AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, h&y said:

I know that I can't go in with my fiancé. I'd be waiting across the street in a cafe with his brother if I do go. Which is fine, but I'd be dying to know what's going on. Imagine having to fly home alone? Not to think negatively but I'd probably die. Lol. At this point, we are just rolling with it. This site has confused me as to whether or not print engagement photos. Right now we are just piecing together the info needed that I have to sign and send. I guess we'll figure it out from there. Just praying the CO sees that I spent 6 months with him in addition to 3 other trips. I wouldn't do it for someone I hated lol

If you can't even go in don't bother (I did hear a case where they asked where the petitioner was and invited in but just one case)

Engagement pictures are a mess..read about that more, I only saw bad outcomes of it, and that's what messes me.. because in my culture too it's normal to do an engagement party but we didn't do it. Both because we didn't go to Turkey for it yet and because I read too many messy outcomes. But some say they expect the traditional things to happen, then some gets denied because of it..

i would keep them in case.. but not offer them with normal proof. Maybe check specifically for if morocco cases got refused because of it? 

Because I don't recall a specific morocco case denial because of engagement. But maybe you can find if it is a good thing to have or not ( although I'm sure you checked already...) there's one person who is specifically knowledgeable about casa in the forum.

Timeline

@h&y see I was thinking about that case (I mentioned above) but even that one had age diffeeences! You two are young and met so many times! I really can't even guess what can go wrong (knock on the wood)

what is your received date by the way? Your case is around the corner right??

I have a question about printing engagement photos? My fiance and I got engaged a few years ago. He had my engagement ring shipped to our home in Canada. We lived together for 2 years (he was here on a student visa). We even planned a wedding but postponed it a few months before. We thought we would settle in Canada but sort of decided last minute when he was done with school that he had better career opportunities in the States so rather than get married here and begin the Canadian immigration process , we decided we would move to the US instead. I'm glad we waited because he got a great career , something he's wanted for a long time. So essentially we have engagement photos, wedding plans, etc. We have a long history together... Like since 2011. What's wrong with submitting photos of engagement?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, h&y said:

I'm just going with less is more. i Have spoken with a few super helpful people about Casa. And believe me it seems a lot nicer than some others make it seem lol I think they primarily want to see the two can communicate. I've read some pretty funny stories (maybe they shouldn't be funny but to me they were) where the person just didn't know how to answer the questions. This just shows no way to communicate. I guess that's what I mean when I say we just have not a clue what'll be asked of us! Some interviews were so awesome! A few questions about how they met and that was it. Others were digging for someone to mess up. I won't stress it anymore. I just can't. He's almost sure they'll focus questions on my converting to Islam over last Ramadan. My pictures are with scarves. They may find it interesting. Something as small as this could be the focus. Who what where why when. We sometimes do mock interviews and just laugh because his answers are so truthfully funny. I told him maybe he'll make a CO laugh and it'll be genuine. (I have an obsession with donkeys in Morocco. They are just soooo cute and we have some!) But I had asked "what does your fiancé like to do? And he said "well she's completely obsessed with donkeys and wants to have just about everyone of them she sees..." I'm like ok great answer #denied 😂

It's 9/6... and for some reason we are under the desk of the person who rather eat a box of donuts I guess 

We only see bad examples in our face, good ones are always hidden!! It's good you found those. You should write about your experience in the end detailed for everyone.and that donkey answer is #approved 🤣🤣🤣

i love donkeysssss!!! You should just have 100 pictures of them instead and poor fiancé just shrugging "what can I do" she wants the donkeys 😁

For the date days after 9/5 is so low in number I would expect it in the mail instead of an update. I don't know why but probably because of the percentage low dates see less updates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Naes said:

because in my culture too it's normal to do an engagement party but we didn't do it. Both because we didn't go to Turkey for it yet 

Wait, what? You‘re not japanese? My life is a lie!! 😂😂😂

September 28,  2017 - I-129F Sent

October 2, 2017 I-129F NOA1

March 24, 2018 - NOA2

April 10, 2018 -  Case number received

April 14, 2018 - Case marked as ready

April 18, 2018 - Received and sent back Package 3

May 2, 2018 - Medical

May 16, 2018 - Interview

May 17, 2018 - Visa Issued

May 23, 2018 - Visa in the mail

June 2, 2018 - POE

Timeline
14 minutes ago, J❤️J said:

I have a question about printing engagement photos? My fiance and I got engaged a few years ago. He had my engagement ring shipped to our home in Canada. We lived together for 2 years (he was here on a student visa). We even planned a wedding but postponed it a few months before. We thought we would settle in Canada but sort of decided last minute when he was done with school that he had better career opportunities in the States so rather than get married here and begin the Canadian immigration process , we decided we would move to the US instead. I'm glad we waited because he got a great career , something he's wanted for a long time. So essentially we have engagement photos, wedding plans, etc. We have a long history together... Like since 2011. What's wrong with submitting photos of engagement?

