Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,784 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

i promised myself I wouldn't look today...here I am.

wow...look at the June virgin cases still pending...

day 26 - still over 200....

+205

6/6

5/30/2017: I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox 

6/06/2017:  NOA1 Date

01/02/2018: NOA2  Date
01/24/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/2018: Case Number Assigned

02/12/2018: NVC Email - IN TRANSIT

No NVC Letter Received

02/17/2018:  Scheduled Interview (while still IN TRANSIT)

02/20/2018:  Embassy "READY" status

03/02/2018:  Medical Scheduled

03/06/2018: INTERVIEW Scheduled

03/06/2018: Interview - APPROVED!
03/28/2018: Visa in Hand!!!!
06/11/2018: POE USA - ATLANTA

06/18/ 2018:  MARRIED!   CHARLOTTE, NC

07/27/2018: AOS; i485, i765 & i131 Mailed

07/30/2018: NOA1 Receive Date (i485,i313, i765)

08/10/2018: NOA1 Hardcopies received.

08/16/2018: Biometrics Letter Received

08/30/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/22/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled- Electronic Notice

1 minute ago, Chicagoseal said:

178 days is expedited! That’s terrible. 

That is certainly a sad indication of what is to come.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Chicagoseal said:

178 days is expedited! That’s terrible. 

I would imagine the request to expedite was done pretty recently, not at the onset of the NOA1

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kari & Atti said:

Apparently we are within “normal processing time” until they change the date on website. The website states that as of October 31st they are processing applications from June 1st. When we call that’s what they tell us. You can call anytime though. Sometimes you get lucky and find someone helpful and sometimes you don’t   :(. We are all waiting here, keeping each other company and cheering each other up. We share what we are told and continue to wait. It’s shame that we are going trough this and as unfair as it is for us late June filers, (183 days today for me) there are many people from May and early June who have not heard anything yet. 

So we wait 😪😪😪😪

Thanks for your response! I was going by the "Current Processing Times" based on Visajourney website and not by the USCIS page which indicates the data as you said. It mentions "Field Office Processing Dates for California Service Center as of: October 31, 2017", and for K1 "June 1, 2017" and it also says that the page was last updated "December 26, 2017". Guess I have to wait...

35 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is certainly a sad indication of what is to come.

not necessarily? Trying to be the positive lol, even though it's getting harder, but we don't know when they filed the request to expedite, it was probably not done all the way back in July (I'd hope!)

Met Online : 1/16/15

Met In Person : 10/15/16

Flew to NZ and Proposed : 3/6/17

I-129F Submitted : 6/22/17

NOA1 : 6/26/17

Visit to US : 8/28/17

NOA2 : 1/24/18

NVC Received Case : 2/5/18

Forwarded to Auckland : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Received : 2/6/18

Packet 3 Completed : 3/1/18

Packet 4 Received : 3/9/18

Interview : 5/8/18 - APPROVED? Not officially, but yes, per CO...

6 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Thanks for your response! I was going by the "Current Processing Times" based on Visajourney website and not by the USCIS page which indicates the data as you said. It mentions "Field Office Processing Dates for California Service Center as of: October 31, 2017", and for K1 "June 1, 2017" and it also says that the page was last updated "December 26, 2017". Guess I have to wait...

That's based off people filling out their timelines, and unfortunately doesn't mean squat USCIS. It updates daily, but it's also a 'best guess' thing because some people don't input their info, and others, when they join, will put in an NOA2 date, based on their estimated timeline on the website I think, instead of waiting for the NOA2, which is why sometimes you'll see someone with an NOA2 in the future, at the top of the 'recently approved' Igor's list...Until the USCIS site that's always 2 months or so behind, says that as of whenever, they were at that point working on cases that fall after yours, you're within normal processing times. Settle in, grab some popcorn, an adult libation of your choice, and join us in the waiting game, friend :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
9 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Sadly that seems to be our only choice for now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
11 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

That's based off people filling out their timelines, and unfortunately doesn't mean squat USCIS. It updates daily, but it's also a 'best guess' thing because some people don't input their info, and others, when they join, will put in an NOA2 date, based on their estimated timeline on the website I think, instead of waiting for the NOA2, which is why sometimes you'll see someone with an NOA2 in the future, at the top of the 'recently approved' Igor's list...Until the USCIS site that's always 2 months or so behind, says that as of whenever, they were at that point working on cases that fall after yours, you're within normal processing times. Settle in, grab some popcorn, an adult libation of your choice, and join us in the waiting game, friend :)

Yes, I realize that now but for some reason I thought that they got that data from USCIS. Thanks.

1 minute ago, T-Bone said:

Yes, I realize that now but for some reason I thought that they got that data from USCIS. Thanks.

oh man, i wiiiiiiiiiiish XD if only we could get the people here into jobs there, we'd all be golden! XD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

wait what did I miss? you had an RFE??? 

Yup. Although it hasn't been updated online, but two different Tier 2s have now stated that we were marked as an RFE on 19th, and a letter was sent in the mail on 22nd.  Others have recieved mail that was posted from USCIS on 22nd, and yet ours still hasn't arrived so I have no idea yet what the RFE is for.

Will let you know when I know!

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

32 minutes ago, MM&CS said:

not necessarily? Trying to be the positive lol, even though it's getting harder, but we don't know when they filed the request to expedite, it was probably not done all the way back in July (I'd hope!)

That is true.  Either way, their 178 is much better than the June 6ers 205!  A month quicker is an expedite in my eyes.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

I see a lot of people here who are very impatient for updates. We have to remember that they are understaffed and overworked there so it's completely normal for them to be behind right now. They have a ton of work on their and we have to be understanding and patient. It's not like they're having parties and not doing actual work. Everyone will get a response in due time. We must be patient throughout this process. The more you focus everyday on seeing if there is a response, the longer it will feel. Try to relax a bit and take your mind off of it for a while and wait to receive your answer in the mail. Otherwise, you're only going to bring on more stress for yourself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.