MsNewYork

Married on the first visit and pregnant

28 posts in this topic

My husband and I met 3 years ago and a year later I went to Ghana . During the duration of my visit we married , at the time we didn't know the difficulty of his embassy we just knew we want to be together and quiet frankly it's a shame we should have to worried about that ( what a embassy will say ) fast forward we are coming up on our 2 year marriage anniversary. We just got  the surprise of a lifetime which is IM PREGNANT! Even though I married on the first visit almost 2 years ago my husband and I have a seasoned relationship . We've traveled to Lagos and Singapore and traveled to various attractions within the Ghana area . I've also been there 5 times and the most I've stayed is 3 weeks. I Wish I could stay longer but being in corporate is almost close to impossible . However now with this pregnancy I need my husband and I am high risk ( I chose not to state why ) however I fear we will be denied because of a decision we made a few years ago however I need my child father here and the love of my life . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When did you file ?  Pregnancy is not a reason in itself to expedite unless you have severe complications.   High risk because you are older won't cut it,  High risk because you are a heart transplant recipient and may die would probably get you a quicker interview . That being said you still have to satisfy the officer that your relationship is valid.    

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Maybe you misconstrued my post , however I won't even mention to my husband to inform the CO if interviewed I'm at high risk. More than likely I will have this child before the assigned interview . My concern is I'm bringing a new life into this world  yet a CO will be so hung up I married on the first visit NOTHING else would be taken into consideration hence like our first child . I can handle being without my husband however being a mother and by myself can't handle that . That reason alone is why I'm scared to file . Other than that we have a solid foundation and no other embassy consisted " red flags ".

i will file due to the new blessing in our lives 

Idk what I'm asking either lol maybe I just need some insight on things . I'm seeing all these stories on here about couples being denied due to marrying first visit . It's hurting me because In 7 months it will no longer be about me and the decisions made here from now will impact our child . However I thank you for your words and we are going to go file for the first time . We applied for a b1/b2 in 2015 not knowing the high denial rate for such visa because my family wanted to desperately meet the man I'm in love with 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is the marriage legal? I don't really understand your worries either, but for one it will take awhile to get a CR-1 visa, usually over a year I believe. Sounds like your relationship evidence is solid, but what is your mistake? Filing the b1/b2 while being married? I don't think that will cause a denial, if he is in a high fraud country..then that is your hurdle and will just have to file the paperwork and see where it leads you. Good luck in your journey!

Yes our marriage is legal . We got married at the Kumasi metropolitan assembly . I think our biggest mistake was getting married my first visit however as stated above we didn't think about that or it could be " reg flagged " we just knew we love each other and we wanted it official fast forward to now I'm pregnant . Ghana embassy is unfortunately one of the hardest embassies . However this is in God hands and he knows our heart first hand . Thank you for the words of encouragement 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 minutes ago, TamaraN said:

Usually, marrying on the first visit causes problems, especially in high fraud countries, because this first visit, where the couple married is the ONLY time they have met and they have usually only known each other a short period of time. You have been married two years and have met your husband in person several times.   I don’t think your situation will be an issue! 

Echoing this. Marrying during the first visit is a red flag if you turn around and apply for a visa immediately after. You clearly have more proof of a bonafide relationship than just that first trip (the pregnancy doesn't really count, but the trips do) so don't worry about that "red flag"!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

How many visits have you made since that first visit?   that is the biggest issue

i hope when the baby is born you can take the child to meet his father / not sure of your medical condition 

but another visit is probably needed to strenthen your case and also need to have been together in the last 2 years of the interview 

i see you have not filed yet / you need to file if you want him here to help you

good luck to you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband is also from high fraud  country 

i made 5 trips to ensure his visa so fact that you met in other places will help and you need copies of stamps on passport pages plus itininers to prove you were together

i know at this time you can not travel 

but file the forms for the spouse visa I 130 for CR1 and follow the documents needed / this will take well over a year to get interview

the B1 and B2 are not what you need / my thoughts is the B1 and B2 will be denied as this was not proper visa in this case

we all wish you the best with a healthy baby

and congratulations

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
18 hours ago, MsNewYork said:

Maybe you misconstrued my post , however I won't even mention to my husband to inform the CO if interviewed I'm at high risk. More than likely I will have this child before the assigned interview . My concern is I'm bringing a new life into this world  yet a CO will be so hung up I married on the first visit NOTHING else would be taken into consideration hence like our first child . I can handle being without my husband however being a mother and by myself can't handle that . That reason alone is why I'm scared to file . Other than that we have a solid foundation and no other embassy consisted " red flags ".

i will file due to the new blessing in our lives 

We married on the first visit.  I don't think that in itself is a hangup.

Why have you not filed yet??  This is the most confusing aspect.  You tried for B2 in 2015 left it at that??

File.

Chances of being accepted only start after that!

The red flag is more if you only met once, you have met several times since so it's not really to worry about.

Good wishes on your pregnancy.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

First of all congratulations with your pregnancy!

Second, file and if your marriage is genuine the IO will know, and if you have to provide additional proof just do it.
I get where your coming from, but fear is a mind killer and we always tend to think different worst case scenarios.
But you don't know how the IO will react until you file.

So basically, get rid of that crippling fear and start building your new life with your husband and newborn.

Good luck.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.