Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Guys, thought of giving an update

My interview went well, but since it was for 2:45pm, they couldn't do my oath on the same day. They are only allowing aboout 15-20 people per oath ceremony due to pandemic. So if you interview is in the morning, chances are you will very likely finish the oath at the Newark location

Questions were very straight forward

1. One american tribe

2. Party of current President

3. 3 Original colonies out of 13

4. One state that borders Mexico

5. One writer of Fed Federation

6. Why do we have 50 stars on the US Map

To read: Who was George Washington

To Write: We vote for the President in November

A friendly officer; we just chit chatted for a little bit as he was asking me some basic verification like my address, where my husband woks, where i work, my nature of work, whether kids are American citizens, about my parents (coz they are citizens)

Also asked me if i have ever voted before, if i claimed to be US citizen, Have I been to immigration court?

Then he congratulated me and said I should hear back in 3-4 weeks with new oath date. 

In and out in 30 mins. I reached at 2:15pm and 2:40 was called for interview and I was out at 3pm. He asked me for GC, Drivers License (Address proof) and all passport (expired and new). No other documents asked. 

So guys good luck and all the very best!! Now I wait for Otah Ceremony!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 minutes ago, RVPT said:

My interview went well, but since it was for 2:45pm, they couldn't do my oath on the same day. They are only allowing aboout 15-20 people per oath ceremony due to pandemic. So if you interview is in the morning, chances are you will very likely finish the oath at the Newark location

1. One american tribe

A friendly officer; we just chit chatted for a little bit as he was asking me some basic verification like my address, where my husband woks, where i work, my nature of work, whether kids are American citizens, about my parents (coz they are citizens)

Also asked me if i have ever voted before, if i claimed to be US citizen, Have I been to immigration court?

Then he congratulated me and said I should hear back in 3-4 weeks with new oath date. 

In and out in 30 mins. I reached at 2:15pm and 2:40 was called for interview and I was out at 3pm. He asked me for GC, Drivers License (Address proof) and all passport (expired and new). No other documents asked. 

Congrats! When did you file?

12/14/19 applied online N400

01/09/20 Biometrics appointment

4 minutes ago, RVPT said:

1. One american tribe

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations!!!

3 minutes ago, RVPT said:

June 2019

Have you heard back on your date? Are u based on Hoboken?

Still waiting 😢. I checked every day since I saw your update. Hopefully next week. Fingers crossed.  I am based in hoboken. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
6 minutes ago, RVPT said:

June 2019

Have you heard back on your date? Are u based on Hoboken?

Thanks. I filed in December, my office is Newark so I guess I will have my interview in December or January not within my estimated time (September 2020)

12/14/19 applied online N400

01/09/20 Biometrics appointment

20 minutes ago, skskskks said:

Still waiting 😢. I checked every day since I saw your update. Hopefully next week. Fingers crossed.  I am based in hoboken. 

Hopefully soon! I am at exchange place so not too far. My husband who was March 19 interview is rescheduled for July 28, so yours might be coming in mail soon! 

13 hours ago, RVPT said:

Hopefully soon! I am at exchange place so not too far. My husband who was March 19 interview is rescheduled for July 28, so yours might be coming in mail soon! 

Yay so happy for you and your husband. Mine is in August... let’s hope we can do same day ceremony since they do it there everyday at 3.. staying an extra night in mt laurel in case They dont do it sameday maybe  ceremony next day...

On 7/18/2020 at 8:22 AM, geroaj said:

Yay so happy for you and your husband. Mine is in August... let’s hope we can do same day ceremony since they do it there everyday at 3.. staying an extra night in mt laurel in case They dont do it sameday maybe  ceremony next day...

If your appointment is in the morning, then you can get the same day oath. Hope that’s the case for you. Good Luck. 
and if you don’t get the oath ceremony the same day, they will send letter by mail in the new date. With the news of USCIS furloughing people starting August, I am a bit skeptical on how long I have to wait for oath!! 

On 7/17/2020 at 5:57 PM, RVPT said:

1. One american tribe

congratulations. I filed in October 19’ but I haven’t heard anything in terms of interview.

also, they asked for passports? Of your home-country? Thats the first time im hearing of them asking passports. Thought they only asked drivers license and greencard 

16 minutes ago, Gfcdbro said:

congratulations. I filed in October 19’ but I haven’t heard anything in terms of interview.

also, they asked for passports? Of your home-country? Thats the first time im hearing of them asking passports. Thought they only asked drivers license and greencard 

Actually they require all home country passports you have used since the first immigrant visa till your interview. My interviewers took both passports of me  with green card and driver’s license. She also did some photo copies as well  of passport after the interviews. 

Roc Filled 06/12/2018

Bio Metrics 07/12/2018

20 minutes ago, New Yorker 82 said:

Actually they require all home country passports you have used since the first immigrant visa till your interview. My interviewers took both passports of me  with green card and driver’s license. She also did some photo copies as well  of passport after the interviews. 

Thank you for letting me know. One more question. Im expecting my interview soon but my passport is expired. I have first passport (with initial immigrant stamp) and 2nd passport (which recently expired). I haven’t applied for renewal in embassy yet because of covid. Should i be worried? OR are expired passports enough? 

thank you.

5 minutes ago, Gfcdbro said:

Thank you for letting me know. One more question. Im expecting my interview soon but my passport is expired. I have first passport (with initial immigrant stamp) and 2nd passport (which recently expired). I haven’t applied for renewal in embassy yet because of covid. Should i be worried? OR are expired passports enough? 

thank you.

They are asking for all the passport you have used for traveling . To verify the countries and dates you have mentioned in the N400 is correct.

During the interview she asked me specifically about each country I have visited. In one trip I visited 5 countries she wants to know list of all 5 countries.

If  passport is expired it doesn’t matter. They are not asking for valid country passport

Roc Filled 06/12/2018

Bio Metrics 07/12/2018

6 minutes ago, New Yorker 82 said:

They are asking for all the passport you have used for traveling . To verify the countries and dates you have mentioned in the N400 is correct.

During the interview she asked me specifically about each country I have visited. In one trip I visited 5 countries she wants to know list of all 5 countries.

If  passport is expired it doesn’t matter. They are not asking for valid country passport

Oh okay i get it. Basically all the countries we have visited in last 5 years. In that case, i have everything i need. Thank you so much. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.