Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2020 at 1:36 PM, New Yorker 82 said:

I had a interview today at Newark office 

Finally i am a US citizen. (Newark NJ)

My interview was reschedule for July 8 2020 

Original Interview date was March 18 2020 (Cancelled because of covid 19)

My appointment was at 8:30 am i waited for about 30 TO 40  minutes to be seen by the officer.

She was very nice women, she asked me about how covid 19 is affecting my life.

She asked about the  details on the form.She asked about is it my first marriage or not also about my wife's 1st or second marriage.

She asked me  you had 10 trips in the last four years. She asked me did i had any trips after filing the N400.I said yes two trips. She required all the dates and the countries visited on the trip.Luckily i had the paper with all information. 

She asked question about  law related issues or  crime in the countries i have visited. I had visited many mostly Europe but also Middle eastern countries,officer also asked i visited different countries mostly for business or vacation i told her vacation. 

Reading Question 

Which state has the most number of people?

Writing 

California has the most number of  people

Six questions were

When we celebrate the Independence day 

Ocean on the west coast 

what did the declaration of independence do 

highest court 

two rights of everyone living in USA

Pledge of allegiance to who ?

She told me you passed the civic and English section but i need to check something. She took my passports and told me that i need to wait outside  as she has to copy my passport. I waited outside thinking she might give me a letter for decision cannot be made or something.  After wait of  25 minutes she came outside giving me the letter for approval. I think she probably consulted with the  supervisor.

I waited in the Hallway for the Oath ceremony it was at 11:30 so i became of US citizen at 11:45.am

Newark officers were all very polite and humble.There were 23 people in total who took the oath.

November 2019 filer here. Just wanted to say CONGRATS and THANK YOU for sharing your experience in so much detail! 

1 hour ago, RunTheRoad said:

I am one of those who did my interview on Feb 26 at Newark, but couldn't do the same day oath as they couldn't print my certificate. So, I was asked to wait for a rescheduled date, then COVID struck and I ended up in a limbo. Finally, I had my oath ceremony done yesterday and I can confirm that the Newark office is back to doing naturalization interviews and possibly, same day oaths (not able to confirm the latter). There were quite a few interviewees yesterday (though by no means as crowded as in the pre-COVID days). So, while the numbers may be lower, there definitely is stuff happening. 

Congratulations!!!

Did you have to take any tax paper work? I am just thinking what all documents are needed. Was planning to take my passport, GC and marriage certificate (due to change of last name)

Since i have a name change and my appointment is only at 2:30pm I might not be able to do the same day oath ceremony.

1 hour ago, RunTheRoad said:

I am one of those who did my interview on Feb 26 at Newark, but couldn't do the same day oath as they couldn't print my certificate. So, I was asked to wait for a rescheduled date, then COVID struck and I ended up in a limbo. Finally, I had my oath ceremony done yesterday and I can confirm that the Newark office is back to doing naturalization interviews and possibly, same day oaths (not able to confirm the latter). There were quite a few interviewees yesterday (though by no means as crowded as in the pre-COVID days). So, while the numbers may be lower, there definitely is stuff happening. 

That's what I thought so too.  That unless there is something beyond the applicant's control, no applicant is going to reschedule their naturalization. Why reschedule it when you just passed your interview and can go ahead and naturalize immediately ? :)

I just forgot to include the external factor.

Congratulations by the way.

6 minutes ago, RVPT said:

Congratulations!!!

Did you have to take any tax paper work? I am just thinking what all documents are needed. Was planning to take my passport, GC and marriage certificate (due to change of last name)

Since i have a name change and my appointment is only at 2:30pm I might not be able to do the same day oath ceremony.

I had taken my tax papers with me for the interview, but was never asked for that or any other document that I took along.  I always recommend being over prepared, so do bring as many documents as you are able to.

You can have your name change done the very same day (one of the good things about the Newark office), so if you interview is at 2.30 PM, it is very likely you may be able to do the ceremony too the same day. All the best!

48 minutes ago, RunTheRoad said:

I had taken my tax papers with me for the interview, but was never asked for that or any other document that I took along.  I always recommend being over prepared, so do bring as many documents as you are able to.

You can have your name change done the very same day (one of the good things about the Newark office), so if you interview is at 2.30 PM, it is very likely you may be able to do the ceremony too the same day. All the best!

I will take atleast a copy which indicates i filed my paperwork for tax. Thank you and hoping i get naturalized the same day! Fingers crossed!

14 hours ago, RVPT said:

Congratulations. 

Also good pointer to write all the dates of travel for previous years. 

Yes I had all the taxes papers with me also the tax return for 2019. I think it’s better to take all the documents. Officer just asked me about if I have any outstanding dues for IRS or NJ state.

The officer also asked me about the 2 years Conditional green card I told her it was taken away by the USCIS office when they stamped the passport for one year.

Most important don’t forget to take the current green card it’s a must for oath ceremony.

Roc Filled 06/12/2018

Bio Metrics 07/12/2018

15 hours ago, New Yorker 82 said:

Yes I had all the taxes papers with me also the tax return for 2019. I think it’s better to take all the documents. Officer just asked me about if I have any outstanding dues for IRS or NJ state.

The officer also asked me about the 2 years Conditional green card I told her it was taken away by the USCIS office when they stamped the passport for one year.

Most important don’t forget to take the current green card it’s a must for oath ceremony.

Perfect. Thank you so much

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
5 minutes ago, geroaj said:

Yay finally got my interview scheduled again. Mine was for Mount laurel March 26 but got canceled.. my new one in in August. This is my Citizenship interview. So excited. 

•  

Congratulations! And you filed in October?

1 hour ago, geroaj said:

Yay finally got my interview scheduled again. Mine was for Mount laurel March 26 but got canceled.. my new one in in August. This is my Citizenship interview. So excited. 

•  

Wow congratulations. Mt laurel seems to processing faster than Newark. Maybe newark eventually transfers some to Mt Laurel to balance the load. 

Did anyone call or apply for rescheduling ? Or these were automatically rescheduled. And I have officially entered FOMO zone. 😆

Edited by skskskks

26 minutes ago, skskskks said:

Wow congratulations. Mt laurel seems to processing faster than Newark. Maybe newark eventually transfers some to Mt Laurel to balance the load. 

Did anyone call or apply for rescheduling ? Or these were automatically rescheduled. And I have officially entered FOMO zone. 😆

Thanks.. mine was automatically rescheduled.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, skskskks said:

What is the FOMO zone?

I hope they hear your suggestion - seeing that Newark is re-scheduling June '19 filers and Mt Laurel is working on October '19 makes me want to cry a little for living in the wrong zip code :)

12 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

What is the FOMO zone?

I hope they hear your suggestion - seeing that Newark is re-scheduling June '19 filers and Mt Laurel is working on October '19 makes me want to cry a little for living in the wrong zip code :)

FOMO - fear of missing out 😛

Timeline
2 minutes ago, skskskks said:

FOMO - fear of missing out 😛

hahaha how did I not know. Yes I really think they need to do something, would be sad to miss the election this year. Let's hope the bill passes congress and senate that the furloughs don't become reality...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.