Swissmiss82

I-129F June, Part II

5,784 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

I try to apply the randomness of case selection/processing on the working environment these petitions are worked in being quite possibly very similar to my own work condition, which is paralleled in productivity. (*clears throat* .... sorry for the long post)

My office receives various forms of correspondence from different people (I work at a financial institution) from multiple agencies, or that are sent directly to the CEO. These cases can range in size, number of issues, and amount of research needed. We have an intake distribution team (two people) who receive these files, build the cases, and distribute across all team members that do what I do. We all have individual queues we work independently, and varying cases, from date received, to date the case was actually built and assigned. Quite simply, and probably the most logical explanation for the varying processing dates - not all people work the same speed. I'm super fast. I type fast, I navigate fast, I'm good at my research. I try hard to get cases submitted for Quality Control review within 2 to 3 days of receiving it. The oldest case in my box right now is a case assigned to me on December 18. However, I know for a fact I have people in my office who have cases much older than that right now. This means I have customers whose cases I've worked that have already received their final response letter, while other customers who other people have worked cases for (that are older than the latter) haven't even had their final response letter completed yet. Whether it's because they just manage their pipeline differently than I do, they work slower, or the case(s) they have that are older are just more involved. The more pages/information, the longer it takes. I also believe people who send more information with their petition may require more time to review, and end up taking longer than someone else that was received close to when they were. Not that more information than others is a bad thing - but these are humans reviewing these packets, not machines.

We also don't know what their review process looks like. Depending on the beneficiary country and information required, do they have to reach out to different points of contact throughout the review? Do certain countries or cases require second level reviews, or an additional security check? If a case meets certain criteria, does it require any sort of escalation or second level review? We get cases at my job that often require us, in my position, to reach out to other lines of business within the bank such as Legal, Compliance, etc. This of course lengthens the review time and essentially the resolution.

As frustrating as it is, and as hard as it is to see outside of the blinders we all wear while trying to find that light at the end of the tunnel for our personal case....there are a lot of factors, most of which we probably don't have a clue about. Do politics play a part? It's easy to say they do, but we also can't say without a shadow of a doubt that this is the reason, or at least the sole reason. Changes to substantial legal processes, including legal immigration, require a lot more than someone coming into office and declaring their opinion. A lot of channels have to be followed before anybody would actually see or experience any significant change, such as people like us already in the midst of a legal process like immigration. (In my opinion; but I am no politician. :) ).

Shorthand version - I haven't reached that point yet where I believe skipping days or processing out of order necessarily means anything tragic. It also doesn't mean those people will be forgotten and left behind. I refuse to believe that. I still maintain my belief, as above, that it comes down to differences in human processing speeds. Which just makes me wish I could teach a typing course or something with USCIS to help these people speed up a little. :P

LOL that's basically what I said a couple pages earlier, but simply something along the lines of "maybe some petitions are easier to go through than others, and there are a lot of people working on them, they don't all work at the same speed" :D

Obviously I sympathize with people still waiting in agony!!! But I think there is at least a bit of method to the madness.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Naes said:

The only place that helps me to keep my sanity (or lose it faster not sure which one yet 😊)

kristen-laugh-cry-1436968659.gif?quality

Package mailed UPS            :   May 17, 2018 AOS ,EAD & AP

Package Delivered                :   May 19, 2018

NOA 1 Texts/Emails             :   May 31, 2018

NOA 1 Hard Copy                  :   June 4, 2018 (Notice Date: May 30, 2018)

Biometrics Letter Received :   June 08, 2018

Biometrics date                     :   June 21, 2018 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

8 minutes ago, SazKap said:

awww... 

i've been a lurker on here for so many months and then, recently I've hit this weird unexpected threshold where i realize i really am in need of some emotional support. And this place actually works! 

so thank you! <3

You're a June 2nd filer like me. For what it's worth, I have your case on my watch list and I'm rooting for you. I know exactly how hard it is to watch so many later filers pass by. It's punishing.   I keep thinking about the April and May filers too.

What an ordeal this is! Godspeed to all (L)

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

not to add fuel to the fire, but did people catch this article in today's NY Times?

This isn't about fiance visas, but it certainly makes me wonder. 

If you can't build a physical wall, you can still build a wall to new immigrants. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/20/us/trump-immigration-slowdown.html

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Chicagoseal said:

You’re fooling yourself if you think this administration has nothing to do with the slowdown. 

Can we file a collective injunction by all VJ members?

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
41 minutes ago, patientguyinlove said:

not to add fuel to the fire, but did people catch this article in today's NY Times?

I think that's what sent me into the initial tailspain this evening. while it doesn't mention k-1s, what I do know is that they re-allocated more than half the k-1 adjudicators to deal with the flooding of applications for all the people whose status was/is under threat (Haitians' protected status, Daca, etc.) and given what we know about the dramatically shrinking state department, I can only take a wild guess that USCIS has fewer staff, lower funding, more bureaucracy and red tape...  it's quite the perfect storm. 

After I had a quick meltdown on the phone with my mom, I looked at the tv and the chyron on CNN was something sadAF like "Majority of Americans report higher stress levels due to politics."

Edited by SazKap

Package mailed UPS            :   May 17, 2018 AOS ,EAD & AP

Package Delivered                :   May 19, 2018

NOA 1 Texts/Emails             :   May 31, 2018

NOA 1 Hard Copy                  :   June 4, 2018 (Notice Date: May 30, 2018)

Biometrics Letter Received :   June 08, 2018

Biometrics date                     :   June 21, 2018 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Lisa & Jorge said:

I hope you don't have to wait as long as they have been saying for NVC to receive your case and do the interview scheduling. Godspeed to you sis

Thank you so much, dear! Just one question, I do understand it's really unpredictable and impossible to fairly estimate when my interview will be scheduled, but do you have any idea when it will happen? March? April? 

thaaaaaaaanks @vocaledge !!! I love seeing sooo many approvals and not RFE's <3 yaaaaay!

now let's pray for 2 more successful days like this!

and @vocaledge - don't forget.. your Xmas gift will be here soon! stay positive

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

thaaaaaaaanks @vocaledge !!! I love seeing sooo many approvals and not RFE's <3 yaaaaay!

now let's pray for 2 more successful days like this!

and @vocaledge - don't forget.. your Xmas gift will be here soon! stay positive

I wish I could, but this has really got the better of me now - I just can't.

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiancé and I applied June 29 and I am getting so impatient waiting on an approval 😔.I was praying Santa would bring me an approval. That’s all I really want for Christmas 

14 hours ago, D and T said:

Guys guys!!!  Can someone please double check for me....I think our case was approved!  I didn't get any notification, but when I refreshed the app it changed in front of my eyes...

WAC1790350159  plz be real

congrats @D and T!!!!!:D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.