Murph4865

I-129F MAY FILERS PART 2

3,606 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, watahana87 said:

We got 221-g notice, the first sentence of the paper being 

"The office regrets to inform you that your visa application is refused because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following section(s) of the Immigraion and Nationality Act.

[x] Section 221(g) for noncompliance with the INA's requirements. Please mail in the following items along with your passport(s) at the above address to seek reconsideration. Submission of documents does not guarantee visa approval."

We did not have an original copy of his birth certificate (family register in Japan) at time of the interview. 

This is what people normally call administrative processing, but because it is classified as a "denial", it needs to be disclosed when being asked if you've ever been refused a visa, is what my immigration lawyer told me. 

Please let me know if you've heard something else! I'm not a lawyer myself so I can't say anything with 100% certainty. 

I have never heard of this, but I haven't read that much yet about AOS and I'm not a lawyer.  I hate that the 221-g starts with "the office regrets to inform you that your visa application is refused..." its so harsh, when in reality it's not actually denied.

I'll have to do more research into the AP/denial disclosure.  Ours is due to new processing so there isn't much documented on it.  

Good luck with the rest of your journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, cjelie said:

I have never heard of this, but I haven't read that much yet about AOS and I'm not a lawyer.  I hate that the 221-g starts with "the office regrets to inform you that your visa application is refused..." its so harsh, when in reality it's not actually denied.

I'll have to do more research into the AP/denial disclosure.  Ours is due to new processing so there isn't much documented on it.  

Good luck with the rest of your journey!

It is so harsh ): It just makes the whole situation worse, especially because, like you said, that really isn't the case. 

Thank you! And I wish you the best as well. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all !

I just called NVC and they let me know they received my case today but don't have a case number for it yet, since it was just received. They let me know it would take up to 2 weeks for a case number to be created due to all the cases they receive. After that the consulate will contact us with any further information. Do you know if they contact me or him? 

Do you guys really think this will take 2 weeks for a case number ? Once the consulate receives it do they contact us right away ? Or does it go through processing again ?

Any information from any Mexico filers I will greatly appreciate it. I would like to know just so I can let my employer know of any time I am thinking of taking off since I would like to be in Mexico with him once everything is ready to go. Also, what kind of paper work I should get ready. Should I file my 2017 taxes already ? I read someone having issues with the 2016 taxes.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Loverisaa said:

Hi all !

I just called NVC and they let me know they received my case today but don't have a case number for it yet, since it was just received. They let me know it would take up to 2 weeks for a case number to be created due to all the cases they receive. After that the consulate will contact us with any further information. Do you know if they contact me or him? 

Do you guys really think this will take 2 weeks for a case number ? Once the consulate receives it do they contact us right away ? Or does it go through processing again ?

Any information from any Mexico filers I will greatly appreciate it. I would like to know just so I can let my employer know of any time I am thinking of taking off since I would like to be in Mexico with him once everything is ready to go. Also, what kind of paper work I should get ready. Should I file my 2017 taxes already ? I read someone having issues with the 2016 taxes.  

I got my NOA2 on Feb 8 and in less than 20 days I had a NVC Case Number and Invoice Number. Then I had checked the CEAC and it said in Transit, a few days later it said Ready for Interview !!! I did the DS-160 and it printed out an Instruction sheet to pay the fee at the bank with a Code and Payment Number. It says to wait within 48 days for the payment to process and that will open the calendar for appointments. However it listed the first available as March 7, and we can’t take that because he hasn’t done the medical yet. We will call to schedule that tomorrow. It’s moving so fast now. 

Im so sorry for @Trinab80 I’m in the same situation except we 40/31 so im two years older and I understand because time is not on our side. I’m holding your hand and crying with you because I so know your pain with the process and with fertility concerns. ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our interview is scheduled March 21st. We could have scheduled sooner but because of work we scheduled our interview 5 weeks out. I have all the documents ready to go, just need to make copies of a few things and that's about it. I am the petitioner but I will be flying to Montreal on the 20th. I already gave originals to my fiance too just in case I can't make it. 

Now I'm just waiting for D-Day to arrive and the anxiety is killing me. I am really afraid of administrative processing and how long that can take. Does anyone know possible reasons why people can be stuck in AP or receive 221g? Do people know they are getting 221g at the time of the interview or is it a surprise when you get it in the mail/email?

Thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
14 hours ago, Minori said:

So, how they send your passport with fiancé visa after you approved? Letter pack, kakitome or something? 

@Minori

It comes by "Letter Pack Plus" from the CGI Federal Visa Application Service Center which is A4 size envelope. Someone at your place need to receive at the address you registered on I-160.

49 minutes ago, AK&JO said:

Thanks for all of your kind message but after three hours of delay from Haneda, I arrived to SFO and waiting for my fiancé to come back home from his work now:)

FYI, at the airport immigration, you should go to "visitor" lane and submit passport, custom sheet and visa envelope which you should not open but immigration officer does.

For my case, I was asked whether I have children or not and also the date and place of wedding and passed quickly.

Our wedding is on March 8th at San Francisco's city hall. Small civil wedding but I hope it goes smoothly and so does your K-1 visa processes !

Thank you for giving us information always!!  I’m so happy for you that you!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, TNJ17 said:

Hey guys, does anyone have the link to check on the status of the visa after being approved at interview? I know someone posted it once but can’t remember it. Thanks. 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shoegum said:

Received the passport back with Visa today :)

Yayyyyyy

I jumped when I saw the purple S!!!!!

congratulations!!!!

Edited by Naes

4 minutes ago, Shoegum said:

Received the passport back with Visa today :)

Congrats!

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.