Adrii

HELLPP! No phone records because we only use FaceTime!!

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Adrii said:

Amazing!!

That makes me feel more confident that FaceTime logs and texts aren't a necessity. We have plenty of Facebook posts, check ins, photos etc so I'm sure it'll suffice!

Thank you so much for the reply! 

Use plane tickets, hotel receipts, train tickets, etc as primary evidence. If you have those things corroborating you two being in the same place at the same time, everything else is just bonus. One thing I wouldn't do is load your packet with lots of 'evidence.' Make it easy on them! Nobody wants to work a case of 200 pages (those people do exist)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

It's been said before, but just so it's clear, as someone who's known couples with K1 visas and having read many accounts on VJ, the K1 should only be considered if the fiancée's life is in danger in the home country. The idea of being together sounds good until you are together and can't proceed with your married lives waiting for months for the AOS to come through.  Boredom, isolation and depression are common if you're lucky enough not to have have financial worries on top of it due to the inability to work.  More than one relationship ended during this waiting time. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, bakphx1@aol.com said:

It's been said before, but just so it's clear, as someone who's known couples with K1 visas and having read many accounts on VJ, the K1 should only be considered if the fiancée's life is in danger in the home country. The idea of being together sounds good until you are together and can't proceed with your married lives waiting for months for the AOS to come through.  Boredom, isolation and depression are common if you're lucky enough not to have have financial worries on top of it due to the inability to work.  More than one relationship ended during this waiting time. 

I agree with the cautioning about the waiting after arrival, but saying it's only for if the fiance is in danger is a bit extreme. There are lots of other reasons why a person would accept the boredom and go for a K1.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, useful89 said:

Use plane tickets, hotel receipts, train tickets, etc as primary evidence. If you have those things corroborating you two being in the same place at the same time, everything else is just bonus. One thing I wouldn't do is load your packet with lots of 'evidence.' Make it easy on them! Nobody wants to work a case of 200 pages (those people do exist)

PERFECT!

Will do! 

Just out of curiosity how many pages do you think is an ideal application? 

I want to make it as easy as possible for someone to read though but also have enough to show yes we are legit. :)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, useful89 said:

I agree with the cautioning about the waiting after arrival, but saying it's only for if the fiance is in danger is a bit extreme. There are lots of other reasons why a person would accept the boredom and go for a K1.

Perhaps. But I think in the moment of thinking of finally being together (as I once considered), you just assume faster is better. It's easy to think just finally being together is enough.  It's enough of a challenge with all the documents to get oriented and participate, but just hanging out and being supported by someone else gets depressing very fast. It's hard to convince lovers who are apart of that.  

Timeline

Thanks for your input! What is the average time for AOS after marriage? 

And is there a possibility of applying for working rights on a K1, I think I saw it mentioned on here once?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bakphx1@aol.com said:

Perhaps. But I think in the moment of thinking of finally being together (as I once considered), you just assume faster is better. It's easy to think just finally being together is enough.  It's enough of a challenge with all the documents to get oriented and participate, but just hanging out and being supported by someone else gets depressing very fast. It's hard to convince lovers who are apart of that.  

I appreciate that perspective, but also consider some countries don't let you marry unless you embrace a certain religion, perhaps family members stateside are in failing health and you want to marry in the US before they pass, etc. saying it's only in the case of the beneficiary's life being threatened is an exaggeration 

Edited by useful89

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Adrii said:

PERFECT!

Will do! 

Just out of curiosity how many pages do you think is an ideal application? 

I want to make it as easy as possible for someone to read though but also have enough to show yes we are legit. :)

You're Australian, have spent lots of time together, etc? You don't need much. I just had 4 pages front and back of hi-res scans of boarding passes and whatnot. Then I had a picture of each month we were in in each other's presence, screenshot from an iPhone showing the location and date header, and that was it. Our evidence was probably 5 pages and 12 pictures or so. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, useful89 said:

You're Australian, have spent lots of time together, etc? You don't need much. I just had 4 pages front and back of hi-res scans of boarding passes and whatnot. Then I had a picture of each month we were in in each other's presence, screenshot from an iPhone showing the location and date header, and that was it. Our evidence was probably 5 pages and 12 pictures or so. 

We've had 4 visits in and spent almost a month together in total. At the moment we've got all the flight itineraries, bunch of photos and social media posts.

Would you bother using receipts of gifts, ring receipt? and bookings of activities and stuff we did together? Or just keep it super simple? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Adrii said:

We've had 4 visits in and spent almost a month together in total. At the moment we've got all the flight itineraries, bunch of photos and social media posts.

Would you bother using receipts of gifts, ring receipt? and bookings of activities and stuff we did together? Or just keep it super simple? 

If the activities prove you were both there, then yeah I'd include as much of that as you can. That could be considered primary evidence (pics are secondary). As far as receipts, you could take that to the embassy but I wouldn't waste your time or the officer's in including it in your initial petition. 

15 minutes ago, Adrii said:

Thanks for your input! What is the average time for AOS after marriage? 

And is there a possibility of applying for working rights on a K1, I think I saw it mentioned on here once?

As far as I know, you can't work until you get your AOS after marriage which can take up to six months. With the CR1 visa you can work as soon as you get to the airport. The AOS is also an extra $1000 on top of your visa fees!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, useful89 said:

I appreciate that perspective, but also consider some countries don't let you marry unless you embrace a certain religion, perhaps family members stateside are in failing health and you want to marry in the US before they pass, etc. saying it's only in the case of the beneficiary's life being threatened is an exaggeration 

Agreed. But just meaning to not go full throttle into the K1 as an attractive first option.  It sounds good superficially, but it's packed with serious downsides. I say this as someone who wanted it at first.  Consulting attorneys at first made me reconsider.  One very nice one said he would refuse to do anything but a CR1 for me. That got me to seriously think about it.  A year back then seemed like an eternity.  Now that my husband is here and received his SS card and GC in a few weeks makes me realize the wisdom of his words. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I haven't used a phone in years.  I use FaceTime and Skype.  No worries.  Just make sure you have pictures and other proof.

most of us use cell phones these days with no record of phone calls

they want a few chats to see you communicate 

send each other a few 123 greeting cards (use the ones with light colors and print out the cover page)

don't have to overload with chats or phone call logs just face time together with photos of USC and financee's family 

any proof of meeting such as airline itinerary, copy of boarding passes or passport stamp

a good cover letter saying how you meet originally and then in person and how the relationship developed / don't go into deep detail even a 1 page outline is good

not a high fraud country so all should go smoothly when you are able to prove the relationship is real

onlyfinancial issues, medical, and criminal reports to think about

for K1 the USC needs to make only 100% poverty level and for AOS 125%

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Adrii said:

Amazing!!

That makes me feel more confident that FaceTime logs and texts aren't a necessity. We have plenty of Facebook posts, check ins, photos etc so I'm sure it'll suffice!

Thank you so much for the reply! 

They don’t care abou social media either. I’d say they’d use Skype logs and screenshots of texts before caring about Facebook. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, Adrii said:

Thank you so much for that info?

Does the Cr1 / ir1 require you to marry first? And outside of the USA? 

We just want to be together as soon as possible.

Take a read on this link. It should help you make a decision. Just note that the times are longer now for both. http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.