours ago, jennywhite421 said:

How do we print messages from Imessage?

I wouldn't think just screenshotting them and putting them in a word document would be easiest? And just making sure dates are included :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.