Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Gfcdbro said:

Oh okay i get it. Basically all the countries we have visited in last 5 years. In that case, i have everything i need. Thank you so much. 

Like the Newyorker 82 commented on his response, they want to verify your travel dates matches with your passport. So yes do carry all your home-country passports. 
I don’t think he actually checked any old passports other than the most recent one coz I am on passport number 5. (A big bundle)

Since I travel a lot, he asked me how often my trips were and which were leisure and which were for business. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 minutes ago, RVPT said:

Like the Newyorker 82 commented on his response, they want to verify your travel dates matches with your passport. So yes do carry all your home-country passports. 
I don’t think he actually checked any old passports other than the most recent one coz I am on passport number 5. (A big bundle)

Since I travel a lot, he asked me how often my trips were and which were leisure and which were for business. 

Oh that will be fun for me. I have a European passport, and also travel a lot. Half of my trips don't have passport stamps because they were to and within Europe. Due to global entry I also never receive stamps when I come back to the US. My only stamps and visas are for Asia/ME.

But I guess they have all other trips in their database...

Timeline
5 minutes ago, AMK111 said:

Anyone who had April 2020 interview date at Newark office and have received the rescheduled appointment?

Your timeline isn't filled out - when did you file initially? I think not all NJ filers are in this group, so maybe you could check in the group of the month when you filed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Your timeline isn't filled out - when did you file initially? I think not all NJ filers are in this group, so maybe you could check in the group of the month when you filed.

I filed in August 2019 and my interview was scheduled on April 16th 2020 but got cancelled because of Covid. Now waiting for rescheduled date. Hence wanted to check if anyone else have similar interview date and have received rescheduled appointment.

7 minutes ago, AMK111 said:

Anyone who had April 2020 interview date at Newark office and have received the rescheduled appointment?

I had a March 19 date and still waiting for reschedule. Trying to get to L2 officer but havent had luck/persistence so far. Any tips?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, AMK111 said:

I filed in August 2019 and my interview was scheduled on April 16th 2020 but got cancelled because of Covid. Now waiting for rescheduled date. Hence wanted to check if anyone else have similar interview date and have received rescheduled appointment.

From what others posted, they're still working on re-scheduling June/July 2019 filers.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, skskskks said:

I had a March 19 date and still waiting for reschedule. Trying to get to L2 officer but havent had luck/persistence so far. Any tips?

I think calling and asking is the only thing that you can do currently. With processing times being set as ridiculously long (14-21.5 months) for Newark, you're unable to make an inquiry for being outside of normal processing time...

1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

I think calling and asking is the only thing that you can do currently. With processing times being set as ridiculously long (14-21.5 months) for Newark, you're unable to make an inquiry for being outside of normal processing time...

One of them shared that they have 90 days since opening (June 4) to reschedule. So all rescheduled ones should see traction by Sept 4, unless other factors like furloughs affect it.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, skskskks said:

One of them shared that they have 90 days since opening (June 4) to reschedule. So all rescheduled ones should see traction by Sept 4, unless other factors like furloughs affect it.

Ughhh. That statement by itself is scary. 3 months to re-schedule an estimated 4 weeks of cancellations (since interviews are usually scheduled 4 weeks in advance).

Just now, Quarknase said:

Ughhh. That statement by itself is scary. 3 months to re-schedule an estimated 4 weeks of cancellations (since interviews are usually scheduled 4 weeks in advance).

Honestly the pace is scary. Those who were scheduled mere days apart are interviewing weeks apart. All attributed to logistics around social distancing. On the bright side, they have opened offices and are processing. It's better than being shut. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, skskskks said:

Honestly the pace is scary. Those who were scheduled mere days apart are interviewing weeks apart. All attributed to logistics around social distancing. On the bright side, they have opened offices and are processing. It's better than being shut. 

True. I don't think the current administration is particularly interested in naturalizing more people ahead of the election. In previous election years, all focus was on expediting naturalization to allow those who are eligible to vote. Don't think that that's happening this year, regardless of covid...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, skskskks said:

That is strange but I see that someone with March 31st date got the new rescheduled date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.