Moxa1989

N-400 Newark/Mt Laurel New Jersey

1,199 posts in this topic

Just wanted to post an update. My husband who went yesterday (12:30pm) interview was able to finish oath on the same day as well. 

Questions asked

1. Who can veto the bill?

2. Who signs the bill?

3. Name 2 national holidays?

4. A senator serves for how many years?

5. Which state was bought from France?

6. How many voting members for House of Representatives

Read: Who was the President during the Civil war?

Write: Lincoln was the President during the Civil War

I am still waiting on a oath date! :(

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
13 minutes ago, RVPT said:

Just wanted to post an update. My husband who went yesterday (12:30pm) interview was able to finish oath on the same day as well. 

Questions asked

2. Who signs the bill?

Congrats to your husband! And fingers crossed that you'll receive your date soon. So strange that they can't just invite one for the next day...

How was it at the field office - are they interviewing many people? Was it clear if everyone was there for citizenship interviews, or do they process all types of cases currently?

15 minutes ago, RVPT said:

Questions asked

2. Who signs the bill?

Awesome congrats. Hopefully oath is an easy one and will happen soon.

4 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Congrats to your husband! And fingers crossed that you'll receive your date soon. So strange that they can't just invite one for the next day...

How was it at the field office - are they interviewing many people? Was it clear if everyone was there for citizenship interviews, or do they process all types of cases currently?

When i went, they were only taking 4 people at a time for naturalization interview. And for oath looks like 9-15 people max at every ceremony. My husband said his oath was a total of 9 people.

Most people looked like they were waiting on oath and were for naturalization interview. 

My estimated time shows as Oct 2020. And this is just oath!!! 

Timeline

This spreadsheet was just posted in the January filer group. It shows data from January through end of March, right around when everything closed down to covid.

Newark seems to have the biggest backlog out of all field offices. I really don't get why they don't shift some cases to Mt Laurel?

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/data/N400_performancedata_fy2020_qtr2.pdf

Timeline
9 minutes ago, CHEERIOZ said:

So, they have 30,000 apps pending, more than any office in the entire country. What in the world are they doing ?

Funny, though, btw Jan and March they approved more people than btw October - December.

The data is strange. Allegedly they closed the July-Oct '19 period with above 30k pending applications, then closed Oct - December with 29k pending even though the number of new applications is higher than processed applications. But yes, around 30k, likely much higher when the new report comes out, and I'm puzzled why cases don't get transferred to even out workload. Most surrounding field offices seem to work more cases per quarter than incoming new cases...

8 hours ago, RVPT said:

When i went, they were only taking 4 people at a time for naturalization interview. And for oath looks like 9-15 people max at every ceremony. My husband said his oath was a total of 9 people.

Most people looked like they were waiting on oath and were for naturalization interview. 

My estimated time shows as Oct 2020. And this is just oath!!! 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope they schedule your oath soon.

Waiting months for oath after the interview is the worst thing that can happen to me this year. Passport may take another months.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Has anyone heard anything out of Mount Laurel? Our estimated completion date for N400 was July 2020, obviously didn’t happen. The completion date is just empty now... 

I’ve seen one rescheduled interview that was supposed to happen in March rescheduled for August so at that rate I’m guessing citizenship in 2021... 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, nagylyndsey said:

Has anyone heard anything out of Mount Laurel? Our estimated completion date for N400 was July 2020, obviously didn’t happen. The completion date is just empty now... 

I’ve seen one rescheduled interview that was supposed to happen in March rescheduled for August so at that rate I’m guessing citizenship in 2021... 

I think we have one September/October filer from Mt Laurel here, that was initially scheduled for interview in March/April and was now re-scheduled. If you filed in December, you might be lucky and hear from them in 2-3 months :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.