Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2020 at 3:14 PM, CHEERIOZ said:

So they are doing oath ceremonies , i saw on twitter. Anyone knows if they are doing interviews though ?

In newark, atleast before covid, interviews and oaths were combined and performed on the same day.  We'll have to see if they continue that tradition as they start processing. Other cities have started oaths and interviews. This thread is particularly tracking only newark/mt laurel updates. 

3 hours ago, skskskks said:

In newark, atleast before covid, interviews and oaths were combined and performed on the same day.  We'll have to see if they continue that tradition as they start processing. Other cities have started oaths and interviews. This thread is particularly tracking only newark/mt laurel updates. 

I know they've been doing that, but that's why I was asking if they are doing interviews as well.

If you use the fact that they did same day interview same day oath (there is no one left to naturalize at a ceremony later) - then most people who were naturalized these couple of days  are people who have had their interview on the same day (post covid interviews).

Unless, they are people who had to reschedule their oath, but how or why reschedule it if you do it the same day as your interview ?

Edited by CHEERIOZ

4 hours ago, CHEERIOZ said:

I know they've been doing that, but that's why I was asking if they are doing interviews as well.

If you use the fact that they did same day interview same day oath (there is no one left to naturalize at a ceremony later) - then most people who were naturalized these couple of days  are people who have had their interview on the same day (post covid interviews).

Unless, they are people who had to reschedule their oath, but how or why reschedule it if you do it the same day as your interview ?

Ah I see what you mean now. Thanks for twitter reference. Twitter has atleast 2 instances on newark ceremonies since reopening (june 12, june 17). These folks must have had the interviews too. Seems most plausible explanation. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey everyone...joining this thread...recently filed N-400 with ROC pending...local office Newark, NJ.  Estimated completion March 2021 (9 months).

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 6/26/2020 at 11:49 PM, Marimar04 said:

My wait time changed to 31 days today, estimated completion time is still September 2020. I would like to believe in these numbers.

Hey,

Are you Newark or Mt Laurel? When did you file/biometrics? My estimated completion time is October 2020 I filed in January and did biometrics on Feb 4th. Field office Newark.

It looks like there are no news if interviews have resumed yet?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Hey,

Are you Newark or Mt Laurel? When did you file/biometrics? My estimated completion time is October 2020 I filed in January and did biometrics on Feb 4th. Field office Newark.

My field office is Newark. I applied in December, biometrics in January and my estimated completion time changed a couple times. 

Edited by Marimar04

12/14/19 applied online N400

01/09/20 Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Hey,

We filed in May 2019 at the Newark Field Center.... our interview was in Mount Laurel in Feb 2020, while my friend who filed along with me had her interview at Newark. No clue why one office over the other for any of us. 

All the best to all new filers in this thread.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, N and S said:

We filed in May 2019 at the Newark Field Center.... our interview was in Mount Laurel in Feb 2020, while my friend who filed along with me had her interview at Newark. No clue why one office over the other for any of us. 

Did you have your interview before than your friend? I heard that Mt Laurel office moves faster.

12/14/19 applied online N400

01/09/20 Biometrics appointment

Timeline
5 minutes ago, N and S said:

Thank you! I believe it depends on the zip code which office is responsible for you. Does that not check out for you?

Mt Laurel doesn’t offer same day oath, right? Do they allow to take Oath next day in Newark, or do you have to wait until they schedule?

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Marimar04 said:

Did you have your interview before than your friend? I heard that Mt Laurel office moves faster.

Marimar04, we had our interview about 1 week apart.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Thank you! I believe it depends on the zip code which office is responsible for you. Does that not check out for you?

Mt Laurel doesn’t offer same day oath, right? Do they allow to take Oath next day in Newark, or do you have to wait until they schedule?

Quarknase, we live in the next towns of each other. I don't know how the zipcode/field office works out. We are both in Central Jersey. 

Mount Laurel had the same day oath ceremony.  Newark had same day oath ceremonies if you had your interview by a certain time of the day....my friend had her oath ceremony on a different day because her interview was later in the afternoon. They did not have the time to print the naturalization certificates printed out in time for the last oath ceremony of the day. Newark had multiple oath ceremonies in the day when we interviewed in Feb 2020.  

Timeline
22 hours ago, N and S said:

Quarknase, we live in the next towns of each other. I don't know how the zipcode/field office works out. We are both in Central Jersey. 

Mount Laurel had the same day oath ceremony.  Newark had same day oath ceremonies if you had your interview by a certain time of the day....my friend had her oath ceremony on a different day because her interview was later in the afternoon. They did not have the time to print the naturalization certificates printed out in time for the last oath ceremony of the day. Newark had multiple oath ceremonies in the day when we interviewed in Feb 2020.  

Ah yes then it's probably because you have different zip codes. You can literally live next to each other, if you have different zip codes and one is assigned to Mt Laurel and the other to Newark, then that's it :D

But I also read somewhere that they sometimes shift around in favor of timelines.

Congrats to both of you :) I wish I was done with the process already.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, JK123 said:

Here we go NJ. Just got an email back from local congressman office about N-400 interview timeline. They said Newark office began processing scheduling N-400 interviews from June 29th, on a limited bases.  If anybody shares a new scheduled date, it would be very helpful :)

Thank you for sharing this! My husband is going to do the same for my naturalization case. I just got off the phone with uscis and they were no help. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.