Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Just now, New Yorker 82 said:

It's tomorrow i can see online it's not cancelled. Any one has the IDEA about tomorrow  interview. 

oh if you haven't received a call yet, it's on. You should definitely go in. Another option that was suggested here was to call USCIS to confirm it's on.  But it may be end of business hours now. 

1 minute ago, skskskks said:

oh if you haven't received a call yet, it's on. You should definitely go in. Another option that was suggested here was to call USCIS to confirm it's on.  But it may be end of business hours now. 

That's why i was checking anyone had the interview today

Roc Filled 06/12/2018

Bio Metrics 07/12/2018

8 minutes ago, New Yorker 82 said:

That's why i was checking anyone had the interview today

My guess is some are cancelled because due to social distancing which allow for fewer interviews to be conducted. But just a speculation at this point.

Good luck to you tomorrow!

20 minutes ago, skskskks said:

My guess is some are cancelled because due to social distancing which allow for fewer interviews to be conducted. But just a speculation at this point.

Good luck to you tomorrow!

honestly i have no idea whats going on .Did anyone had the interview this week at Newark office.

Roc Filled 06/12/2018

Bio Metrics 07/12/2018

Here is what I see:

USCIS Offices Temporarily Closed to the Public

As of March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has suspended routine in-person services until at least April 1 to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). USCIS staff will continue to perform duties that do not involve contact with the public. However, USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment contact the USCIS Contact Center.

USCIS domestic field offices will send notices to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments and naturalization ceremonies impacted by this closure. USCIS asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews. When the interview is rescheduled, asylum applicants will receive a new interview notice with the new time, date and location for the interview. When USCIS again resumes normal operations, USCIS will automatically reschedule Application Support Center appointments due to the office closure. You will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. Individuals who had InfoPass or other appointments at the field office must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center, once field offices reopen to the public. Please check the USCIS Field Offices page to see if your field office has reopened before reaching out to the USCIS Contact Center.

Education and precautions are the strongest tools against infection. Get the latest facts by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 website. Continue to practice good health habits, refrain from handshakes or hugs as greetings, and wash hands and clean surfaces appropriately.

USCIS will provide further updates as the situation develops and will continue to follow CDC guidance. Please visit uscis.gov/coronavirus for more information.

Learn about the USCIS Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and more about the Department of Homeland Security’s response.

10 hours ago, RVPT said:

Here is what I see:

USCIS Offices Temporarily Closed to the Public

As of March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has suspended routine in-person services until at least April 1 to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). USCIS staff will continue to perform duties that do not involve contact with the public. However, USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment contact the USCIS Contact Center.

USCIS domestic field offices will send notices to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments and naturalization ceremonies impacted by this closure. USCIS asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews. When the interview is rescheduled, asylum applicants will receive a new interview notice with the new time, date and location for the interview. When USCIS again resumes normal operations, USCIS will automatically reschedule Application Support Center appointments due to the office closure. You will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. Individuals who had InfoPass or other appointments at the field office must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center, once field offices reopen to the public. Please check the USCIS Field Offices page to see if your field office has reopened before reaching out to the USCIS Contact Center.

Education and precautions are the strongest tools against infection. Get the latest facts by visiting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 website. Continue to practice good health habits, refrain from handshakes or hugs as greetings, and wash hands and clean surfaces appropriately.

USCIS will provide further updates as the situation develops and will continue to follow CDC guidance. Please visit uscis.gov/coronavirus for more information.

Learn about the USCIS Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and more about the Department of Homeland Security’s response.

oh well. 

16 hours ago, New Yorker 82 said:

honestly i have no idea whats going on .Did anyone had the interview this week at Newark office.

I am assuming your case was affected by recent update by USCIS as well which when effective today.

2 hours ago, RVPT said:

Mine was for tomorrow so it's definitely not there anymore. Do we need to wait for USCIS to send a new date? or do you think we need to reschedule on our own?

Mine was also tomorrow. If I read it correctly, USCIS will send scheduled invitations again. 

3 hours ago, skskskks said:

I am assuming your case was affected by recent update by USCIS as well which when effective today.

Yes it was cancelled

Roc Filled 06/12/2018

Bio Metrics 07/12/2018

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.