Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, skskskks said:

the wait seems like eternity. clearly there is no control we have on the process. But things are escalating with each passing day. I have been asked to WFH till further notice. It might be matter of time USCIS does something similar. ;(

The WFH directive has already been announced for USCIS but I’m not sure how many can do it 

Edited by N400NYC

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

We will find out during the week if they are cancelled. What's good thing is USCIS seems to calling candidate and letting you know if cancelled. That'll say us a trip to a public place during virus. Let's see what the week brings.

20 minutes ago, skskskks said:

We will find out during the week if they are cancelled. What's good thing is USCIS seems to calling candidate and letting you know if cancelled. That'll say us a trip to a public place during virus. Let's see what the week brings.

yeah! hopefully it wont get cancelled but i have a feeling it will! Keep this group posted if you hear anything

3 hours ago, skskskks said:

No update on USCIS or call from USCIS yet. No change in online USCIS account yet. We will have to see tomorrow. A lot more cities and towns are in lockdown since the weekend. 

If there has been no call and no letter, chances are it will be on!

So far there have been only been 2 office closures - Seattle for one week and Albany (NY) today. 

Either way, I will be curious to hear what your experience is like (interview on/off). And if the interview happens, if you see any signs that they are changing the things are being conducted - e.g. to prevent too many people waiting in one area etc. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

I have been checking every morning and like N400NYC said there have only been 2 closures across the country, but with the situation not improving, my fears of cancellation are growing but I also know that it is important to be safe at this time - for us and for everyone around us.

My other problem is daycare is closed and my kids are home and both me and husband have interviews the same day but at a different time. Not entirely sure how this will play out of the interview happens coz I have a name change as well. Too many unknowns, will wait and see! Will keep this group posted! 

1 hour ago, RVPT said:

I have been checking every morning and like N400NYC said there have only been 2 closures across the country, but with the situation not improving, my fears of cancellation are growing but I also know that it is important to be safe at this time - for us and for everyone around us.

In the week leading up to my oath ceremony, and after I learned about the Seattle closure, I was checking the USCIS website daily (multiple times) to see if any additional offices were added to the closed list. And after hearing about oath cancellations in other regions I was convinced (75%) that my oath in NYC (a COVID-19 hotspot) wasn't going to happen. Much to my surprise everything went ahead. My point? Even when it seems logical that something isn't going to happen based on the circumstances, it still may happen! And in my case I was grateful that it did. I think it's wise to be conscious of the realities but also hopeful that just maybe things will turn out okay!

Edited by N400NYC

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

On 3/15/2020 at 9:02 PM, skskskks said:

You had the interview ?

Roc Filled 06/12/2018

Bio Metrics 07/12/2018

Just now, skskskks said:

Is yours cancelled ? When was it?

It's tomorrow i can see online it's not cancelled. Any one has the IDEA about tomorrow  interview. 

Roc Filled 06/12/2018

Bio Metrics 07/12/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.