I don't think there's anything wrong in your case. It's just in some countries engagement can be mixed up with marriage, and religious marriage so some co's deny it based on "too married for k1" and yep it is messed up... you may chose not to provide them unless asked. They may just ask you again if you are married or not. But overall as we have seen a lot of denial (however mostly mena countries and some mock wedding situations) we try to say "be careful with those"

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fippsie said:

Wait, what? You‘re not japanese? My life is a lie!! 😂😂😂

Turkish living in japan... I used to put Turkey as the country too but then I got too many questions related to Turkey yet I had to say I have no clue about it, so I gave up and changed.

i want to go to Turkey if I can just get this visa done!!! I need a vacation and good cheese!!!! (Cheese in japan is blah)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, h&y said:

We absolutely printed some pictures with the donkeys! I feel like it makes him comfortable for some reason. He knows I love love love animals. It's very different then his town. Dogs just kind  of run around and eat whatever. When I'm there I fly in with dog food and toys and just sit outside like hello hello. It's rubbed off on him. Lol! In all honesty my fiancé is a lot calmer than myself. I think you'll be ok too. This process is one heck of an experience thst I pray will be over in the next two months !! 

There's a reason why we are here and they are not...

mine is sightseeing today... just told him I hate Mondays because it is not Monday in California....it took him a while to get why I said that and he complained hating Mondays when he is in California 🤦🏻‍♀️

Timeline
Just now, h&y said:

All my clothes and hijabs come from turkey. Would loveeeee to visit and spend my paychecks on tunics galore. but unfortunately I think the USA still is not accepting new applications for a visa to turkey at the moment. They blocked it a few months ago.. but haven't checked if it's been lifted yet 

They dooo!! (If they don't go coucou over each other again we'll be going together in June before moving!) 

it is an awesome place to find find any type of clothing, I love how anything is available to literally anyone! Here you want a scarf ? We have that. You want crop top? We have that too..

sorry i just miss it so much, I can talk about it for days... didn't go for 5 years now!! 

9 minutes ago, Naes said:

I don't think there's anything wrong in your case. It's just in some countries engagement can be mixed up with marriage, and religious marriage so some co's deny it based on "too married for k1" and yep it is messed up... you may chose not to provide them unless asked. They may just ask you again if you are married or not. But overall as we have seen a lot of denial (however mostly mena countries and some mock wedding situations) we try to say "be careful with those"

Thanks! Makes sense. Our photos are definitely standard engagement photos. They aren't wedding photos in any way, shape or form. Anyone looking at them would say 'oh, looks like a couple photo session' or 'looks like a engagement photo session'...no one would ever look at them and think 'looks like they got married' .  Thanks for the clarification 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was wondering what is the rate of denial? Do we know? From what I read it doesn't seem to be that common, is that true? I believe they need a really bad reason to deny a visa... Just out of curiosity :pop:

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ana e jordan said:

I was wondering what is the rate of denial? Do we know? From what I read it doesn't seem to be that common, is that true? I believe they need a really bad reason to deny a visa... Just out of curiosity :pop:

For I-129f according to uscis reports:

In 2017 it was on average of 16% 

however after january it was 20%

these rates includes rejections which happens at the starts of the case (before noa1) and they are mostly forgot to sign the form or wrong amount paid etc. and as forms and amount changed this year they were many of those.

other denials are usually not having met or not able to show that they are single.

for interview level: it is where most denials happen; from what I've gathered around the forums around (I don't have a percentage though but there are reports about how many approved -don't have the full amount) the reasons are usually not being able to show bonafide, being too married (some people actually get married while waiting...seriously), and financial.

then there is inadmissible... but again no real reported info on these embassy stage denials that I could find specifically for k1.

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Naes said:

For I-129f according to uscis reports:

In 2017 it was on average of 16% 

however after january it was 20%

these rates includes rejections which happens at the starts of the case (before noa1) and they are mostly forgot to sign the form or wrong amount paid etc. and as forms and amount changed this year they were many of those.

other denials are usually not having met or not able to show that they are single.

for interview level: it is where most denials happen; from what I've gathered around the forums around (I don't have a percentage though but there are reports about how many approved -don't have the full amount) the reasons are usually not being able to show bonafide, being too married (some people actually get married while waiting...seriously), and financial.

then there is inadmissible... but again no real reported info on these embassy stage denials that I could find specifically for k1.

Thanks for the prompt answer! So yes, I guess it's actually not that easy to get denied. Because all these reasons put the good intentions of the relationship is a very fragile place, i guess...

Timeline
1 minute ago, ana e jordan said:

Thanks for the prompt answer! So yes, I guess it's actually not that easy to get denied. Because all these reasons put the good intentions of the relationship is a very fragile place, i guess...

Exactly!

It's usually a tiny mistake unless it is a fraud case. So I think they are also trying really hard to find those. There was some report on that in the website. I hate those occurrences cause that's why genuine people are waiting like crazy here... or get crazy during the wait....

PS_prompt answer=nothing to do at work...sigh...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.